Maldives, with 4 Year Old?

Search this Thread

Old Dec 27, 2013, 4:00 pm
DSI
formerly declinespecificinformatiom
Original Poster

Maldives, with 4 Year Old?

Hello All,

I have a trip planned for the Maldives in late June this year and had booked at the two COMO resorts, but the boss (the Mrs.) wants to take our son and I'm worried that these are not the most kid friendly places. The FS resorts seem super kid friendly, as does O&O and Cheval Blanc (probably too expensive), but I am wondering what advice you all have?
Old Dec 27, 2013, 5:48 pm

Programs: AA EXP 2MM
We stayed at both Four Seasons resorts last year and the resorts and staff were amazing with our 1 yr old son. We only wish he was older as the Kids Clubs looked good enough for even us to hang out for the day.

In both resorts we had the beach villas with our own pool. Better than the over water when littles ones are running around. I know they are built safe, but it was a peace of mind for us.

Hope this helps.
Old Dec 30, 2013, 11:29 pm

Programs: UA 1K MM, AS MVPG, SPG PLAT 100
FSLG is great with kids but my 2 cents is the kids club is very arts and crafts focused and my son wasn't into it and would much rather have music, games or some sort of water activity. 4 year old daughter no problem, but if you have 4 year old son (like me) expect to keep them entertained. It's not that hard in paradise -- it's amazing how long a 4 yo boy can be entertained with a shovel and super soaker water gun on the beach.

That said, everyone else on resort great with kids and <5 eats free which certainly is nothing to sneeze at.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 8:46 am

I've only stayed at Cocoa Island, and it is a wonderful hotel and I highly recommend it. BUT, all the rooms are over water and can only be reached by walking along overwater paths, and I know from my own kids that they can get everywhere and anywhere, and quickly, and I just don't think it is safe. For the same reason, I would never book a room with a plunge pool. Now don't get me wrong, this is just my opinion and I am not saying I am right, but there is a reason why they put fences and gates around swimming pools…! So, great hotel, but not with a child for safety reasons.
Old Jan 3, 2014, 9:42 am

Agree that the 2 Four Seasons resorts work best for kids. Less so COMO resorts.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.