Search

Andalucia

Search this Thread

Old Jan 18, 2020, 9:46 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Andalucia

Hi,

Starting to think that a trip to Andalucia is what we want to do this summer. I am aware of Finca Cortesin, but wondering what else you can recommend in this area. Happy to stay in nice small boutique hotels or historic hotels as well as the real luxury ones and will be renting a car to travel around in the area. Will most likely fly in and out of Malaga, but all of Andalucia is OK. We have two weeks in total and plan to spilt our stay between 3-5 different hotels in the areas. Looking forward to hearing about your secret gems.

Last edited by Musken; Jan 19, 2020 at 9:26 am
Old Jan 18, 2020, 11:08 am

Programs: Delta GM, Amex Reserve, Amex Plat, JP Morgan Palladium
We loved the Finca Cortesin. I don’t think anything else in the area is in the same class. We took a day trip to Ronda which is beautiful. I wonder if there is a nice boutique hotel there. It would have been even more wonderful at night with the tour groups gone.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 12:26 pm
Community Director Emerita

Originally Posted by Valveking
We took a day trip to Ronda which is beautiful. I wonder if there is a nice boutique hotel there. It would have been even more wonderful at night with the tour groups gone.
Ronda was a beautiful surprise. Eating at a restaurant along the gorge is stunning. We stayed at the parador right on the gorge which was adequate but not exceptional.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 12:30 pm
A FlyerTalk Posting Legend

Programs: A3*Gold, SPG Plat, HyattDiamond, MarriottPP, LHW exAccess, ICI, Raffles Amb, NW PE MM, TWA Gold MM
Spain has a couple luxury level Paradores which should be considered if you're not real fussy about service.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:13 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K
Ronda was a beautiful surprise. Eating at a restaurant along the gorge is stunning. We stayed at the parador right on the gorge which was adequate but not exceptional.
+1 For Ronda. We really enjoyed parador there and time spent in the town very scenic place, wasn't really a luxury traveller at the time so don't remember much about service/amenities but the setting with your room right on the gorge is perfect. Can see the room from the stock photos on the Windows 10 spotlight login page now and then
Old Jan 18, 2020, 1:15 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Not a big fan of Finca Cortesin. If booking it often Dertour/Tui offer much better rates than the hotel directly. If you really wonna do Andalucia (Granada, Cordoba, Sevilla etc) Finca Cortesin is no real option as it is too far away from it. I stayed at La Bobadilla which was not perfect but quite nice.
Old Jan 18, 2020, 6:38 pm

I recommend La Residencia in Tarifa (boutique style but great spa and hopping town) and Casa Palacio Maria Luisa (true luxury) in Jerez. Cadiz is worth a stop as well. Alfonso in Seville i'd say though we didn't stay there.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:34 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

We have stayed in Paradores a couple of times before and are more than happy to do this. While I agree that the service is well below a luxury hotel, the often very beautiful historic buildings and the value for money, makes up for that. Will have a look at the Ronda option. Thanks.
Baghoarder likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:35 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by erik123
I recommend La Residencia in Tarifa (boutique style but great spa and hopping town) and Casa Palacio Maria Luisa (true luxury) in Jerez. Cadiz is worth a stop as well. Alfonso in Seville i'd say though we didn't stay there.
La Residencia looks very good, but unfortunately have a minimum four nights stay for the hotel and 7 nights for the appartments.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:37 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum
Not a big fan of Finca Cortesin. If booking it often Dertour/Tui offer much better rates than the hotel directly. If you really wonna do Andalucia (Granada, Cordoba, Sevilla etc) Finca Cortesin is no real option as it is too far away from it. I stayed at La Bobadilla which was not perfect but quite nice.
Thanks for the tip booking thour Dertour or Tui. I do remember that they normally offer very good rates. Will look into that if we decide to go for Finca Cortesin.

With regards to the too far away comment, we are happy to do some driving in between the hotels and have two weeks in total, so I think it looks very doable. La Bobadilla looks good. Thanks.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 3:52 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by Musken
Thanks for the tip booking thour Dertour or Tui. I do remember that they normally offer very good rates. Will look into that if we decide to go for Finca Cortesin.

With regards to the too far away comment, we are happy to do some driving in between the hotels and have two weeks in total, so I think it looks very doable. La Bobadilla looks good. Thanks.
To make it clear, if you stay in different hotels it's very doable and no long drive. Would only be too far if you do daytrips from Finca Cortesin as others recommended in the past.
Musken likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 7:45 am

La Residencia looks very good, but unfortunately have a minimum four nights stay for the hotel and 7 nights for the appartments.
I'd email/call - We stayed 2 nights last summer.
Musken likes this.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 9:27 am
Original Poster
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by offerendum
To make it clear, if you stay in different hotels it's very doable and no long drive. Would only be too far if you do daytrips from Finca Cortesin as others recommended in the past.
I guess my original post was unclear. Sorry. Have updated it now to include that we plan to stay in 3-5 different hotels during our 14 day`s trip.
Old Jan 19, 2020, 12:01 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

I guess my original post was unclear. Sorry. Have updated it now to include that we plan to stay in 3-5 different hotels during our 14 day`s trip.
Sounds like a good plan. Perhaps a night at Ubeda/ Baeza could also be an option.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.