Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Kroger Master Thread

Search this Thread

Old Sep 17, 2015, 7:21 am

So my kroger gas station doesn't sell gift cards. They said they cannot even reload it. What is the trick? Just try more krogers?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:24 pm

Originally Posted by lucky2014
I just applied a digital coupon to my account for 4x points on gift cards, ymmv.
The Ralphs website didn't show this coupon, but I added it on the Kroger site.
Has anyone tried using it at Ralphs? If so, did it work, and did it give you 40 cents off per gallon for buying $100, or just 400 fuel points? (In my area, the max fuel points I can redeem is 200, but sometimes they have special offers that give 40 cents off per gallon)
Old Sep 17, 2015, 2:57 pm

Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but where do you purchase money orders at Kroger? Is there a limit on the size? What is the cost? --> I may have a number of OV VGCs I need to get rid of...
Old Sep 17, 2015, 3:34 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Sorry if this seems like a silly question, but where do you purchase money orders at Kroger? Is there a limit on the size? What is the cost? --> I may have a number of OV VGCs I need to get rid of...
At CS. The fee and limit may vary by area and chain, but it's $0.49 for up to $750 at every Fry's I've been to in AZ. OVs work fine.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by cdog999
Kroger's in my area are cash only so I use Meijer for MOs
Old Sep 17, 2015, 6:12 pm

OK.So relatively new to Kroger MO's here. I have done a 999.31+0.69 split into 2 VGCs 4 times till now at my nearest Kroger in the last 1.5-2 months. Today and the last time I was asked to provide my DL and she noted something (probably SSN on a register). I thought that happenned for higher dollar amounts + she probably wrote my SSN on a register. Is that reason to be worried about ID theft?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by venusaur5391
OK.So relatively new to Kroger MO's here. I have done a 999.31+0.69 split into 2 VGCs 4 times till now at my nearest Kroger in the last 1.5-2 months. Today and the last time I was asked to provide my DL and she noted something (probably SSN on a register). I thought that happenned for higher dollar amounts + she probably wrote my SSN on a register. Is that reason to be worried about ID theft?
That's pretty crazy that they asked for your info for 4K for 4 transactions in the course of a month.

I went to a location I didn't frequent earlier this year and tried to do $3K worth using 2 debit cards that were bank issued. The clerk asked for my SSN. I noped right out of there. You don't know who has access to those logs.

You don't explicitly state if she asked you for your SSN...Did you give it to her?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:39 pm

Originally Posted by littleconsumer
That's pretty crazy that they asked for your info for 4K for 4 transactions in the course of a month.

I went to a location I didn't frequent earlier this year and tried to do $3K worth using 2 debit cards that were bank issued. The clerk asked for my SSN. I noped right out of there. You don't know who has access to those logs.

You don't explicitly state if she asked you for your SSN...Did you give it to her?
Well the 4 MO purchases were well spread out. She told me "I need to see your DL" and then she took it from my hand as I held it out for her to see and noted something on a register. I presume it was my SSN. She also wrote something on a piece of paper after printing the MO. I had my DL back before she did this.
Old Sep 17, 2015, 8:41 pm

Programs: DL DM-1MM HH Diamond
Well the 4 MO purchases were well spread out. She told me "I need to see your DL" and then she took it from my hand as I held it out for her to see and noted something on a register. I presume it was my SSN. She also wrote something on a piece of paper after printing the MO. I had my DL back before she did this.
What state puts your SS# on your DL?
Old Sep 17, 2015, 10:23 pm

Originally Posted by 2B or back in coach
What state puts your SS# on your DL?
Not on my DL. Whenever I read cases of the DL being seen and something being recorded, I always thought they take the DL to look up your SSN for probable future incarceration purposes? NO? So they note just the DL#? To what end exactly? Do they like go through the register every now and then to do a MO spend count by DL#?
Old Sep 18, 2015, 2:27 am

Not on my DL. Whenever I read cases of the DL being seen and something being recorded, I always thought they take the DL to look up your SSN for probable future incarceration purposes? NO? So they note just the DL#? To what end exactly? Do they like go through the register every now and then to do a MO spend count by DL#?
Eh, it might go into a central database but I doubt it. The lady at the service desk won't know your social.

I needed to get a bunch of MS done at an out of state Kroger last year. I asked the guy how much he would let me buy assuming he could copy my DL info. He asked me how much I wanted to buy. I gave him a not so small # and he said OK. So he copied my info and we got to swiping.

I'm not really worried about copying my DL info. I'm not willing to part with my SSN so that it can go in a binder that is out for the world to see though.
Old Sep 18, 2015, 6:42 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by isriam
So my kroger gas station doesn't sell gift cards. They said they cannot even reload it. What is the trick? Just try more krogers?
I have only checked at one Kroger GS..they didn't sell or reload kroger GCs. I will have to check the others as I stop around town. It's YMMV at this point...certainly not guaranteed.
Old Oct 14, 2015, 10:09 pm

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Funny thing happened today: getting ready for the Redbird => Serve switch so have to switch from pharmacy to grocery store for my VGC purchases. Now went to one of our local Ralph's and see this huge sign (more like a 8x11 paper printed in the back-office) saying "CASH only for all Visa, Mastercard, American Express prepaid products". This store was always a hit or miss depending on the cashier.

So I took the purple VGC, went to my favorite cashier and he rings me up with my BCP without even blinking... Very strange but I was happy. Anybody else seeing Ralph's cracking down on CC purchases?
Old Oct 15, 2015, 12:11 am

Originally Posted by Julian Brennan
Funny thing happened today: getting ready for the Redbird => Serve switch so have to switch from pharmacy to grocery store for my VGC purchases. Now went to one of our local Ralph's and see this huge sign (more like a 8x11 paper printed in the back-office) saying "CASH only for all Visa, Mastercard, American Express prepaid products". This store was always a hit or miss depending on the cashier.

So I took the purple VGC, went to my favorite cashier and he rings me up with my BCP without even blinking... Very strange but I was happy. Anybody else seeing Ralph's cracking down on CC purchases?
was it a locally made sign or did it look like it was corporate?

btw, as i opined earlier this year, dominoes are starting to fall and i would not be surprised to see bb/serve fall as well. i'm sure you've noted same as i, the 'real' unbanked (the target audience for the product) load their everything with cash- they don't have bank accounts= they don't have debit cards. only ones with debit cards are us and drug dealers!

back on topic, c'mon kroger- you only run specials on gift cards when i'm out of the country- throw me a bone!
Old Oct 15, 2015, 8:49 am

Programs: Regal Crown Club
Originally Posted by uncommonsensical
was it a locally made sign or did it look like it was corporate?
"like a 8x11 paper printed in the back-office"

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.