FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Any way to locate Walmarts with BlueBird kiosks? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1464486-any-way-locate-walmarts-bluebird-kiosks.html)

cajunguy Oct 16, 2015 8:36 pm

What's a "Money Center Express"? Is that a KATE?

Mamibear Oct 17, 2015 7:06 am

Originally Posted by cajunguy (Post 25576415)
What's a "Money Center Express"? Is that a KATE?

yes, that's what WM calls it.

silver6054 Oct 17, 2015 7:12 am

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 25577496)
yes, that's what WM calls it.

I wonder why they use such a strange name instead of "Kate"!

Newgene Oct 17, 2015 8:03 am

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 25577510)

To confuse the store manager. Otherwise, he would immediately have it removed or permanently disabled.

cruisr Oct 17, 2015 5:22 pm

Originally Posted by silver6054 (Post 25577510)

Because they are not MSers

K iosk
A t
T he
E ntrance

alvinroast Oct 18, 2015 6:17 pm

Originally Posted by nova08 (Post 23308997)
I haven't seen anyone post this link

http://www.walmart.com/c/store/search/MoneyCenter

Just do a search and look if each result has a "Walmart Money Center Express"

Thank you. That's what I needed.:cool:

jmw Oct 18, 2015 6:23 pm

I wish you lots of luck and hope you have plenty of gas and time to waste.

The list is not accurate in places where Kate have been removed or is in a permanent out-of-order state. You can try the money center cashiers, but they might be trained to look for gift cards - and none of your jedi mind tricks like switching cards will work.

Timothyy7 Oct 19, 2015 12:11 am

So instead of going to WM, i can find the closest MoneyPass kiosks and load all my VGC's to my one VIP?

Mamibear Oct 19, 2015 5:37 am

Originally Posted by Timothyy7 (Post 25584017)
So instead of going to WM, i can find the closest MoneyPass kiosks and load all my VGC's to my one VIP?

NO, Kate is EXCLUSIVE to WM. You will not find the buttons (menu choices) you see on Kate at other MP.

Timothyy7 Oct 19, 2015 7:18 pm

Originally Posted by Mamibear (Post 25584734)
NO, Kate is EXCLUSIVE to WM. You will not find the buttons (menu choices) you see on Kate at other MP.

okay got it. WM is very inconvenient in NY, so i would make WM my last choice of loading funds. I can load at other retailers than such as CVS, 7-11 & family dollar.

Are there specific gift cards you guys stick to for American Express one VIP? because i see that vanilla brands are giving hard time to load onto it.

dingo Oct 19, 2015 7:39 pm

Originally Posted by Timothyy7 (Post 25588284)
okay got it. WM is very inconvenient in NY, so i would make WM my last choice of loading funds. I can load at other retailers than such as CVS, 7-11 & family dollar.

Are there specific gift cards you guys stick to for American Express one VIP? because i see that vanilla brands are giving hard time to load onto it.

Tim, you're obviously new to this so tell you what. I'll come pick you up and personally buy all of the gift cards for you, take you into a Walmart, and load them onto your card. Someone doing this for you is obviously the only way to learn about all of this...unless you want to take a little time and read some of the threads in this forum that is but I know that is more difficult than asking for dribs and drabs of sub-ms-101 information here. just let me know what time works for you, what kind of playlist I should put together for the drive, and what kind of soft drink you might like to enjoy while I'm doing all the work for you at the Kate. Thanks.

PenneyPincher Oct 19, 2015 7:49 pm

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 25588372)
Tim, you're obviously new to this so tell you what. I'll come pick you up and personally buy all of the gift cards for you, take you into a Walmart, and load them onto your card. Someone doing this for you is obviously the only way to learn about all of this...unless you want to take a little time and read some of the threads in this forum that is but I know that is more difficult than asking for dribs and drabs of sub-ms-101 information here. just let me know what time works for you, what kind of playlist I should put together for the drive, and what kind of soft drink you might like to enjoy while I'm doing all the work for you at the Kate. Thanks.

I dunno if I should thank you for the laugh, or smack you for making me back-snort beer out my nose! Hubs had a good laugh at the beer snorting, so he'll probably vote NO to the smacking... so TY! LOL

dingo Oct 19, 2015 7:59 pm

Originally Posted by PenneyPincher (Post 25588402)
I dunno if I should thank you for the laugh, or smack you for making me back-snort beer out my nose! Hubs had a good laugh at the beer snorting, so he'll probably vote NO to the smacking... so TY! LOL

Well Penny Pitcher, you're obviously not up to drinking beer like a pro. After Tim and I get done at Walmart, he and I will drop by and take the rest of the beer off your hands to prevent any harm from coming to you. I don't know what kind it is, but I'll bet it is far superior to what Walmart stocks on the end caps in the 144 pack boxes. Please:

1. Set the glass/bottle/can down on the table/counter/floor (if you've already had several).
2. Ever so slowly, slide the glass/bottle/can away from you. Make sure that you push it towards the bottom so as not to topple it over, and make sure that you do not push it beyond the far boundary of the table/counter/floor...it will tip over.
3. Retrieve all unopened bottles/cans/growlers.
4. Place them outside your door.
5. Place a note next to them prominently stating: To Dingo and Tim, enjoy your journey.

Timothyy7 Oct 19, 2015 8:13 pm

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 25588372)

im glad you noticed! would you really do that for me? so kind of you. please come around 8pm. as for the playlist, i dont mind anything but country music. for soft drinks, maybe a can of sprite will do. please & thanks!

PenneyPincher Oct 19, 2015 8:15 pm

Originally Posted by dingo (Post 25588445)
Well Penny Pitcher, you're obviously not up to drinking beer like a pro. After Tim and I get done at Walmart, he and I will drop by and take the rest of the beer off your hands to prevent any harm from coming to you. I don't know what kind it is, but I'll bet it is far superior to what Walmart stocks on the end caps in the 144 pack boxes. Please:

1. Set the glass/bottle/can down on the table/counter/floor (if you've already had several).
2. Ever so slowly, slide the glass/bottle/can away from you. Make sure that you push it towards the bottom so as not to topple it over, and make sure that you do not push it beyond the far boundary of the table/counter/floor...it will tip over.
3. Retrieve all unopened bottles/cans/growlers.
4. Place them outside your door.
5. Place a note next to them prominently stating: To Dingo and Tim, enjoy your journey.

I piNch, I don't pitch! LOL
come on over... the dogs are hungry and they run fast! It's a long way from the gate to the door, so I hope you're in shape... then again, I like to see my dogs catch prey and eat!