FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Manufactured Spending (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending-719/)
-   -   AmEx for Target: $400/week credit card ATM withdrawals for 1.3%+ in certain cities (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/manufactured-spending/1242493-amex-target-400-week-credit-card-atm-withdrawals-1-3-certain-cities.html)

f0xx Jun 22, 2014 9:30 pm

"I can steal some for you, pm me if you like"

Haleyb Jun 22, 2014 9:52 pm

Hey, I have an idea, let's see how fast we can kill this by mailing unactivated cards we steal from one location so they can be activated in another.

I mean, it's not like Target is sensitive to possible fraud these days or anything. I'm sure cards getting activated in stores that show zero inventory is peachy keen.

ntr91 Jun 22, 2014 11:17 pm

Originally Posted by Haleyb (Post 23079686)
Hey, I have an idea, let's see how fast we can kill this by mailing unactivated cards we steal from one location so they can be activated in another.

I mean, it's not like Target is sensitive to possible fraud these days or anything. I'm sure cards getting activated in stores that show zero inventory is peachy keen.

We already have a member here who's doing just that. I'm really tempted to order a card from him under an alt-ID and report him to Target Loss Prevention.

babehwa Jun 22, 2014 11:25 pm

Originally Posted by ntr91 (Post 23079917)

Originally Posted by Haleyb (Post 23079686)

We already have a member here who's doing just that. I'm really tempted to order a card from him under an alt-ID and report him to Target Loss Prevention.

+1.

That is just not cool for the **1 member to do that. More like a theft than help. Oh wait. It IS indeed a theft!

agharaibeh Jun 22, 2014 11:54 pm

Just got my AFT. The title states $400 ATM withdrawals per week. Reading these posts, looks like you can with daily? Is the title incorrect?

Fuerza Jun 23, 2014 6:55 am

Originally Posted by agharaibeh (Post 23080007)
Just got my AFT. The title states $400 ATM withdrawals per week. Reading these posts, looks like you can with daily? Is the title incorrect?

It's all in the wiki.... Please ready it. There aren't any secrets to this card that haven't been uncovered.

And also you guys should delete these post about moving these cards around. That's just bad business all around.

TravelingRabbit Jun 23, 2014 3:12 pm

avg fees

Here are a breakdown of costs (using a $3 load fee, $3 AMEX withdraw fee after 1st withdrawl, and $1.50 ATM company fee):
  • $1K w/ 1 AFT = $11.25 or 1.13% Fees
  • $2K w/ 1 AFT = $25.50 or 1.28% Fees
  • $2K w/ 2 AFT = $22.50 or 1.13% Fees
  • $3K w/ 2 AFT = $36.75 or 1.23% Fees
  • $4K w/ 2 AFT = $51.00 or 1.28% Fees
  • $5K w/ 2 AFT = $65.25 or 1.31% Fees

It's obviously great to meeting spend towards sign up bonuses, but if you're getting 1 point per dollar on spend, it probably isn't worth it.

Fuerza Jun 23, 2014 6:00 pm

Originally Posted by Fuerza (Post 23077347)
I did, card #2 shipped last Monday. Hopefully it will be here tomorrow.

Still no card #2 I bit the bullet and drained the temp card. Now I need to luquidate card #1 and sock drawer these. I should have bought 2 cards from the beginning. :(

TheDapperDon Jun 23, 2014 9:20 pm

With the Walmart fiasco that's going on, I'm delighted that I picked up another AFT while I was traveling.

Also, I would also turn in the person that is mailing cards. This is a deal that can stay around for a long time.

tgere Jun 24, 2014 1:42 am

Originally Posted by TheDapperDon (Post 23085401)
With the Walmart fiasco that's going on, I'm delighted that I picked up another AFT while I was traveling.

Also, I would also turn in the person that is mailing cards. This is a deal that can stay around for a long time.

Completely agree. I have easy access to fee free ATM and not problems buying AGC's through portals. Portal rebates cover all costs in MS, and get free points from my CC. I see this as being around for a while, since it takes some "work" to make keep the costs low. A lot of people aren't willing to do it.

tgere Jun 24, 2014 1:51 am

Originally Posted by Domat (Post 23079417)
I usually hate people who say things like I am about to but..

Seriously you can't even bother to read the last page of the thread?

Wait there is another....send you card along with your PIN to a friendly FT'er. You'll be rid of the funds in no time.

Note: I'm not advocating the stealing of cards to be mailed to another person for activation. This would require the registered card own to mail his/her own personal card.

payeco Jun 24, 2014 1:59 am

Originally Posted by tgere (Post 23086164)
Completely agree. I have easy access to fee free ATM and not problems buying AGC's through portals. Portal rebates cover all costs in MS, and get free points from my CC. I see this as being around for a while, since it takes some "work" to make keep the costs low. A lot of people aren't willing to do it.

+1

The 3 or 4 steps to cash out plus fees plus the long float time for the CB hopefully should keep this around for a while.

Tuppins Jun 24, 2014 6:46 am

Originally Posted by TravelingRabbit (Post 23083783)
Here are a breakdown of costs (using a $3 load fee, $3 AMEX withdraw fee after 1st withdrawl, and $1.50 ATM company fee):
  • $1K w/ 1 AFT = $11.25 or 1.13% Fees
  • $2K w/ 1 AFT = $25.50 or 1.28% Fees
  • $2K w/ 2 AFT = $22.50 or 1.13% Fees
  • $3K w/ 2 AFT = $36.75 or 1.23% Fees
  • $4K w/ 2 AFT = $51.00 or 1.28% Fees
  • $5K w/ 2 AFT = $65.25 or 1.31% Fees

It's obviously great to meeting spend towards sign up bonuses, but if you're getting 1 point per dollar on spend, it probably isn't worth it.

Oh look, another post telling us that the fees are too high, and AFT doesn't make sense as an MS play. We can all do our own math, thanks. :rolleyes:

thoughts1053 Jun 24, 2014 7:26 am

Is the free ATM withdrawal per month per card or per account? So if I have 2 cards, do I get one free withdrawal for each card or 1 between the two?

Thanks.

kjgco Jun 24, 2014 7:29 am

Originally Posted by thoughts1053 (Post 23087081)
Is the free ATM withdrawal per month per card or per account? So if I have 2 cards, do I get one free withdrawal for each card or 1 between the two?

Thanks.

From the wiki:
First ATM w/d per month per card is free, based on 1st of the month (not rolling)+ any ATM owner fee.