FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   If you are not worried about staples.com banning you !! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1497667-if-you-not-worried-about-staples-com-banning-you.html)

rambo Aug 27, 2013 12:32 am

Ordered from chase UR mall with ink bold, let us see if they take this order and give 8x points.

carsnoceans Aug 27, 2013 12:47 am

Originally Posted by TAWS (Post 21341456)
I don't think they ban you from ink recycling or easy rebates, just from online ordering.

Second that but if 8x from UR mall is given for online orders, that would be very tempting.
Although given how stringent Staples is with handing easy rebates (such as $15 on MC card last month), I'd rather not try.

glynot Aug 27, 2013 1:49 am

Originally Posted by TAWS (Post 21341461)
This coupon is found on retailmenot. You can go there and it directs you to the same link.

you can also get the same coupon going through UR mall, there's a "Get $20 off your online order of $100 or more at Staples.com!" link which generates the same thing.

mooper Aug 27, 2013 4:51 am

Originally Posted by TAWS (Post 21341327)
They have been known to ban your home address for "coupon abuse." Changing your name/phone or using variations of your address won't help.

If you are going to risk multiple orders, you probably should use a different CC, billing address, phone, etc.

Slight variations will cause the system to see different people and it would require manual scrutiny to determine a dupe. Besides, this is what friends (and extra business addresses, credit cards, etc.) are for!

Remember, this is a coupon they are distributing widely. They're not going to view it as abuse if you order a GC using the promo, tell your friend about it and he does the same, etc.

Also, some people couldn't care less if they are "banned" from Staples. If "banned", easy to get around anyway.

Originally Posted by glynot (Post 21342357)
you can also get the same coupon going through UR mall, there's a "Get $20 off your online order of $100 or more at Staples.com!" link which generates the same thing.

Correct, and with the extra points earned, this is the way to go.

If you want multiple codes, use Chrome and Incognito.

jsocpa Aug 27, 2013 10:18 am

Used it for a Southwest GC. Just saw the confirmation email and I was charged sales tax. Tax did not appear when I placed order.

Alcibiades Aug 27, 2013 12:53 pm

Originally Posted by RFDMinnesota (Post 21341231)
Just tried, didn't work

I thought it did not work ?

kutnicks Aug 27, 2013 1:39 pm

Coupon works as of a minute ago. $100 VGC for $86.95. Order confirmation received.

We'll see if I get a shipment or a phone call.

I would think multiple orders would be considered abuse. One order is a staples system mistake and someone (me) not reading the coupon terms.

goober153 Aug 27, 2013 2:47 pm

In for 3, 85 cents for 2100 UR points not a bad deal. confirmation email received.

ashap Aug 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by rambo (Post 21342156)
Ordered from chase UR mall with ink bold, let us see if they take this order and give 8x points.

Same here! I put in 1, we'll see what happens :)

CMHFlyerOH Aug 27, 2013 2:58 pm

Originally Posted by goober153 (Post 21345941)
In for 3, 85 cents for 2100 UR points not a bad deal. confirmation email received.

Why would you incur 85c? Just about any way that I can think of liquidating these cards I still end up MAKING money, not losing it.

. . .or wait. . .you mean that you used one coupon for a purchase of three cards, duh. :p

pyrotalk Aug 27, 2013 3:42 pm

I am on the fence on this.. What if i pay with amex, visa or staples gc? no warranty protection like cc.. what do you think?

RFDMinnesota Aug 27, 2013 3:42 pm

Originally Posted by Alcibiades (Post 21345242)
I thought it did not work ?

It didnt at first. It said something like it had already been used. I would guess since I left it open on my computer for a whole before attempting to buy, it got used elsewhere

kenme1 Aug 27, 2013 3:46 pm

I used the code from RMN, worked for three, got e-mail confirmation. We'll see if they actually ship. If it does then I will be ordering more to my work addresses as we have three different ones.

CMHFlyerOH Aug 27, 2013 4:33 pm

Originally Posted by pyrotalk (Post 21346312)
I am on the fence on this.. What if i pay with amex, visa or staples gc? no warranty protection like cc.. what do you think?

Dude, it's free money...and you get points. Get off the fence. :)

MrHalliday Aug 27, 2013 4:43 pm

Looks like it took my AX for $86.95 OK,
confirming e-mail arrived instantly.