Community
Wiki Posts
Search

seat change notification

Search this Thread

Old Dec 8, 2017, 7:13 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
booking based on equipment is beyond me, it might even not be the A350, let alone a F seat for J booking.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:21 am
Original Poster

Programs: Programless
Originally Posted by d00t
It was published on blogs, which are not official outlets. Hardly something we can rely on IMO.
Sure it's a shame, but ultimately if you book in the business cabin, you can't honestly expect to be in first class.
Nope. I dont even mind Y food with F seat LOL
Its a short KUL to BKK flight. Food selection within the SEA region is roughly the same to me at least.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:22 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Globalist
Hence me saying "outlets: not "official outlets". If it was official I would have added the source.
It is shame though as I was also considering this.

And for the ones saying the OP expects F service for J price, that is nonsense as it was always clear that the F seats would be selectable for a J service on these familiarisation flights. it was merely an opportunity to experience the F seat.

In any case, as posted, it seems the F cabin is blocked now when not in use for an actual F service.

Globalist
Yes. Seems like proven this is not going to happen. Gotta spread around and not have anymore victims.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 6:23 am
Original Poster

The mentioned aircraft spotted while taxiing to the runway.
Old Dec 9, 2017, 1:11 pm
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
New aircraft but same seats and exactly same subpar food drink and service...so really wont make much difference on the short hauls in terms of your well being either.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 2:10 am

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
Just completed my round trip KUL-PEN on the A350’s, managed to re-select a seat in the F cabin about a week ago.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 3:30 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Programs: HHonors Diamond; A3 *Nothing ; BA Exec. Club Gold
Originally Posted by windchaser777
Just completed my round trip KUL-PEN on the A350’s, managed to re-select a seat in the F cabin about a week ago.
And they let you keep the F seat? I have a flight Thursday and two on Sunday where I selected 2A.fully expecting a seat change but it will be nice to keep the F seat. Already got my boarding pass showing 2A for Thursday as my first flight to KUL is Wednesday,

Globalist

Old Jan 8, 2018, 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Globalist

And they let you keep the F seat? I have a flight Thursday and two on Sunday where I selected 2A.fully expecting a seat change but it will be nice to keep the F seat. Already got my boarding pass showing 2A for Thursday as my first flight to KUL is Wednesday,

Globalist

It seems that during recent flights, you do get to keep the F seat if selected.

But the way, row 2 is business class. F is only the first row.
Old Jan 8, 2018, 9:08 am
Hilton Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Zawnet

It seems that during recent flights, you do get to keep the F seat if selected.

But the way, row 2 is business class. F is only the first row.

My mistake, I have indeed selected 1K. Somehow my brain mixed up thinking to avoid 1A and select the window seat in the other side which is obviously not 2A.

Last edited by Globalist; Jan 8, 2018 at 11:03 pm Reason: mistake
Old Jan 8, 2018, 10:46 am

Programs: A handful of shiny cards
Yep, managed to keep the window seats 1A and 1K on both sectors. It was me and an MH engineer in the F section to PEN, and me and another pax to KUL. The crew was nice and let another aviation enthusiast seated on the J section up into 1G for landing.
Old Jan 10, 2018, 11:09 pm
Hilton Contributor Badge

Managed to keep mine too today, posting pictures in the A350 tread.
windchaser777 likes this.
Old Nov 8, 2018, 11:29 pm

Recently had a seat in row 1 of A330 to HKG swapped for a seat at rear of cabin with no notice - just saw the seat change at check in.Does this happen often with MH ?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 9:30 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Plat, TK Elite+
Originally Posted by Mister Nice
Recently had a seat in row 1 of A330 to HKG swapped for a seat at rear of cabin with no notice - just saw the seat change at check in.Does this happen often with MH ?
Was there a change of aircraft (it can be from the usual 333 to sometimes 738/359 assuming you are on MH 72/73. 332 doesn't/rarely operate for MH72/73)?
Old Nov 9, 2018, 6:19 pm

Originally Posted by nov11
Was there a change of aircraft (it can be from the usual 333 to sometimes 738/359 assuming you are on MH 72/73. 332 doesn't/rarely operate for MH72/73)?
indeed was MH72 and was 333 at time of booking and at flight . No aircraft swap .

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.