FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1428935-gobank-greendot-online-banking-debit-card.html)

DaveInLA May 29, 2013 3:38 pm

Originally Posted by BenH (Post 20832183)
You can't load with Moneypaks anymore.

What would happen if I go to the moneypak.com website and tried to load the funds onto the GoBank debit card number?

Wonko May 29, 2013 4:02 pm

Originally Posted by DaveInLA (Post 20832219)
What would happen if I go to the moneypak.com website and tried to load the funds onto the GoBank debit card number?

It worked for me yesterday.

BenH May 29, 2013 4:17 pm

Originally Posted by Wonko (Post 20832348)
It worked for me yesterday.

I have not verified it myself...just know that people have stated they are no longer accepting them after initial deposit.. If you type your GoBank card # into the moneypak site it still shows it as a valid card in-network and allows you to enter in a moneypak pin.

GoBank has removed almost all advertising about loading via MoneyPak from their page though...I see nothing left about them re-reimbursing you for first load. Everything with them is in transition right now...I can't believe that it is YMMV with Moneypaks though...so if some people are verifying them as working I suspect they work...likely though the moneypak site.

There are some negative connotations with Moneypak in some regards so I suspect they may be trying to distance the GoBank name from Moneypak as I know they are also about to roll out a new routing # that is unique for GoBank.

arsenalman May 29, 2013 4:31 pm

So about a week or so ago i used my debit card to fund gobank. Still waiting on the card to arrive. Now when i go to funding i see this -

"Deposit cash for free!

Take your GoBank debit card and cash to any participating Walmart offering Rapid Reload. The Cashier will take your cash, then swipe your GoBank debit card to deposit the money into your account immediately.

There are more than 3,900 Walmart locations with Rapid Reload nationwide (not available in VT or WY).
There's no charge for this, and the money will be available instantly.
We allow between $20 (minimum) and $1,100 (maximum) per transaction.
The maximum you can deposit in one day is $2,500."

Does this mean the only way to fund is using cash?

cashback May 29, 2013 4:44 pm

Just loaded 2 MoneyPaks

TheDapperDon May 29, 2013 5:37 pm

Originally Posted by arsenalman (Post 20832526)
So about a week or so ago i used my debit card to fund gobank. Still waiting on the card to arrive. Now when i go to funding i see this -

"Deposit cash for free!

Take your GoBank debit card and cash to any participating Walmart offering Rapid Reload. The Cashier will take your cash, then swipe your GoBank debit card to deposit the money into your account immediately.

There are more than 3,900 Walmart locations with Rapid Reload nationwide (not available in VT or WY).
There's no charge for this, and the money will be available instantly.
We allow between $20 (minimum) and $1,100 (maximum) per transaction.
The maximum you can deposit in one day is $2,500."

Does this mean the only way to fund is using cash?

I thought folks mentioned using GCs. I think the kiosk works too.

arsenalman May 29, 2013 5:39 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon (Post 20832831)
I thought folks mentioned using GCs. I think the kiosk works too.

but nothing online right?

TheDapperDon May 29, 2013 5:41 pm

Originally Posted by arsenalman (Post 20832833)
but nothing online right?

That's what I've been reading. I've been trying to stay on top of this thread so I can jump right in once I get access.

smitty06 May 29, 2013 6:12 pm

How long does it take to receive the card? I signed up one week ago.

arsenalman May 29, 2013 6:55 pm

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon (Post 20832835)
That's what I've been reading. I've been trying to stay on top of this thread so I can jump right in once I get access.

thanks. Thats my plan as well.

Nishant1 May 29, 2013 7:00 pm

Do not wait for GoBank invite for ever.

Keep trying to register after every few days. You may get a message to be Patient. However, on subsequent attempts but it will let you in to create an account.

I could do on third attempt in total two weeks time because I was not too curious to create account. This is one of the many bank accounts I have.

groundhog May 29, 2013 7:12 pm

What amount per month is safe to load to GoBank via debit cards and unload via bill pay?

arsenalman May 29, 2013 7:27 pm

Originally Posted by Nishant1 (Post 20833116)

Keep trying to register after every few days. You may get a message to be Patient. However, on subsequent attempts but it will let you in to create an account.

I could do on third attempt in total two weeks time because I was not too curious to create account. This is one of the many bank accounts I have.

I have an account. I am just waiting until i can unload like a Chase GC on gobank

grad10 May 29, 2013 10:13 pm

Originally Posted by Nishant1 (Post 20833116)

In addition, please check your SPAM if you have given your gmail ID. My invite was in the SPAM folder

sgideons May 29, 2013 10:49 pm

Originally Posted by groundhog (Post 20833162)
What amount per month is safe to load to GoBank via debit cards and unload via bill pay?

I have not seen a single report of any shutdowns/warnings for this behavior with Gobank (as opposed to the many other green dot products). I do many, many thousands per month, primarily through ACH pulls out of the account.