Reload this Page >

The Conservatorium, Amsterdam

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Conservatorium, Amsterdam

Search this Thread

Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:00 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Sometimes I think the reason property owners can't guarantee a specific type of room within the same category is because in practiced it is hard to do so, although true luxury properties will go out of their way to fulfill the guest's wishes. For example, the particular room type might be out of order, not sufficient inventory at time of stay, or more like, a particular guest decide to extend the stay. The huge variation in room within the same category seems to be a very common thing especially in Europe where properties tout their "each room is unique and no two rooms are the same", which for me is a big headache because I then don't know what to expect.
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:08 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by offerendum
Fully understand this. Such an answer is Hilton and not luxury.
Agree. But I thought Wardolf Astoria is the upper tier of the Hilton properties, kind of like Park Hyatt is to Hyatt Chain or St Regis to SPG.

Originally Posted by Kagehitokiri
not hilton, there is no example here of 'guaranteed' room within category

no categories is rare, like trisara residences being booked individually

i'm with those here who would prefer to book specific, vs lower rate
Sometimes I think the reason property owners can't guarantee a specific type of room within the same category is because in practiced it is hard to do so, although true luxury properties will go out of their way to fulfill the guest's wishes. For example, the particular room type might be out of order, not sufficient inventory at time of stay, or more like, a particular guest decide to extend the stay. The huge variation in room within the same category seems to be a very common thing especially in Europe where properties tout their "each room is unique and no two rooms are the same" as if it's a selling point but for me is a big headache because I then don't know what to expect.

Originally Posted by damon88

For us the location of the WA is vastly preferable but I understand that that choice is subjective. We love the Jordaan area of Amsterdam and for years stayed at the Pulitzer. On our last visit we split our time between a suite at the Andaz and one at the Waldorf Astoria. We have only stayed at a handful of Hilton properties ever (Cavalieri, Conrad Tokyo, Hilton Berlin) and the WA Amsterdam was by far our favorite. The room was tastefully furnished with a wonderful view and the service was impeccable.

We booked a KING GRAND PREMIER CANAL.
Thanks for your input and glad you have a lovely stay. I am not very sure why a "canal view" in Amsterdam is considered good. To me from pictures, it's like looking out to a big drain. It's not lake view or sea view so for me, I won't want to pay a premium for it. I thought the Conservatorium is located near all the popular tourist sites. Might be wrong..
Old Nov 12, 2018, 11:16 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BENLEE
But I thought Wardolf Astoria is the upper tier of the Hilton properties
Of course it is

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.