FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   MO Purchases using OV @ WM (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1581146-mo-purchases-using-ov-wm.html)

ftomasze Oct 10, 2014 2:37 am

Originally Posted by skibum7732 (Post 23654907)
There are numerous other methods out there for MS....Way to many one-trick ponies around here, but hopefully this will weed some out of the game:D

Honestly, it's not a "one trick pony" thing, IMO. It's a convenience thing, esp when your in an area where grocery stores #1 won't sell >$500 / person / day, #2 don't do MOs. It's hard to hit category bonus spend with OV dead that way. But like you said, there's other ways...there just more time consuming.

bigugly Oct 10, 2014 3:58 am

Originally Posted by skibum7732 (Post 23654907)
There are numerous other methods out there for MS....Way to many one-trick ponies around here, but hopefully this will weed some out of the game:D

It will probably cause idiots to act the fool at some of our other favorite places, trying to use OVs, and at WM desparately trying to get anything to work, causing even more scrutiny. OVs have been easy and lots of noobs hold them and the ones not following this site or this thread lately are still buying them.

zenride Oct 10, 2014 5:08 am

deleted

Brugge Oct 10, 2014 8:17 am

OV failed with Evolve

Tried to make a utility payment yesterday, one I've made thru Evolve before. Message in my email today that the payment failed, due to "problem with your card". Called OV, full amount is still on the card. Maybe the problem isn't totally with WM after all? :confused:

rtraveler Oct 10, 2014 8:44 am

Anyone else get the stink-eye from the moneycenter cashiers that recognize you coming in every week? Sometimes they give me an attitude and act like they're doing me a favor, lol.

granstagna Oct 10, 2014 8:59 am

Originally Posted by rtraveler (Post 23656172)
Anyone else get the stink-eye from the moneycenter cashiers that recognize you coming in every week? Sometimes they give me an attitude and act like they're doing me a favor, lol.

Not really, usually the one that recognized me treat me well.... Of course I don't go through the multiple swipes exercise with them. Just a quick in and out a couple times a week.

tuphat Oct 10, 2014 9:01 am

Since there doesn't seem to be a dedicated non-WM-related Vanilla thread, I will ask this question here:

The stock of Vanilla $20-$500 GCs* at my local drugstore consists entirely of what I believe is older stock, with a magnetic strip rather than a bar code on the outside of the package. When purchasing, the clerk runs the strip through the register instead of just optically scanning.

Does the mag strip represent an unacceptable level of fraud risk to me?

* These are the ribbon/present GCs, not OVs.

prasha11 Oct 10, 2014 9:01 am

Originally Posted by Brugge (Post 23656021)
Tried to make a utility payment yesterday, one I've made thru Evolve before. Message in my email today that the payment failed, due to "problem with your card". Called OV, full amount is still on the card. Maybe the problem isn't totally with WM after all? :confused:

+ 1
(3 x debit not available and/or alternate payment for everyday purchases)
MyVanilla scam all over again!

ericdabbs Oct 10, 2014 9:04 am

Originally Posted by Brugge (Post 23656021)

Did you schedule the payment correctly on OV? The day you scheduled the payment has to be the same day its being charged (ex: Today is 10/10, you have to schedule a payment that is being charged on 10/10 which is typically 3 business days out. In this case I had to select 10/15). So you are sure you scheduled it correctly?

jiffyjiff Oct 10, 2014 9:09 am

Originally Posted by ericdabbs (Post 23656314)
Did you schedule the payment correctly on OV? The day you scheduled the payment has to be the same day its being charged (ex: Today is 10/10, you have to schedule a payment that is being charged on 10/10 which is typically 3 business days out. In this case I had to select 10/15). So you are sure you scheduled it correctly?

+1

Numerous Evolve payments made with OV this week without issue. Picking the correct payment/ charge dates is key.

Juss11 Oct 10, 2014 9:13 am

Originally Posted by bigugly (Post 23655163)
It will probably cause idiots to act the fool at some of our other favorite places, trying to use OVs, and at WM desparately trying to get anything to work, causing even more scrutiny. OVs have been easy and lots of noobs hold them and the ones not following this site or this thread lately are still buying them.

You have been here 3 months & less than 100 post. Your not a noob?

hamokmonky Oct 10, 2014 9:15 am

Originally Posted by Brugge (Post 23650400)
Because I haven't seen any reports of people loading at Kate with non-Van cards. Lots of posts on how using OV is "stupid", so you would think those folks are loading with non-Vans, but if so, why is no one reporting on their results. :confused:

Well, for one this is a thread about the OV and not about other cards. For two, other cards have never stopped working, and do not have continuing problems like the OV, so why would we report something that has always worked and is not broken, as currently working??

ericdabbs Oct 10, 2014 9:18 am

delete

bigugly Oct 10, 2014 9:57 am

Originally Posted by Juss11 (Post 23656371)
You have been here 3 months & less than 100 post. Your not a noob?

Lighten up Francis

Brugge Oct 10, 2014 10:08 am

Originally Posted by hamokmonky (Post 23656384)
Well, for one this is a thread about the OV and not about other cards. For two, other cards have never stopped working, and do not have continuing problems like the OV, so why would we report something that has always worked and is not broken, as currently working??

So is there a different thread for WM MOs with non-Vanilla cards? If so, please post a link for it.

Have you perhaps noticed that although this thread is "about" purchasing MOs with OV, at least half of the posts are about BP instead of MOs. There is a separate thread for WMBP, but virtually no one posts anything there.

As someone using OV at WM, I don't think it was out of line to ask if other types of cards are working much better than OV. That's a relevant question since on one hand OVs are easy to buy and cost a dollar less, but on the other hand you never know if they are going to work at WM or not.