FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Luxury Hotels and Travel (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel-220/)
-   -   Four Seasons Seoul, Korea -- Reviews and Comments (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luxury-hotels-travel/1719768-four-seasons-seoul-korea-reviews-comments.html)

danlee200 Mar 11, 2024 2:25 pm

It was presented with a bottle of some Korean tea in early December 2023. I didn't try them since I have to watch my sugar intake.

scented Mar 11, 2024 3:05 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 36047109)
We arrived late on Saturday and he doesn't seem to be around for the weekend. Service is fine but a step down when coming from Japanese luxury properties. The Guest Experiences director (Ms Yoon) is a tireless worker and dependable for everything. An asset to this hotel and company.

Adore her... Jane, Hailey and Solene are all fabulous, too. Nothing is too much trouble for them. GRO team certainly rocks here... though many room guests are not flagged here, so will likely not get to meet them -- but they are hiring.

Earthman Mar 16, 2024 6:32 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 36046123)

I’m just home and also got that amenity and a gift of a large Korean scented candle
I was very impressed with the service and offerings in the club lounge,the afternoon tea for example included sliders
I mostly interacted with Eden there who was super helpful
As an early riser,breakfast was had every morning in the market when it wasn’t busy and the spread there was a massive choice between western and Korean
You know you are in SE Asia when Pad Thai is on offer for breakfast,there were new items most days,never boring
we used the house car once,that’s a great service
All In,very pleased

jlee132132 Apr 1, 2024 12:31 pm

early check in

Has anyone gotten super early check in at this hotel? like 9am. would really appreciate any data point. thank you!
If so, I'll change my reservation to this hotel vs the westin josun, shilla, etc.

danlee200 Apr 1, 2024 8:28 pm

It depends on the room availability. If the hotel is full or busy, then it's hard. They will try to accommodate your needs as much as possible, yet it's not guaranteed. You could wait at least an hour before the room is ready for check-in. You could wait and relax in the Korean Sauna for a fee (around 50 US dollars). It has a quiet sleeping lounge if you need an immediate nap after a long flight. They will drop your bags in your room when it's ready.

Originally Posted by jlee132132 (Post 36127105)
Has anyone gotten super early check in at this hotel? like 9am. would really appreciate any data point. thank you!
If so, I'll change my reservation to this hotel vs the westin josun, shilla, etc.

HaleiwaFlyer Apr 1, 2024 9:35 pm

Would recommend

Checking out today; stayed in both the executive suite palace view and corner premium room.

I would definitely recommend the executive suite if funds allow, much better view and layout; allows a person to do work without disrupting a sleeping spouse with a door separating the living room/work desk.

service: very good; remembered our name
and were warm and friendly all of the time.

gym: amazing. Shared with fitness Club members, but has everything a full gym has.

In house food: We tried Charles Bar, Maru, and Oul: They were okay, Jeju Grand Hyatt had much better food, taste wise we thought. The Lobster tteokbooki at Oul was my favorite dish. 1

location; super great to walk to palaces and subway is a short walk. Taxis are plenty: regular taxis have base rate of 6k initial fee. Gangnam areas ranged from 13-18k. So not too bad. Subway is super easy to navigate and you can avoid a lot of the rush hour traffic.

Spa: One good and one bad experience. One massage was horrible with no technique and the other was amazing. Grand Hyatt Jeju spa experience was much better overall.

Michelin Restaurants: We went to Soul Dinning and Eatanic: both were amazing one star restaurants, and we would go back to both. I thought the taste profile and creativity was better at Eatanic, but my wife liked the warm friendly down to earth service at Soul Dinning more. Eatanic’s chef was also very friendly and came out to greet us and allowed all guests a quick kitchen tour.

Summary: We loved Korea in general, moreso, and would go back to FS Seoul, booking the executive suite over the corner room if you are thinking about these two choices.

Aventine Apr 2, 2024 8:11 am

Originally Posted by jlee132132 (Post 36127105)

Make the reservation through FSPP, have the advisor make an early arrival note and they will do their best to accommodate you.

luxefarer Apr 4, 2024 7:51 pm

Originally Posted by Aventine (Post 36129237)
Make the reservation through FSPP, have the advisor make an early arrival note and they will do their best to accommodate you.

FS Preferred Partner is the way to go.

Also, an unspoken tip when booking with FS is booking your transfer through FS can grant an earlier check-in. Although not always guaranteed, they'll do their best to free the room ASAP, it's protocol.

jlee132132 Apr 4, 2024 8:04 pm

Originally Posted by luxefarer (Post 36136673)
FS Preferred Partner is the way to go.

Also, an unspoken tip when booking with FS is booking your transfer through FS can grant an earlier check-in. Although not always guaranteed, they'll do their best to free the room ASAP, it's protocol.

I've heard that too. Does anyone know how much they charge?
already booked something for round $80 USD

kosy91 Apr 8, 2024 8:55 am

Originally Posted by jlee132132 (Post 36136700)

Booked for a client a while ago. It was something between $180-$250 per trip, depending on the car. Gimpo will be a little less. You can message the Seoul team through the app and they will provide the exact figures straight sway.

...and echo comments re. FSPP....not had an early check-in request denied for a long time. If the hotel was full then they can make alternate arrangements like use the spa to freshen-up etc.

MattEvan Apr 8, 2024 9:11 am

Originally Posted by jlee132132 (Post 36136700)

300,000 KRW for an S Class from ICN.

HaleiwaFlyer Apr 8, 2024 11:40 am

Originally Posted by MattEvan (Post 36144756)
300,000 KRW for an S Class from ICN.

I would recommend the van over their luxury cars, as the van is alot more spacious and allows you to recline to a semi-lie flat position to get some sleep. It's about an hour drive from ICN.

To/from ICN, it's about 220K KRW one way for the van.

MattEvan Apr 8, 2024 11:46 am

https://cimg2.ibsrv.net/gimg/www.fly...63e75545c.jpeg

Aventine Apr 8, 2024 6:57 pm

Originally Posted by kosy91 (Post 36144720)
Booked for a client a while ago. It was something between $180-$250 per trip, depending on the car. Gimpo will be a little less. You can message the Seoul team through the app and they will provide the exact figures straight sway.

...and echo comments re. FSPP....not had an early check-in request denied for a long time. If the hotel was full then they can make alternate arrangements like use the spa to freshen-up etc.

I've also been given a standard room to use until the suite was ready.

offerendum Apr 12, 2024 8:06 am

Originally Posted by MattEvan (Post 36145226)

Interesting. Who books the S-Class?