Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Ritz-Carlton Hong Kong

Search this Thread

Old Sep 20, 2017, 10:23 am
formerly known as deathscar

Programs: Virtuoso | Four Seasons Preferred Partner | Rosewood Elite | Hyatt Prive - and more
Originally Posted by kkl
Harbour grand room OR Mountain view suite? Which is preferred
At the Ritz-Carlton? The mountains are quite further away.

Upper House has very nice mountain view rooms (called Studio 70/80 Island Room) - very peaceful area to look out to.
Old Sep 20, 2017, 12:55 pm

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
Originally Posted by kkl
Harbour grand room OR Mountain view suite? Which is preferred
I prefer view to space, but this is pretty much one of the most personal preferences one can have.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:15 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
I don't know how there can be any argument of which Hong Kong hotel has the best view. For me, it's the RCHK hands down. Weather permits of course. Sharing some pics from my recent stay.

Kowloon side

Day-break

Sunlight reflecting above the water surface

Harbour Side

Night Shot

A lucky rainbow after a thunderstorm

Breakfast with a view

And finally a panorama of Hong Kong, right from my room

I just love skyscrapper hotels. Nothing quite capture the feeling of having the entire city under my feet when I wake up.

P/S : Apologies for the blurry shots but I only have my handphone cam.
obscure2k and uggboy like this.

Last edited by BENLEE; Sep 28, 2017 at 5:25 am
Old Sep 28, 2017, 5:24 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

If those are blurry then I would hate to see your perfect shots lol.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:03 am

Programs: Amex Plat, AA Exec, CITI Prestige, Hilton Gold, Marriot Gold and all ever changing
Great pics Benlee, looking forward to my visit in March.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons 5+ BadgeSPG 5+ Badge

Programs: Some
Originally Posted by BENLEE
I don't know how there can be any argument of which Hong Kong hotel has the best view. For me, it's the RCHK hands down. Weather permits of course.
Very nice pics!
In general I have to agree. Only advantage of MO, Peninsula or FS is that you are closer.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 7:47 am

Programs: Krisflyer PPS, SPG, Hyatt GoldPassport, Shangri-la Golden Circle, British Airways ExecClub
Originally Posted by Aventine
If those are blurry then I would hate to see your perfect shots lol.
LOL... I am too lazy to bring my DSLR nowadays, otherwise the pics will be much better.

Originally Posted by mumum17
Great pics Benlee, looking forward to my visit in March.
Thanks!

Originally Posted by offerendum
Very nice pics!
In general I have to agree. Only advantage of MO, Peninsula or FS is that you are closer.
True, but then the RCHK is the only hotel in HK that has true panoramic view of HK skyline. You can see not only just the buildings, but both sides of Victoria harbour, the clouds, the mountains in the background and as far as the pacific ocean. Very few views in my memory can rival this.
Old Sep 28, 2017, 11:25 am

Programs: AA EXP, Hilton Diamond, Hyatt Globalist, IHG Plat, Marriott Gold, National EE
It's difficult to have a panoramic view of something if you are in the thick of that something I suppose that's a benefit of that West Kowloon/elements location and not having anything of note nearby.

Thanks for the beautiful views, brings back nice memories.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 1:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist
SPG 5+ BadgeFour Seasons 5+ Badge

Originally Posted by BENLEE
True, but then the RCHK is the only hotel in HK that has true panoramic view of HK skyline. You can see not only just the buildings, but both sides of Victoria harbour, the clouds, the mountains in the background and as far as the pacific ocean. Very few views in my memory can rival this.
No objection!
Old Sep 29, 2017, 11:17 am

Programs: amex platinum, american advantage, united, ANA, JAP. SPG, marriott
Very nice pics!
Not only are you closer in those hotels but you don't get the feeling you are in a glorified business hotel as you do in the RC. It is entirely too crowded, too noisy to be considered true luxury. I love a good view but not at the expense of the ambience.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 4:26 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by wripro
Not only are you closer in those hotels but you don't get the feeling you are in a glorified business hotel as you do in the RC. It is entirely too crowded, too noisy to be considered true luxury. I love a good view but not at the expense of the ambience.
My term "advantage" was only related to the view. Hotel itself is a completely other thing.
Old Sep 29, 2017, 6:11 pm

Originally Posted by wripro
My term "advantage" was only related to the view. Hotel itself is a completely other thing.
Unfortunately, the RC does tends to attract guests from a certain demographic which is kind of.., to put it kindly, rowdy. But majority of the time, they don't bother me much. Also, this problem is largely negated if one book a club room and have access to the very nice club lounge. It's a large hotel so offer more F&B options, more facilities, more of everything, and of course the view. Nowadays, I prefer the RC over my usual favorite LMO.
Old Oct 18, 2017, 10:41 pm

Programs: AA Plat, National EE, Marriott Plat, HH Gold, SPG Plat
we stayed at the ritz HK club level last time and loved it... do you guys recommend staying anywhere else for a better HK and club lounge experience?
Old Oct 18, 2017, 11:31 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist
Four Seasons Contributor BadgeHyatt Contributor Badge

Originally Posted by kar don
we stayed at the ritz HK club level last time and loved it... do you guys recommend staying anywhere else for a better HK and club lounge experience?
The only other comparable lounge would FS but their rooms are getting a bit long in the tooth. You probably can't do better than RC.
Old Oct 19, 2017, 2:32 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by Aventine
The only other comparable lounge would FS but their rooms are getting a bit long in the tooth. You probably can't do better than RC.
In 2015 my suite didn't had any problems and lounge was great.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.