FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   $25 off $250 Best Buy Amex Sync (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1594179-25-off-250-best-buy-amex-sync.html)

I Fly Delta Jets Jul 18, 2014 7:54 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 23217591)
give it another day and if you still don't get the credit posted, just call amex CS and they can easily fix it for you. as long as this offer are on your 3 primary accounts and not AUs, you will get the statement credit for each since you complied with the terms.

Can add-on AND primary cards take advantage of this offer? they have their own amex login accounts and registered independently successfully for the promo. Primary card purchase tracked correctly but not the add-on card purchase. Anyone know? TIA.

Mamibear Jul 18, 2014 8:02 am

Originally Posted by I Fly Delta Jets (Post 23217734)
Can add-on AND primary cards take advantage of this offer? they have their own amex login accounts and registered independently successfully for the promo. Primary card purchase tracked correctly but not the add-on card purchase. Anyone know? TIA.

DH and I are AUs on each other's card but we noticed the offer is ONLY set on the primary holder's card number as specified in Amex offers for you tab. If one uses the AU card to purchase let's say $20 on amazon, they will not get the $20 credit especially if there is already a $20 credited to the primary card's number.

afaik, for cards with AUs, all transactions go on the the primary cardholders account and that is how they can easily track how many statement credits an account got; so it is unlikely that AUs can avail of the same offer limited to one per account, which I don't mind.

dboston1 Jul 18, 2014 8:43 am

Originally Posted by CarnegieS (Post 23216094)
I'm new to MS and this was my first attempt at anything! Decided to go for this promotion on 3 amex cards. I purchased 4 of the "Happy Birthday Best Buy Prepaid Cards' @ $200 each. Charged $250 to each card but have not received any email from amex sync yet :confused: . So I am hoping that this wasn't considered a corporate giftcard. Has anyone else already had success with the Metabank visa card with the best buy logo?

Also signed up for a bluebird account today so that card should be here next week. But I don't particularly care to wait a week so does anyone know if it is possible to cash these out for a money order at WalMart? I know VGC and VR can be, but not sure on these.

OP: Thanks for throwing this info out there!

I got an email for my Bestbuy transaction, but I've found that you don't always get emails for the AmEx sync offers. I didn't get an email for the Amazon one, but the credit posted anyway. Give it a couple of days.

mintcilantro Jul 18, 2014 12:12 pm

Credits for my amex blue and spg have posted but serve credit has not posted although the transaction moved from pending to posted. Looks like serve is slower to post.

Tofe Jul 18, 2014 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro (Post 23218991)
Credits for my amex blue and spg have posted but serve credit has not posted although the transaction moved from pending to posted. Looks like serve is slower to post.

just curious, how do you access the Amex offers on a Serve card?

mintcilantro Jul 18, 2014 12:51 pm

Originally Posted by Tofe (Post 23219035)
just curious, how do you access the Amex offers on a Serve card?

I synced with twitter. Got confirmation emails for registration and spending

DziVang Jul 18, 2014 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by mintcilantro (Post 23218991)

Same here .... got credit for all other amex cards 2 days ago but Serve.

jacobsta811 Jul 18, 2014 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by I Fly Delta Jets (Post 23217734)

Real American Express Corporation american express cards can always do all Amex sync deals on Primary and Authorized user cards - you just have to sign up separately, as each card has its own number. IE, for twitter, you have to sync them each to a different account. For Americanexpress.com, you have to have a separate sign on for your authorized user card.
For other Amexes, ie Fidelity 2%, Wells Fargo Propel, etc, you can only do twitter/facebook/foursquare offers and only on the primary cardholders card.

For this one in particular I have only currently done the offer on the authorized user cards so far (3 of them) and got the email for all 3. Virtually every offer I have ever done I have done across 7 cards and had no trouble with it crediting automatically for either primary or secondary users. Sometimes I don't get an email, but never actually didn't get the credit.

jan_believes Jul 18, 2014 3:32 pm

After reading here today, I signed into my DH's Amex GP AU account and did see the Best Buy offer for him even though I had clicked on mine two days ago.

Too bad he took the card overseas with him.....

I Fly Delta Jets Jul 19, 2014 9:20 am

Originally Posted by jacobsta811 (Post 23219602)
Real American Express Corporation american express cards can always do all Amex sync deals on Primary and Authorized user cards - you just have to sign up separately, as each card has its own number. IE, for twitter, you have to sync them each to a different account. For Americanexpress.com, you have to have a separate sign on for your authorized user card.
For other Amexes, ie Fidelity 2%, Wells Fargo Propel, etc, you can only do twitter/facebook/foursquare offers and only on the primary cardholders card.

For this one in particular I have only currently done the offer on the authorized user cards so far (3 of them) and got the email for all 3. Virtually every offer I have ever done I have done across 7 cards and had no trouble with it crediting automatically for either primary or secondary users. Sometimes I don't get an email, but never actually didn't get the credit.

Thats what I noticed too. Thanks taking time to write a such a long and detailed explanation :)

CarnegieS Jul 19, 2014 11:29 am

Follow up : I got my $25 statement credit on 2 of my cards today so I am pretty happy about that! So far I like MS and the massive about of information that this community has to offer! Thanks again to anyone who replied. :)

ftomasze Jul 19, 2014 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by CarnegieS (Post 23222894)
Follow up : I got my $25 statement credit on 2 of my cards today so I am pretty happy about that! So far I like MS and the massive about of information that this community has to offer! Thanks again to anyone who replied. :)

Soon you'll be floating 25k a month and wonder "how did this happen?" Lol.

thejson Jul 19, 2014 2:14 pm

Are these cards loading normally at WM?

I Fly Delta Jets Jul 19, 2014 3:12 pm

Originally Posted by thejson (Post 23223494)
Are these cards loading normally at WM?

Affirmative

brownie20 Jul 19, 2014 9:24 pm

Originally Posted by I Fly Delta Jets (Post 23213849)
F5

Originally Posted by I Fly Delta Jets (Post 23215085)
I stand corrected ;)

i'm so sorry you were absolutely right - F5 works too; a knowledgeable cashier chose F5 today and then went straight to scanning the strip, and it worked perfectly! so much faster then the F6, F5 i think most other cashiers usually do. thank you for pointing the F5 key out - i wouldn't have noticed it today if you hadn't mentioned it (and the easier it is to teach new cashiers the better for all of us ;) )!