Search

Best Hotel on Mauritius?

Search this Thread

Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:56 am
Original Poster

Best Hotel on Mauritius?

Whats the best/nicest Hotel there?
Looking to fly there in Nov.
Although the 4 seasons seems nice ive heard that you have to walk miles to actually be able to swin in the sea....

Other ideas?

Thanks
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:23 am
Aman Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by Michael82
Whats the best/nicest Hotel there?
Looking to fly there in Nov.
Although the 4 seasons seems nice ive heard that you have to walk miles to actually be able to swin in the sea....

Other ideas?

Thanks
Not true that you have to walk miles to swim in the sea at FS. It gets deep pretty quickly compared to many other beaches. The beach is man made, though, and thus slightly less beautiful than some other beaches at Mauritius in my opinion. Best beach is at the O&O but the hotel itself is not my favorite. Also the little island outside Le Toussrok has a nice beach, but again the hotel is not my favorite. I would go for the FS.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 6:59 am
hdb

Best Hotel on Mauritius?

there is also a shuttle boat from fs to ile aux cerfs
would go to fs too
Old Jul 24, 2012, 7:43 am

Programs: BA Gold
The Oberoi or Le Prince Maurice.
Old Jul 24, 2012, 4:03 pm

Programs: Hilton Diamond, AA Lifetime Gold
There is a new St Regis opening here in September, might be worth a look.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:29 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
I like the beachfront villas with pool at Prince Maurice best.
Old Jul 25, 2012, 7:30 am

Programs: United global services, BA gold,
Originally Posted by Larkin
I like the beachfront villas with pool at Prince Maurice best.
I should preface this with plunge pool!
Old Jul 25, 2012, 10:18 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
I'm a big fan of Le Touessrok. Many different beaches you can use depending on what you're looking for.
Just beware of urchins in general in Mauritius !
Old Jul 25, 2012, 3:48 pm

Try Nira Shanti Maurice, it used to be called just Shanti Maurice and it was a health spa resort but then the management was taken over by Nira, which is led by a industry legend Manvinder Puri.
Old Jul 26, 2012, 7:16 am

Originally Posted by Londonjetsetter
The Oberoi or Le Prince Maurice.
+1
Old Aug 1, 2012, 11:35 am

Le Prince Maurice is by far the best, followed by The Oberoi.

Touessrok is REALLY tired and desperately needs a rethink and a refurb. This is also true of O&O Le Saint Gran.

Shanti Maurice is a 4-star at best and cannot be compared with Le Prince & Oberoi.

And yes, I was there very recently.
Old Aug 1, 2012, 12:50 pm
Aman Contributor BadgeBanyan Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Le Prince Maurice is by far the best, followed by The Oberoi.
It seems as if Le Prince Maurice will become Constance Le Prince Maurice as of Sept 1st. I wonder how the management change will impact service.

I am not familiar with Constance resorts, so I have no idea if this change is a good thing or a bad thing.

At any rate, hopefully Constance will spruce the place up a bit, because it looks pretty tired to me.

Last edited by xracer; Aug 1, 2012 at 2:20 pm
Old Aug 2, 2012, 4:04 am

Programs: TK Elite Plus
Originally Posted by vuittonsofstyle
Touessrok is REALLY tired and desperately needs a rethink and a refurb. This is also true of O&O Le Saint Gran.
Was at Le Touessrok in May. Agree that it does need a bit of refurb (I think it's being planned actually) but it's definitely not as bad as you make it sound ! We walked on the beach of St Gran and that one does look like it needs to be updated. Would not hesitate between the two, though I've not stayed at St Gran and I gather that service is supposedly exceptional...

Not been to the others you've mentioned so can't comment unfortunately !
Old Aug 2, 2012, 5:44 am

Programs: Many
I like the Royal Palm, because of the beach and the staff. The Prince is nice, if you like to play golf and enjoy the absolute quite. The Oberoi is very good, but I don`t like the beach. The O&O is in need of an refreshment and the Le Touessrok is like a holiday factory.
Old Aug 2, 2012, 9:25 am

Originally Posted by xracer
It seems as if Le Prince Maurice will become Constance Le Prince Maurice as of Sept 1st. I wonder how the management change will impact service.

I am not familiar with Constance resorts, so I have no idea if this change is a good thing or a bad thing.

At any rate, hopefully Constance will spruce the place up a bit, because it looks pretty tired to me.
Le Prince Maurice has always been owned and managed by Constance! They just added the Constance bit last year to improve the branding of their resorts. No change at all. The resort is half-way through a massive refurb and is looking wonderful already. When were you there? I was there very recently and it was not looking at all tired!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.