Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

MH credit voucher only useable through call-centre at much higher price than online

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MH credit voucher only useable through call-centre at much higher price than online

Search this Thread

Old Mar 12, 2020, 7:44 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA GGL, Gold for Life

Malaysian have just cancelled 2 flights on a 4 sector ticket, and the suggested alternatives are not appropriate, as they would mean missed meetings/connections. I was told that the ticket could not be refunded despite them changing 2 of the sectors by more than 3 hours, but I could get a credit voucher.

On looking into this further it seems that the credit voucher would not be valid for one year from the date of the first sector, but for one year from when I bought the ticket (which was around 6 months ago); the really bad thing however was that they said I could only use the credit voucher on a booking made through a call centre.

When I asked if call centre bookings would be at the same price as online bookings I was given a vague response along the lines of 'that will depend on availability at the time' So I gave the guy dates in October for him to check the call-centre price, while quickly looking up the online price for those dates. He quoted THB35,000 for a booking through the call centre, whereas the online price is just over THB25,000. This seems outrageous to me; has anyone else had this experience, and is there anything I can do?
Old Mar 13, 2020, 10:25 pm

Similar experience. Call center claims they only have access to higher fare classes. When I asked about using it to upgrade to the next cabin, same thing: they don’t have access to the I or Z fares. And you will be charged for a call center booking too.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 9:04 am

Utterly stupid and grossly unfair. Call this out publicly on the MH Facebook page.
nivsy likes this.
Old Mar 14, 2020, 12:33 pm

Programs: Elite Diamond Purple Dot Gold Silver Titanium for life
I have had similar experiences with MH. The contact centre appears to only have access to the highest booking class fares.

In my opinion, that is a lawsuit waiting to happen and I genuinely hope that someone does go after them.

It's a scam.
nivsy likes this.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 3:20 pm

Programs: BA Gold, Priority Club Gold, Accor Silver, Virgin Australia Gold
I have yet to contact MH on cancelling x4 business class flights. If they prove troublesome it simple. No more flights with MH and alternative carriers sourced. If we all do that the airline will be finished. It's their choice.
Old Mar 26, 2020, 6:33 pm

Programs: Enrich
Just called to cancel my other ticket, based on my experience, you should call again to get the Malaysia's agent instead of oversea agent. The Malaysia agent is more flexible while the UK agent that I got today insist I could not get credit voucher because I'm travelling to Malaysia with Malaysian passport... the last few Malaysian agent just issue me credit voucher without any question
Old Mar 31, 2020, 8:39 pm

Just called into Enrich Gold hotline to cancel a few regional tickets. Call was picked up rather swiftly. The flights were mostly one way repositioning flights on Q/O/V. The line quality was so bad that i couldn't make out half of what the lady was saying.

My given options were that i could keep the tickets open until 30th June 2020, whereby i have to make a decision to travel on a date before 31st December 2020. Alternatively, i could cancel and she would send my request for refund to the finance department. I am not even sure she quoted me correctly as some of the refund figures were too high for a Q/O fare. But anyway let's wait and see how it goes, not going to worry incessantly over that right now.
Old Mar 31, 2020, 10:18 pm

Originally Posted by cyktai
Just called into Enrich Gold hotline to cancel a few regional tickets. Call was picked up rather swiftly. The flights were mostly one way repositioning flights on Q/O/V. The line quality was so bad that i couldn't make out half of what the lady was saying.

My given options were that i could keep the tickets open until 30th June 2020, whereby i have to make a decision to travel on a date before 31st December 2020. Alternatively, i could cancel and she would send my request for refund to the finance department. I am not even sure she quoted me correctly as some of the refund figures were too high for a Q/O fare. But anyway let's wait and see how it goes, not going to worry incessantly over that right now.
I believe you are connected to the out station call center, which is VOIP. The call quality of these outstation call center really bad... I got this too last week and I missed the malaysia based call center and their agent

The refund process is surprisingly fast as compare to SQ. I request the call center for full refund due to flight cancellation during last friday, receive the confirmation in Saturday, received the refund in Tuesday.

Last edited by dici; Mar 31, 2020 at 10:29 pm
Old Apr 1, 2020, 12:49 am

Originally Posted by dici
I believe you are connected to the out station call center, which is VOIP. The call quality of these outstation call center really bad... I got this too last week and I missed the malaysia based call center and their agent

The refund process is surprisingly fast as compare to SQ. I request the call center for full refund due to flight cancellation during last friday, receive the confirmation in Saturday, received the refund in Tuesday.
Do you mind sharing the fare class you booked under? So full refund no questions asked as long as flight cancelled?

The first call was really bad quality, so i called back again. Second one was better, and the lady spoke with a tinge of malay accent, couldn't be totally sure it's a local call centre though. But then again, every airline is taking a hit right now, so i am not too uptight if i don't get a very positive outcome. Just wait and see how the refund goes.
Old Apr 1, 2020, 2:36 am

Mine is S/N/V/Q under Economy Class. And yes, as long as flight cancelled or you are rebook into a flight that is more than 3 hours difference than the original one, you can have a full refund.
Old Apr 5, 2020, 3:47 am

Originally Posted by dici
Mine is S/N/V/Q under Economy Class. And yes, as long as flight cancelled or you are rebook into a flight that is more than 3 hours difference than the original one, you can have a full refund.
Thank you for sharing. Just a little update. I made the call on 1st April and the refunds were posted on 2nd April, and they are full refunds. CX refunded me in a little over a week and i thought that was fast, so i was quite surprised MH refunded that promptly. And apologies to everyone reading this in this thread, i should have posted it under a more appropriately named thread instead.
Old Apr 7, 2020, 5:48 pm

Shame on MH! If I recall correctly, doesn't the MH website have a field for one to fill in a promo code? Isn't this the space to put in the voucher code then?

Don't understand why MH vouchers can only be used via the call center when even their tiny sibling Firefly can provide a "credit account" that can be used to pay for online bookings.
nivsy likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.