FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Any way to locate Walmarts with BlueBird kiosks? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1464486-any-way-locate-walmarts-bluebird-kiosks.html)

j-rad May 5, 2013 5:25 pm

Any way to locate Walmarts with BlueBird kiosks?

I'm trying to find a Walmart with a ATM/kiosk to load my bluebird card, but I've checked three so far with no luck. Is there a locator online or does anyone know of any in CT?

gloreglabert May 5, 2013 5:43 pm

MoneyPass ATM locator

Enter 'walmart' in the ATM location field, then enter your zip. It will give you a list of Walmarts with the Moneycenter Express machines.

Jerfer May 5, 2013 5:51 pm

Originally Posted by gloreglabert (Post 20702760)
MoneyPass ATM locator

Enter 'walmart' in the ATM location field, then enter your zip. It will give you a list of Walmarts with the Moneycenter Express machines.

Freaking sweet .... For me it shows my university and some gas stations. If I can load BB at those places instead of WM it's going to be great. I just hope it does and it's not limited to WMs.

gloreglabert May 5, 2013 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Jerfer (Post 20702789)
Freaking sweet .... For me it shows my university and some gas stations. If I can load BB at those places instead of WM it's going to be great. I just hope it does and it's not limited to WMs.

No, it's just going to be WM -- that page is just searching for MoneyPass machines, which MoneyCenter Express machines happen to be. The majority of results it returns (well, everything except Walmart) are just regular MoneyPass ATMs and won't help you.

starflyer May 5, 2013 6:03 pm

Originally Posted by Jerfer (Post 20702789)

What makes you think you can load a BB at a non-Walmart location???

Jerfer May 5, 2013 6:14 pm

I figured since someone linked to a MoneyPass locator and the kiosks at Walmart are MoneyPass kiosks it crossed my mind. It makes more sense to link to the MoneyPass locator instead of the Walmart store locator. Got happy a little too fast and it was a long day at work.

azcoyote May 5, 2013 6:19 pm

MoneyPass ATM locator

YES! Very nice. Thanks so much!

maijojacob May 5, 2013 6:43 pm

MoneyPass ATM locator

Thank you so much. You ae a life saver.

DCAcubsfan May 5, 2013 7:15 pm

MoneyPass ATM locator

Thank you very much, very handy!

vinyalwhl May 6, 2013 4:55 am

Originally Posted by DCAcubsfan (Post 20703073)
Thank you very much, very handy!

Hope you have better luck with yours, the ones in my area are malfunctioning 75% of the time.

Daniel on the way May 6, 2013 12:14 pm

MoneyPass ATM locator

thanks

rajin May 6, 2013 1:02 pm

Thanks for this.

TheBOSman May 6, 2013 3:58 pm

MoneyPass ATM locator

Thanks, good call. I do note that it claims one close to me has a Moneypass ATM, but I know for a fact that the store does not have one of the Moneycenter Express machines. It does also list an incorrect address for the store, so perhaps they changed buildings and didn't carry the Moneycenter Express machine over into the new store.

Montacute May 6, 2013 8:46 pm

Now if we could just find an online locator to tell us which wm kiosks are out of order!

rymetymeuk May 7, 2013 6:04 am

thanks a lot for this, I was trying to find this info this week to no avail! ^:)

blt7cd May 7, 2013 6:31 am

MoneyPass ATM locator

Also wanted to give you a big 'thank you'! I was looking for info on this last week as I'm just getting into the prepaid visa/bb spend.

missbeana May 7, 2013 7:18 am

Originally Posted by Montacute (Post 20709197)
Now if we could just find an online locator to tell us which wm kiosks are out of order!

I have 4 wm close by. 2 in either direction. I have never found 1 kiosk that was working. :rolleyes:

jatink129 May 7, 2013 11:19 pm

Unbelievable. I hope they role out more of these.
The closest one to me is 45 miles away. :(

Montacute May 8, 2013 8:53 am

Originally Posted by missbeana (Post 20710882)
I have 4 wm close by. 2 in either direction. I have never found 1 kiosk that was working. :rolleyes:

Ha! I thought I was unlucky finding 3 out of 4 machines I tried not working!

KYBOSH May 30, 2013 9:25 am

Question... The one we are looking for is the one with the MONEYPASS logo on it right?
And not just any Walmart ATM?

If so, for some strange reason there seems to be only ONE in all of Metro Atlanta (the WM closest to the Airport) and that CANT BE RIGHT...

Superorb Jul 3, 2013 4:36 pm

Another thanks here. I was wasting so much time driving to Walmarts just to find out none of them have the ATM except 1 store. And Denver is a HUGE city!

Now we just need to find a way to do a single $1,000 load with several split tenders since I've still got a stack of OM $100 Visa GCs. Otherwise it takes me 10-15mins with 10 transactions.

Nelumbo Jul 4, 2013 1:34 pm

Thanks OP.
This method identified Walmart Supercenter in Tewksbury MA with a kiosk. However, there was none when I stopped by last weekend. I reloaded my GB with 2 $500 visa gift cards at a regular register. Then I went to the moneycenter to request to reload my GB with multiple $100 visa cards and a manager said that I could not use them because they were gift cards instead of debit cards. I didn't feel like to waste time for further "discussion" and she said there is no kiosk in the store. I thanked her and leave. Soon she came after me and turned off the light above every single register I stopped by. In fact I didn't try to reload after stopping by the moneycenter but bought something really cheap and took cashback of $100 from GB.

May I ask if anyone knows a walmart store with kiosk in greater Boston area? PM welcome. Thanks!

Szamboti Sep 5, 2013 8:11 am

Walmart Kiosk locations

Seems like most walmarts I go into do NOT have the kiosks. Is there a way to locate where the kiosks are? If not, maybe we could start a wiki that shows where to find the kiosks?

If there is interest in this, I could start with what I have located in south florida.

heyeaglefn Sep 5, 2013 8:17 am

Did you check the bluebird thread, because it is in there at least 5 times.

heyeaglefn Sep 5, 2013 8:20 am

http://www.moneypass.com/atm-locator.aspx

Szamboti Sep 5, 2013 8:30 am

awesome thanks!

JWEMTX Sep 5, 2013 8:39 am

Now if they would only make a "functioning" money pass kiosk locator...

FlyingCOS Sep 5, 2013 9:56 am

Now that would be an awesome idea with real time updates. As soon as one came back online there would be a line of us waiting to use it.

Originally Posted by JWEMTX (Post 21393128)

SexyTurtle Sep 5, 2013 11:01 am

Originally Posted by JWEMTX (Post 21393128)

There are two Walmarts in my area with kiosks. The one in the ghetto? Always broken. The one in the nice part of town? Always working (knock on wood). Makes my choice very easy.

flyertalkingallday Sep 5, 2013 12:22 pm

Originally Posted by SexyTurtle (Post 21393782)
There are two Walmarts in my area with kiosks. The one in the ghetto? Always broken. The one in the nice part of town? Always working (knock on wood). Makes my choice very easy.

I'd say that is the case in my area as well, except that the one in the nicer neighborhood doesn't have a kiosk. :td:

MarkMColo Sep 5, 2013 12:39 pm

Originally Posted by SexyTurtle (Post 21393782)

Originally Posted by flyertalkingallday (Post 21394228)
I'd say that is the case in my area as well, except that the one in the nicer neighborhood doesn't have a kiosk. :td:

Yes, I can see how these are two very similar situations! ;)

cbn42 Oct 23, 2013 11:19 pm

I had success just calling the store.

"Hi, do you have a Bluebird kiosk?"

"Yes."

"Is it working right now?"

"Let me check."

(pause)

"Yes."

"Thank you."

ylin Nov 8, 2013 6:00 am

Originally Posted by cbn42 (Post 21659356)
I had success just calling the store.

"Hi, do you have a Bluebird kiosk?"

"Yes."

"Is it working right now?"

"Let me check."

(pause)

"Yes."

"Thank you."

Which department did you ask for? Last time I called I got transferred and put on hold so many time I finally just give up.

TOMFORD Nov 8, 2013 7:09 am

Originally Posted by j-rad (Post 20702703)
I'm trying to find a Walmart with a ATM/kiosk to load my bluebird card, but I've checked three so far with no luck. Is there a locator online or does anyone know of any in CT?

You can always call and ask.

cbn42 Nov 8, 2013 4:48 pm

Originally Posted by ylin (Post 21749239)
Which department did you ask for? Last time I called I got transferred and put on hold so many time I finally just give up.

I didn't ask for any department... the person who answered the phone gave me the information I needed. I have only done this once, so maybe I just got lucky.

ramamosn Dec 9, 2013 12:41 pm

MoneyPass

Have anyone tried loading into BB on any MoneyPass ATM other than the one located on Walmart. I see lot of MoneyPass ATM near my area but not on the Walmart.
Thanks.

iflyjetz Dec 9, 2013 12:45 pm

Originally Posted by ylin (Post 21749239)

Call during nonpeak hours (like the middle of the night). That's what I did.

Originally Posted by ramamosn (Post 21933216)
Have anyone tried loading into BB on any MoneyPass ATM other than the one located on Walmart. I see lot of MoneyPass ATM near my area but not on the Walmart.
Thanks.

Won't work. It's been mentioned before on the megathread (>200 pages). You have to use a WM MoneyCenter kiosk.

mrstraveler Feb 5, 2014 12:11 pm

Thanks for sharing.

jan_believes Feb 5, 2014 3:09 pm

Originally Posted by Superorb (Post 21036456)
Another thanks here. I was wasting so much time driving to Walmarts just to find out none of them have the ATM except 1 store. And Denver is a HUGE city!

Now we just need to find a way to do a single $1,000 load with several split tenders since I've still got a stack of OM $100 Visa GCs. Otherwise it takes me 10-15mins with 10 transactions.

======================
I'd buy one large money order for $999.xx at my grocer and put that one in the bank. JMO.

ericdabbs Apr 3, 2014 12:58 pm

They definitely need to add those MoneyCenter Express kiosks at every Walmart. It makes absolutely no sense to not have them.