Review: Iniala (Phuket area, Thailand)

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Review: Iniala (Phuket area, Thailand)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 27, 2017, 11:41 pm
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by Pausanias
It was interesting that Macmyday mentioned that Ani Villas hadn't had any guests for 12 days before his arrival. This may be part of their financial model, maybe not, and maybe they depend on Christmas/NewYear/Easter periods to entice large groups. It wouldn't surprise me if this became more of a hotel in due course . . . still wouldn't stay there, though the architecture is a little less Kazakhstani than Iniala.
They sell lesser number of bedrooms too, 6 minimum officially that are quoted, but you can request less. But you're right - at the moment they don't sell individual suites/bedrooms (if I'm not mistaken, Iniala does). A few private villas/estates started off as full villas/estates before converting into mini-hotels selling off individual suites. The Edge in Bali is another one.

I have to say I much prefer the architecture/design at Ani to Iniala too.
Old Sep 6, 2017, 9:06 pm

Does Iniala charge you extra for the additional services you request? For example, do they charge for massage sessions, boxing classes, canoeing, etc.

Also, would they charge extra if you order expensive food everyday (like lobsters and oysters, wine etc)
Old Sep 7, 2017, 1:24 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Vanessa Lim
Does Iniala charge you extra for the additional services you request? For example, do they charge for massage sessions, boxing classes, canoeing, etc.
That will depend on what package you choose. When they opened it was all inclusive, yet they've cut it back now to packages. I still use all inclusive package that includes up to 3 hours a day of massages and 2 activities.

You would be able to negotiate a package that matches what you want.

Originally Posted by Vanessa Lim
Also, would they charge extra if you order expensive food everyday (like lobsters and oysters, wine etc)
No. You can thank people like me who struggle to eat much during hot weather to average the cost out.
bhrubin likes this.
Old Sep 7, 2017, 2:10 pm

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
They sell lesser number of bedrooms too, 6 minimum officially that are quoted, but you can request less. But you're right - at the moment they don't sell individual suites/bedrooms (if I'm not mistaken, Iniala does). A few private villas/estates started off as full villas/estates before converting into mini-hotels selling off individual suites. The Edge in Bali is another one.

I have to say I much prefer the architecture/design at Ani to Iniala too.
I just hope Ani's Anguilla business model doesn't make its way to Thailand... which translates into overcharging guests for services they do not offer in front of friends and family.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:17 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by scented
I just hope Ani's Anguilla business model doesn't make its way to Thailand... which translates into overcharging guests for services they do not offer in front of friends and family.
Looks to be Ani Villas as a corporate entity rather than a particular property. Not impressed with how @DSI's issue was handled at all. Doesn't look like they particularly care much for FlyerTalk.
Old Sep 8, 2017, 1:19 am

Originally Posted by chinmoylad
Looks to be Ani Villas as a corporate entity rather than a particular property. Not impressed with how @DSI's issue was handled at all. Doesn't look like they particularly care much for FlyerTalk.
I agree. Their loss.
Old Jan 5, 2018, 11:28 am

Programs: BA Gold
I can't get my head around the décor of Iniala, but Iniala Shores looks slightly less, let's say, challenging. It's priced as villa only though, so does that defy the whole point of staying at Iniala with its all inclusive luxury concept? Anyone been?
Old Mar 4, 2018, 8:48 pm

Laundry near Iniala

Any suggestions for laundry service that will pick up from Iniala or that is nearby? I’m making a return visit later this month and would prefer to pack less than last time...
Old Mar 5, 2018, 12:37 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by Roka
Any suggestions for laundry service that will pick up from Iniala or that is nearby? I’m making a return visit later this month and would prefer to pack less than last time...
As a repeat visitor, I would just ask that they include free laundry. I would imagine they would be flexible enough to do so.
Old Mar 11, 2018, 9:31 am

Helpful information!... I have a schedule visit to Thailand soon after MAY.
Old Aug 27, 2018, 7:25 am

Originally Posted by MacMyDay
As a repeat visitor, I would just ask that they include free laundry. I would imagine they would be flexible enough to do so.
I’m returning for a third visit but still haven’t been able to get them to either include or discount laundry service. Thus, any ideas from anyone for any nearby laundry services that I can take a car to or even better have laundry pick up/drop off would be much appreciated.
Old Nov 21, 2019, 2:17 am

Originally Posted by Roka

I’m returning for a third visit but still haven’t been able to get them to either include or discount laundry service. Thus, any ideas from anyone for any nearby laundry services that I can take a car to or even better have laundry pick up/drop off would be much appreciated.
I was mainly scanning Mac's thread for any recent updates but I can only say that I am a bit suprised by your question? If Iniala refuses to pick up your laundry bill, why not just pay for it instead of looking for a cheaper "sweat shop" in Phuket? If you are able to swing the Iniala bill, you can for sure pay the extra for laundry I would think? Not to mention that I would NEVER drop my Prada dresses, nor my Eres bikini's etc, at a cheap laundry service. Not saying that they for sure would mess it up, but I rather pay a bit more for good laundry service and accountability when things would go wrong. Good luck when having to claim a 2k USD dress at a local service provider....

That being said: Iniala is opening 3 new, smaller suites with plunge pools. Two 1 bedroom suites and one 2 bedroom suite. Check it out
vuittonsofstyle likes this.
Old Nov 24, 2019, 7:21 pm

Originally Posted by Epicura
I was mainly scanning Mac's thread for any recent updates but I can only say that I am a bit suprised by your question? If Iniala refuses to pick up your laundry bill, why not just pay for it instead of looking for a cheaper "sweat shop" in Phuket? If you are able to swing the Iniala bill, you can for sure pay the extra for laundry I would think? Not to mention that I would NEVER drop my Prada dresses, nor my Eres bikini's etc, at a cheap laundry service. Not saying that they for sure would mess it up, but I rather pay a bit more for good laundry service and accountability when things would go wrong. Good luck when having to claim a 2k USD dress at a local service provider....

That being said: Iniala is opening 3 new, smaller suites with plunge pools. Two 1 bedroom suites and one 2 bedroom suite. Check it out
We don't have clothes we're overly worried about. Last time there, we left a bunch of stuff in the hamper and they sent it by slow-post with no objection from me and it arrived ok. So if anyone else has recommendations for a laundry place for a return visit, would still welcome suggestions!
Old Dec 25, 2022, 1:36 pm

Anyone know what happened to the Iniala? I think it became the ANA beach house for awhile, but now I see their villas listed on airbnb.
cornwall4000 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.