FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   complimentary CLUB access at IC Hong Kong in 2016 (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1745490-complimentary-club-access-ic-hong-kong-2016-a.html)

DavidO Feb 11, 2016 8:18 am

complimentary CLUB access at IC Hong Kong in 2016

IC Hong Kong has just offered an interesting Virtuoso promotion for 2016. Here's the wording of the email blast.
As our Chinese New Year treat to you, we are delighted to extend complimentary Club benefits to your customers who stay with us now through December 31, 2016.

Club InterContinental Benefits include:
  • Personalized service from our Club team.
  • Complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails in Club InterContinental
  • Complimentary internet access and use of the in-room handy smartphone with unlimited 3G internet, local and international calls to 9 countries (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, Japan, South Korea, China, and Taiwan).
  • In-room check-in and express check-out service.

Certain black-out dates apply for Club access benefits.

TOMFORD Feb 11, 2016 12:19 pm

Got me confused for a very long time before seeing that it's only a Virtuoso promotion...

pricesquire Feb 11, 2016 4:07 pm

Originally Posted by DavidO (Post 26167922)
IC Hong Kong has just offered an interesting Virtuoso promotion for 2016. Here's the wording of the email blast.
As our Chinese New Year treat to you, we are delighted to extend complimentary Club benefits to your customers who stay with us now through December 31, 2016.

Club InterContinental Benefits include:
  • Personalized service from our Club team.
  • Complimentary breakfast, afternoon tea and evening cocktails in Club InterContinental
  • Complimentary internet access and use of the in-room handy smartphone with unlimited 3G internet, local and international calls to 9 countries (USA, Canada, UK, Australia, Germany, Japan, South Korea, China, and Taiwan).
  • In-room check-in and express check-out service.

Certain black-out dates apply for Club access benefits.

Good promo - something they seem to be experimenting with a lot lately. I think this is the second time they've done this over the past 6 months?

stimpy Feb 12, 2016 7:27 am

It sucks for RA's and paying Club guests. Now the lounge could be more crowded. We'll see.

offerendum Feb 12, 2016 12:55 pm

The interesting rooms all have club access....

SanDiego1K Feb 12, 2016 1:22 pm

Originally Posted by offerendum (Post 26174834)
The interesting rooms all have club access....

We paid for a junior suite facing the harbor. It was spacious with a broad expansive view. It didn't have club access.

offerendum Feb 12, 2016 2:18 pm

Originally Posted by SanDiego1K (Post 26174967)
We paid for a junior suite facing the harbor. It was spacious with a broad expansive view. It didn't have club access.

OK - I thought more about Deluxe Suite and up but I take back my comment:(

KeepDiscovering Feb 12, 2016 8:29 pm

HK's inbound tourism is not doing that well since last year, this year being wildly predicted to be weaker owing to softening Chinese economy. I am now planning my trip to HK in June and I observe that hotel prices (upmarket ones and mass market ones) are noticeably cheaper, with a lot of deals around.

That may explain why luxury hotels like IC are offering benefits like this.