FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   Gobank by Greendot - online banking with debit card (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1428935-gobank-greendot-online-banking-debit-card.html)

Artemk May 17, 2013 9:26 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor! (Post 20769217)
Do you think it's the amount of transactions or the amount being loaded in multiple transactions? I know I did 5 kiosk transactions in a short time frame. (Each load was $50) I just can't remember how many I did in a row without a pause. I paused due to the balances not showing correctly, so I can't remember the exact sequence.

I am pretty sure it's the amount. I loaded 2 $500 GCs onto BB at kiosk today. Paused for about 3-4 minuts, then when I tried to load $1,000 onto Green Dot - I got 'call for manager' message. I had this happen to me once before - also at $2,000 mark.

No charge to load at Walmart. You can use either the kiosk or the money center. Your choice.
Thanks. It looks like since I have regular prepaid card, not the bank account - it wants to charge me.

Artemk May 17, 2013 9:29 pm

Originally Posted by Artemk (Post 20767384)
An hour later went to Money Center - load $996.26, charged me $3.74 fee. Total due - $1,000. Asked cashier to charge $500 first, swiped the first card - enter PIN, approved. Total due - $500. Swiped the second card - enter PIN, flashes 'approved' for a second, spits out a small 'debit not approved call authorizer' receipt.

Do you guys think these problems could be due to the fact that this is my first load? Should I try to do it with GD money pack?

bensim May 17, 2013 10:30 pm

Originally Posted by Corridor! (Post 20764140)
I was able to load today at Walmart. I also spoke with them and they said that they will still allow debit loads after May 30th at Walmart. Obviously we can no longer do it online.

If enough people call up Gobank to request for debit loads online to be reinstated, they may change their minds.

steventravel May 17, 2013 11:57 pm

Originally Posted by bensim (Post 20769787)
If enough people call up Gobank to request for debit loads online to be reinstated, they may change their minds.

Highly doubt it

myndreamland May 18, 2013 8:38 pm

Finally got my account opened after less than 2 days wait. The big question is whether GoBank will allow ACH pulls from, say a BoA account. I think I read somewhere that it is possible but I haven't tried yet for fear of an NSF fee. Has anyone actually tried this? Do you think this will raise the risk of getting shut down by GoBank?

sgideons May 18, 2013 11:38 pm

Haven't tried from BoA, but Gobank allows ACH pulls from Chase/Citi/Barclays/US Bank so i'd say your chances are excellent.

vagrants May 19, 2013 5:36 am

Originally Posted by sgideons (Post 20774178)
Haven't tried from BoA, but Gobank allows ACH pulls from Chase/Citi/Barclays/US Bank so i'd say your chances are excellent.

How did you link Chase? I wasn't able to. And, I know another person who is reliable couldn't link.

sgideons May 19, 2013 9:36 am

Originally Posted by vagrants (Post 20774918)

Originally Posted by sgideons (Post 20774178)

How did you link Chase? I wasn't able to. And, I know another person who is reliable couldn't link.

My mistake, I didn't realize you meant an ACH pull to a checking account, I haven't tried that, I do ACH pulls to pay off my credit cards.

I do believe it will work, though, using whatever Chase's equivalent of Bank of America's "outside the bank transfer" is, although I don't know if Chase's is also free. Or you could hack together something with Chase KwikPay.

karenfly May 19, 2013 6:50 pm

I just deposited $200 to my gobank account using debit card. So deposit online using debit card is still working.

bensim May 19, 2013 9:20 pm

Originally Posted by karenfly (Post 20777952)
I just deposited $200 to my gobank account using debit card. So deposit online using debit card is still working.

Was this your first deposit? If yes, then this is apparently allowed. After this, this option may not be available. Check again and see how it goes.

karenfly May 20, 2013 7:52 am

No, I deposited 5*$200 last month. it was over 30 days since my last debit deposit, so I deposited $200 yesterday. The option is still available for me.

Originally Posted by bensim (Post 20778572)
Was this your first deposit? If yes, then this is apparently allowed. After this, this option may not be available. Check again and see how it goes.

therabbit May 21, 2013 5:26 pm

mms just posted today

sgideons May 21, 2013 10:09 pm

Originally Posted by therabbit (Post 20789746)
mms just posted today

What can I say, imitation is the sincerest form of flattery.

http://freequentflyerbook.com/?tag=gobank

lad2 May 21, 2013 10:42 pm

It's one thing to repost info from other sources. But it's crossing the line when he's passing it as his own.

TKKY May 22, 2013 7:22 pm

Returned Payments

I would watch out with ACH pulls. I've had GoBank return several w/ no explanation why and my bank charges $25 for each one.