Wiki Posts
Search

A room with a view

Search this Thread

Old Oct 22, 2008, 9:02 am
Original Poster

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
A room with a view

Even though some of these don't fall in the luxury range I thought it was an interesting topic. What is your favorite hotel view?

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-...AwOC0xMC0xOA--
Old Oct 22, 2008, 9:52 am

Originally Posted by m.photog
Even though some of these don't fall in the luxury range I thought it was an interesting topic. What is your favorite hotel view?

http://travel.yahoo.com/p-interests-...AwOC0xMC0xOA--
Too numerous to mention, but.....

Dawn at Amanjiwo as the cloud clears from the twin volcanoes and the temples of Borobudor....

Waking up in the Khush Mahal Suite at Taj Lake Palace, Udaipur, and watching the reflected light from the stained glass windows merge with the ripples of the lake, creating a kaleidoscope of patterns on the ceiling.....

Watching the long-tailed boats and barges from the terrace of The Oriental Bangkok or The Peninsula.

Having lunch in the small private sala at Amandari, surrounded by orange flowers and jungle - the Ayung River below.

The Bar at Four Seasons Resort Bali at Sayan - a 180 degree curve with the jungle as a backdrop.

Sipping Champagne on the terrace of the Volcano Suite at Hacienda de San Antonio, with a live volcano spurting red lava to one side and thousands of fire flies lighting up the gardens to the other side....

These are just some, but there are lots more......
Old Oct 22, 2008, 10:42 am
Original Poster

Programs: MS AMEX PLAT- Marriott Titanium-HH G- UA Silver-JPM RC . DL-AA-BA
Great, I almost feel like I am in some exotic location instead of watching the leaves fall in southern Indiana
Old Oct 22, 2008, 2:48 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Nicest/best hotel room/suite you've stayed in
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=304707

Best room/suite whit a view?
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=344052

Best Suite in SF With Bay Views?
http://flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=569918

http://www.concierge.com/cntraveler/roomwithaview/
http://www.hotelchatter.com/tag/Killer%20View

http://www.innabovetide.com/roomsandrates.html

Last edited by Kagehitokiri; Oct 22, 2008 at 3:54 pm
Old Oct 24, 2008, 4:24 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

This could actually become the first picture thread in this forum. Instead of writing about it, post a photo of the actual view from the room.

Bulgari Bali Resort, view from villa 405:

Old Oct 24, 2008, 6:44 am

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
This could actually become the first picture thread in this forum. Instead of writing about it, post a photo of the actual view from the room.

Bulgari Bali Resort, view from villa 405:

Nice! We're going there in January, so thanks for the view! Is that the best villa, or are there some with even better views?
Old Oct 26, 2008, 7:48 am
formerly vienna-resident
Marriott Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Nice! We're going there in January, so thanks for the view! Is that the best villa, or are there some with even better views?
the ones starting with 4 are in the fourth row from the cliff, but are built much higher than rows 2 and 3, thus giving a much better view. The ones starting with 1 are cliff front. Therefore, try to get one starting with 4 or 1.
Old Oct 26, 2008, 8:05 am

Programs: Delta, Starwood, Hilton
I liked the Albergo del Senato in Rome. Loved watching the Pantheon wake up in the morning and the view overlooking it while having cocktails on the roof.
Old Oct 27, 2008, 6:03 am

Originally Posted by vienna-resident
the ones starting with 4 are in the fourth row from the cliff, but are built much higher than rows 2 and 3, thus giving a much better view. The ones starting with 1 are cliff front. Therefore, try to get one starting with 4 or 1.
Good advice - thank you Vienna!
Old Oct 30, 2008, 5:50 pm
In memoriam

Mena House in Cairo with a view of the Pyramids. I was there in 1981- and don't have a clue what the hotel is like now. Robyn
Old Oct 30, 2008, 10:14 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BAEC Gold, Delta Platinum, Hilton Diamond, Marriott Gold, AMEX Platinum (US)
Are the Harbour View rooms at the Peninsula too cliche?

A few that spring to mind:
Park Hyatt Sydney
MO Tokyo (for nothing in particular but just the incredible sight of neon and highways in all directions. Tokyo at night and from high up was just very beautiful to my eyes)
MO Singapore (harbour view obviously!)

The FS St Louis gets a cursory mention as the room I was in had an almost mesmerising view of the arch...the rest of the view, not so much
Old Oct 30, 2008, 11:10 pm

Programs: OW/AA, DL, UA; Marriott Titanium
I've probably got pics somewhere, but the Falls View rooms, or better yet, Falls View Suites, at the Sheraton Iguazu @ Iguazu Falls, Argentina, where your balcony or deck/terrace is surrounded by lush tropcial rainforest and there before you are some of the most amazing falls on the planet.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 6:57 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Millenia (or Millenium) suite at RC Singapore overlooking the entire Singapore skyline and marina.

Luxury suite at the Oberoi in Agra, India with wrap-around terrace(s) and straight-on view of Taj Mahal.

Indrakila suite at Amankila Bali with 180 degree view of ocean and quiet clifftop temples. No other hotel rooms in sight.

Mandalay Bay 750gr suite in Vegas with floor-to-ceiling windows and view of entire strip lit up at night.

Honeymoon tent at Jao Camp in Botswana with lush views over the Okavango Delta. Even better are the deafening sounds of birds, bell frogs and insects that wake you at dawn.

Any room at Amangani with massive views over the grand tetons.

Princess room in the main house of Chateau Les Crayeres with large veranda and views over the very French, very well manicured grounds.

Navaranna overwater bungalow at FS Kuda Huraa Maldives with commanding views of the crystal clear lagoon from all sides (in-the-round).

----------------

Yeah, I love a good view.
One place I am dying to go for a good view is the FS tented camp in Thailand. I'd also like an eiffel tower suite at the FS Georges V before I die (only been in a regular room there).
Old Oct 31, 2008, 7:03 am
Aman 5+ BadgeFour Seasons Contributor Badge

Programs: UA1K, *G & Wife of UA1K MM
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Dawn at Amanjiwo as the cloud clears from the twin volcanoes and the temples of Borobudor....
...and you begin to hear the calls to morning prayer. Perhaps best experienced from either a bale or the Dalem Jiwo rotunda with a steaming cup of Javanese coffee in hand. This is one of the few places where jetlag can be a wonderful thing.
Old Oct 31, 2008, 7:52 am

Mena House, Giza

Originally Posted by robyng
Mena House in Cairo with a view of the Pyramids. I was there in 1981- and don't have a clue what the hotel is like now. Robyn
Oh yes, I had forgotten this one. A suite in the old wing with a balcony overlooking Cheops as the sun comes up over the pyramids. I was there in the 1980s, too, but since then the hotel has declined and declined and declined. Oberoi said they were going to refurbish in March, but they still have not begun - now it's next year, so they say. Hope they do it, because it's the best location in Cairo/Giza.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.