Wiki Posts
Search

LHR Terminal 4 and KUL lounge question

Search this Thread

Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: BA Gold, HHonors, Virgin
LHR Terminal 4 and KUL lounge question

We are travelling from T4 for the first time in years. Flight is on MH in J to KUL and SYD.

Can I ask which lounge is the best for us for breakfast at T4?

Also, on our return we have around 4 hours at KUL so any comments on the best lounge to use there please. We are both BA silver at present.

Thanks
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:49 am

Programs: BA Gold (ex-GGL, maybe future Silver), Hilton Diamond
Which class are you in?
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold
This is very loose for the BAEC Forum !!

In KUL I used the Platinum GolD Lounge - post #5 which was decent enough

BA Lounge Database | Far East
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:52 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Cymro
Which class are you in?
J

I accept the looseness of the thread to BA but as we are talking about LHR it seemed the best place to tap the fonts of knowledge
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:54 am
Ambassador, British Airways; FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: BA GGL/CCR, GfL, HH Diamond
For KUL there is a MH lounge in the main building which has just reopened after being refurbished.

In the satellite I believe the MH lounge is about to shut for refurbishment, but there is a CX lounge.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 9:56 am
Moderator: Qatar Airways

Programs: BAEC GfL & GGL, SQ Gold, Amex Centurion, Mucci des Chevaliers des Bons Mots et Qui Savent Moucher
As you are travelling in J through Terminal 4, avoid the MH Lounge altogether, and head over to the Qatar Airways Lounge by Gate 6.

It's a world away from anything MH can offer, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

M
MarcD and Cymro like this.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:06 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
I'd agree with msm. You can't go far wrong in the QR premium lounge. Having said that, if you're a BA Gold in Y on QR or MH, the emerald MH lounge is one of the most underrated one world lounges in LHR, in my view. The views are excellent, buffet food is wide-ranging (at least at the right times), service is outstanding, and it's always quiet. Streets ahead of Galleries First.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:08 am
Original Poster

As you are travelling in J through Terminal 4, avoid the MH Lounge altogether, and head over to the Qatar Airways Lounge by Gate 6.
Thanks.

but there is a CX lounge.
If we're transit can we move easily between the satellite and main building?

That may be closed as we arrive around 0400.
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:10 am
Original Poster

I'd agree with msm. You can't go far wrong in the QR premium lounge. Having said that, if you're a BA Gold in Y on QR or MH, the emerald MH lounge is one of the most underrated one world lounges in LHR, in my view. The views are excellent, buffet food is wide-ranging (at least at the right times), service is outstanding, and it's always quiet. Streets ahead of Galleries First.
We've both just dropped to BA silver but travelling in J-shoddy I know
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:15 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, EK Skywards (enhanced Blue !), Oman Air Sindbad Gold
Originally Posted by crazyanglaisy
You make a good point here. The MH lounge at LHR is split into two and the First/Emerald section is indeed somewhat underrated and surprisingly good (albeit not as 'glamorous' or stylish as the QR lounge).
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:17 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/CCR/LTG
Originally Posted by KARFA
For KUL there is a MH lounge in the main building which has just reopened after being refurbished.

In the satellite I believe the MH lounge is about to shut for refurbishment, but there is a CX lounge.
Satellite (International) Golden Lounges are closed, they send you to the CIP lounge.

Main Lounge (Domestic) also closed, there was an area to wait near gate B3
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:33 am

Programs: BA Gold. KrisFlyer Gold
Originally Posted by steve170461
We've both just dropped to BA silver but travelling in J-shoddy I know
Then the QR lounge. Drown your sorrows with some excellent LP rose champagne, a sit-down 4 course feast, and staff who couldn't do more to please!
Old Oct 30, 2017, 10:53 am
Community Director

Programs: A3*G, BA Gold, BD Gold (in memoriam), IHG Diamond Ambassador
As this is solely about a MH itinerary, we'll move it over to their forum.

/mod
Old Oct 30, 2017, 11:01 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by steve170461
Thanks.

If we're transit can we move easily between the satellite and main building?

That may be closed as we arrive around 0400.
Yes, no problem moving between the satellite and main building, the shuttle train runs 24hs a day, and it is quick.

CX lounge opens at 0630 from memory.

KUL is actually good for local food at reasonable prices - I always see terminal staff eating at the noodle/rice place next to the MH Satellite lounge, and the food looked pretty good.
Old Oct 31, 2017, 10:28 am

Originally Posted by msm2000uk

It's a world away from anything MH can offer, and I'm sure you'll enjoy it.

M
+1 on this. They have a restaurant area in the lounge where breakfast is cooked to order.

I flew out on MH3 a few weeks ago with my wife. After a Qatar flight had left we appeared to be the only people left in the lounge..!

At KUL the MH Golden Lounge in the Satellite terminal is closed for refurbishment but the shuttle train to the main terminal only takes a couple of minutes (it's all treated as air-side so go back and forth at will) and the MH Regional Lounge there has just re-opened after refurbishment and it will be sufficient for your needs - reportedly better than the CX lounge or the CIP lounge in Satellite terminal that are also available to you but not tried those.. not as good as the QR lounge at LHR T4 though :-)

Last edited by john205; Oct 31, 2017 at 10:30 am Reason: add bit about shuttle

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.