Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Malaysia Airlines | Enrich
Reload this Page >

To the jokers who designed the new MH website...

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 7, 2017, 8:30 pm
Original Poster

MH recently refreshed their website to a new look and feel.

Which takes a lot of scrolling because almost the entire real estate is now taken by big scenic photographs - whether you view it on a browser or on your mobile - but trying to locate the actual functionalities appear more challenging.

As many people have previously complained, you can't now change the origin and destination once the search results are displayed, when this was a tremendously convenient functionality previously. Suspect MH (and perhaps other OW airlines also, like UL) is migrating to "common platform" to save cost overall for all participating airlines. A step backward in user experience, but not something MH (or OW) appear to care about, when the focus is to promote common operating platforms, as most global organisations do nowadays.

But today I discovered another irritating defect. Clicking on Deals, one can select promotions that originate from a particular city (say, SIN) and class (say, business). Next clicking on the Book Now button, the next page will invite you to input the departure and arrival dates. Yet when the results are displayed, they ONLY show economy class fares. How stupid is that!!
Old Oct 7, 2017, 10:08 pm

Programs: NZ
Yes, I agree .....
Also some of the Enrich links are not working - like to the page for Earn Miles. I am sure this is just a temporary glitch, but how can they roll out software that has such basic problems.
Old Oct 7, 2017, 11:14 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
They went live for a few hours with it last week. I could not even book a flight on it. Seriously, the website pressure testing pre launch was a joke :/
Old Oct 8, 2017, 1:23 am
Original Poster

Well one smart thing they do now is to invite feedback on the new website the crowdsourcing way. There is a HUGE banner with link to do that as soon as you go to the home page. Hope they take these feedback into account and iron out the bugs and bring back useful functionality... currently it's largely form over substance.
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:34 pm

Programs: Qatar Airways Privilege Club Platinum; Accor Le Club Platinum
Originally Posted by carrotjuice
Well one smart thing they do now is to invite feedback on the new website the crowdsourcing way. There is a HUGE banner with link to do that as soon as you go to the home page. Hope they take these feedback into account and iron out the bugs and bring back useful functionality... currently it's largely form over substance.
What ever happened to market research and beta testing before making this live to the general public?
Old Oct 8, 2017, 10:45 pm

Programs: NZ
Originally Posted by SullyofDoha
What ever happened to market research and beta testing before making this live to the general public?
All that costs money!!
Old Oct 9, 2017, 9:14 am
Suspended

Programs: HHonors Diamond, AA EXP
Certainly doesnt look or work "cutting edge" or "world class" , looks like a 2nd year computer engineering project effort.Well reflective of the airline, its "modern" fleet and onboard "Malaysian" hospitality.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:43 am

The website is a nightmare to comprehend let alone navigate.

The whole enrich redemption though working now is so inflexible it's a joke - a little reminder ...MH is not a world class carrier yet ... don't be so arrogant and start using all the tricks in the books to make Enrich an impossible and too smart a tool for its customers !
( I believe an Australian person has been recruited for the purpose to enhance Enrich - he better be savvy and sensitive enough to know what makes this airline an attraction- don't be overly too smart about it )

Tried going online in China and everything was in Mandarin which is fine But for those who don't understand Chinese it's tough and there isn't an English option

And those outdated A330 business seats are way way past sell by date already .
Old Oct 10, 2017, 8:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bearbrick
The website is a nightmare to comprehend let alone navigate.

The whole enrich redemption though working now is so inflexible it's a joke - a little reminder ...MH is not a world class carrier yet ... don't be so arrogant and start using all the tricks in the books to make Enrich an impossible and too smart a tool for its customers !
( I believe an Australian person has been recruited for the purpose to enhance Enrich - he better be savvy and sensitive enough to know what makes this airline an attraction- don't be overly too smart about it )

Tried going online in China and everything was in Mandarin which is fine But for those who don't understand Chinese it's tough and there isn't an English option

And those outdated A330 business seats are way way past sell by date already .
I think the A330 business class seats are new. They changed them last year and earlier this year on all their 330's.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 9:02 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA-EP, TK-*G, HL-DM, HY-GLO, MR-LTP
I like the new website. A marked improvement over the old one. One of my biggest peeves when booking.. is that after putting in dates and destinations for a oneway, which they put that option after, is that the dates blank out and you gotta repeat the process. Now the oneway option is at the front.
Old Oct 10, 2017, 10:01 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by Guy Betsy
I like the new website. A marked improvement over the old one. One of my biggest peeves when booking.. is that after putting in dates and destinations for a oneway, which they put that option after, is that the dates blank out and you gotta repeat the process. Now the oneway option is at the front.
I do not think they have actually planned this properly before implementation and actually looked at all scenario's on a white board before application.

It sounds like they are making things up as they go.

BTW, Mark Ross-Smith, Head of Enrich & Loyalty has officially taken up his post as head of ENRICH.
Old Oct 11, 2017, 5:48 am

Originally Posted by LA757
I think the A330 business class seats are new. They changed them last year and earlier this year on all their 330's.
Yup those newly installed business seats with the thrones etc but there are also some what I call dud seats ( read Y class flat seats in a shell ) .avoid them

I have flown these outdated ( in airline years) seats since MH installed them and find they have the worse configuration of any airlines I've been on ....one WC for the entire Club cabin- the other one after the PY or Y cabin is usually used by anyone who cares to flip the " business class only " card board tag on the lock .

Sad to think they will be using the same seats on their A350s .
Old Oct 14, 2017, 4:21 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by carrotjuice
MH recently refreshed their website to a new look and feel.

Which takes a lot of scrolling because almost the entire real estate is now taken by big scenic photographs - whether you view it on a browser or on your mobile - but trying to locate the actual functionalities appear more challenging.

I just used the new MH website and it is I agree a waste of space and totally unneccesary.

Instead of focusing on a simple website that provides all you need, they are more intent on big pictures filling the page but not improving the customer experience.

This is fine if you are trying to sell images or to market your professional skills as a photographer but...not for an airline website.

This has not been thought about well by the MH team.

SQ and Emirates and all the major airlines do not waste their time on big fancy photos. They keep it simple, easy to load, easy to navigate and above all, easy to use.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 12:44 am
Original Poster

Actually starting to see other OW airlines adopting this "large pictures" website style... think they have come together to design a common platform that can appear universally on any device - whether browser, mobile or tablet. As in every business case for standardisation, while you gain in cost efficiency, you do lose a lot of useful functionality unless the "consortium" commonly agree to retain or build it.
Old Oct 15, 2017, 5:38 pm
Suspended

Originally Posted by bearbrick
Yup those newly installed business seats with the thrones etc but there are also some what I call dud seats ( read Y class flat seats in a shell ) .avoid them

I have flown these outdated ( in airline years) seats since MH installed them and find they have the worse configuration of any airlines I've been on ....one WC for the entire Club cabin- the other one after the PY or Y cabin is usually used by anyone who cares to flip the " business class only " card board tag on the lock .

Sad to think they will be using the same seats on their A350s .
Wonder if the CEO realized this before investing in these seats. He seemed to be telling the media in Malaysia these are great business seats which will are industry changing and the media fell for it it hook, line and sinker.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.