FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Is Incomm SPYING on me? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1568512-incomm-spying-me.html)

kingrat Apr 12, 2014 7:15 am

Originally Posted by kenme1 (Post 22691740)
Yes, do tell us where you are buying VR's with a CC. Please!!!!! I am going through withdraws and need a fix.

Just buy the OVGC and you wil be ok

silver6054 Apr 13, 2014 9:57 am

Originally Posted by kingrat (Post 22692955)
Just buy the OVGC and you wil be ok

See, that's how it escalates. VR as gateway drug. $3.95, nice and manageable. But that stops, and now you spend $4.95 on OV, next step is try to the seasonal gift cards at $5.95. Then you find yourself living under a bridge, wondering what the hell happened to your life.

BillyBaloney Apr 13, 2014 12:35 pm

You are too funny.

silver6054 Apr 13, 2014 4:09 pm

Originally Posted by BillyBaloney (Post 22698241)
You are too funny.

Yes, it is a gift. But to be fair, we got a head start from your chosen thread title.

msp2anywhere Apr 13, 2014 5:18 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 22697569)
See, that's how it escalates... Then you find yourself living under a bridge, wondering what the hell happened to your life.

Yeah, but it's a bridge in Venice, and I flew here in Biz on LX.

AveApostle Apr 13, 2014 6:24 pm

Hey, I stopped by because I heard that someone was buying VRs with a CC. That's...that's cool.

So...hi, y'all.

macdonaldj2 Apr 13, 2014 6:50 pm

Originally Posted by AveApostle (Post 22699503)
Hey, I stopped by because I heard that someone was buying VRs with a CC. That's...that's cool.

So...hi, y'all.

This

AlohaDaveKennedy Apr 13, 2014 7:25 pm

Big Oopsy as to who has been spying on you! Unless you believe the NSA, in which case you might be interested in buying this bridge from Florida to Cuba I have for sale.:p

April 11 (Bloomberg) -- Ghostery Senior Director of Research Andy Kahl and Bloomberg’s Michael Riley discuss the NSA’s knowledge of the Heartbleed bug on Bloomberg Television's “Street Smart.” (Source: Bloomberg)

...The U.S. National Security Agency knew for at least two years about a flaw in the way that many websites send sensitive information, now dubbed the Heartbleed bug, and regularly used it to gather critical intelligence, two people familiar with the matter said.

The agency’s reported decision to keep the bug secret in pursuit of national security interests threatens to renew the rancorous debate over the role of the government’s top computer experts. The NSA, after declining to comment on the report, subsequently denied that it was aware of Heartbleed until the vulnerability was made public by a private security report earlier this month...

Originally Posted by AlohaDaveKennedy (Post 22692729)
Indeed, spying would imply that Incomm shares data with the NSA and CIA. But no major US companies do that now, do they? Oops, let me rephrase that...:p

rdover1 Apr 13, 2014 8:39 pm

Same thing happened to me in 711 a while back I was still in the store when they called. The teller confined I was a regular and then hung up.

AveApostle Apr 13, 2014 9:39 pm

Originally Posted by rdover1 (Post 22699992)
Same thing happened to me in 711 a while back I was still in the store when they called. The teller confined I was a regular and then hung up.

True, me too. That was back in the good ole Summer of Aught-thirteen. I tell ya, good times.

Billy, we're not from Incomm. Because if we were, we would already know the answer to the question "where were you buying 4 beans at once with a cc?"

But we don't.

So we're just asking politely.

BillyBaloney Apr 28, 2014 3:39 pm

Bought 3 more VR's yesterday. Now all the cashiers know who I am. I was immediately questioned "whether or not I gave them my ID - wait...let me call the manager..." Within 3 seconds, there was a lady at the register asking for my ID, of which a copy was made. I was allowed to make the purchase. The reason they made a copy of my ID (so they said) was, "The company keeps calling us because you buy so much..."

I ASK YOU - WHAT THE HECK? Is this going to get worse? Am I on borrowed time here?

nys1 Apr 28, 2014 3:54 pm

But the most important question we all want to know is *where* did you buy the VR's with CC??? I'm having withdrawals too... (can you at least advise which part of the country, if not the retailers. Or a hint?). Thanks! (typed with shaking hands. Just the THOUGHT of VR's with cc has my blood racing!)

MsArbi Apr 28, 2014 6:41 pm

Deleted.

BillyBaloney Apr 29, 2014 8:24 pm

To all the people sending me PM's -

I don't want to reveal my source, because I'm afraid it will go away. Plus I really don't know who I'm talking to. I can tell you this much - I'm not near any big city. I am at least 5 hours (by car) from any major airport.

The best advice I can give - go to the webiste for Vanilla Reload. Click on the link where it says "All Retailers." Look there. The source that I have is somewhere hidden therein. Do some homework one day when you have an hour or three.

Most people have already given up since CVS stopped selling. But there are other sources out there, believe me. I'm taking a wild guess but I think that maybe 85% or more have just simply given up. It's like rock-hunting. You have to keep looking. DIG. I even found a back-up source from digging into those links. Dig deep.

^