Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Credit, Debit and Prepaid Card Programs > Manufactured Spending
Reload this Page >

Looks like the new Citi Double Cash card (2%) can offer a good avenue for some of us

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Looks like the new Citi Double Cash card (2%) can offer a good avenue for some of us

Search this Thread

Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:11 pm

Has anyone been able to PC a Citi Dividend World MasterCard to a Double Cash card? Citi says I have to get a new card. They can't PC a World card to a Double Cash card.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 2:49 pm

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by wilma one
Has anyone been able to PC a Citi Dividend World MasterCard to a Double Cash card? Citi says I have to get a new card. They can't PC a World card to a Double Cash card.
I did a PC from an American Airlines Bronze card to a DoubleCash.
Old Jan 12, 2015, 7:08 pm

Originally Posted by wilma one
I PC'ed my Dividend World Mastercard to a Double Cash card about a month ago.
Old Jan 18, 2015, 11:13 pm

Did anyone notice if usbuxx loads are getting the 2% CB ?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 12:10 am

Are you getting 2 % back on purchase and payment? Some online reviews says it is giving only 1% back for doing both?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:12 am

Originally Posted by su9062
Yes, I get it from DCB card.

ETA: I know I'm getting 2% because I have close to zero balance when statement cuts and from the computation, I see 1% for all charges and another 1% for all payments I made. They tally with my computations.
Old Jan 19, 2015, 8:24 pm

Has anyone tried using the Double Cash MC to buy Amex GC? Wondering if this card will count as a purchase or CA?
Old Jan 19, 2015, 9:04 pm

Originally Posted by daedge
Has anyone tried using the Double Cash MC to buy Amex GC? Wondering if this card will count as a purchase or CA?
Even if it is coded as purchase, I'm not sure it will earn 2% since amex is financial institution.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 7:10 am

Originally Posted by daedge
you can try as long as your CA is set to zero or very small amount; if transaction doesn't go through, most likely it is processed as cash advance but when it goes through, it'll likely post as sale.If processed as sale, you'll definitely get CB for it.
Old Jan 20, 2015, 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear
Yes, I get it from DCB card.

ETA: I know I'm getting 2% because I have close to zero balance when statement cuts and from the computation, I see 1% for all charges and another 1% for all payments I made. They tally with my computations.
Thank you
Old Jan 29, 2015, 6:09 am

Programs: Marriott Titanium, Hilton Gold, UA Silver
Originally Posted by su9062
I can confirm that for my NW Buxx, you get 1% on the purchase, but not 1% paying it off for NW Buxx. I received a written letter from Citi confirming that and I see it on my last statement that closed yesterday.

No Cash Advance fee though, but you're down to 1% total, so I'm using a different card to load NW Buxx.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.