FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Double Status Miles Promotion for status renewal (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/989008-double-status-miles-promotion-status-renewal.html)

Ukman Sep 4, 2009 6:31 am

The offer really works for me. I was just a few thousand satus miles short of renewing. While I probably would have qualified anyway by the end of the year, the flights already booked for this period will be plenty with this offer.

Viennafly Sep 5, 2009 8:08 am

Does anybody know if the offer is limited to a certain number of segments?
I registered, but also did not receive a confirmation e-mail though.

totti Sep 7, 2009 12:27 am

Hi folks,

I guess most of you have realised it already but I thought it might be useful to point it out again:

The promotion is NOT targeted and anybody can register. They ever advertise the promotion in german newspapers like SZ (today on p. 5). The link it www.miles-and-more.com/statusmiles

Cheers
totti

SenAOI Sep 7, 2009 8:11 am

I've seen the ad in today's Süddeutsche coming from AOI. I've registered immediately via internet. The automatically created answer has been: "Thank you for your registration ...". So let's wait and see what will happen.
Salve Luigi

ms1664 Sep 8, 2009 9:48 am

Just checked my online M&M account and I had these extra lines in between the regular flights :

05/09/2009 double Statusmiles +750
05/09/2009 double Statusmiles +750

Double miles for inbound flights have not posted yet.

irish mark Sep 8, 2009 2:16 pm

Originally Posted by sindjic (Post 12322572)
And another 4k as bonus since probably FTL...

great idea €400 for dub to dus rtn with lx; 18000 status miles bring me v close to sen; presume the lx business saver fares arent excluded for any reason? cant see anything on the t&c's

Fredrik74 Sep 10, 2009 3:21 pm

Originally Posted by Fredrik74 (Post 12294815)
It seemed to work for me to sign up and I haven't received a mail. I'm based in Sweden.

Miles from a recent flight has posted but no sign of double status points. How long does it take for these to post? I'm not sure I'll get them anyway because although the flight was on Lufthansa Cityline the flight number was SK something.

JC1120 Sep 11, 2009 5:40 am

I wish they included CO/UA in the promotion.

NewbieRunner Sep 11, 2009 5:51 am

Originally Posted by CJ1120 (Post 12364474)
I wish they included CO/UA in the promotion.

Why should they? Do UA ever include anything other than UA metal in their DEQM promotion? :confused:

JC1120 Sep 11, 2009 4:45 pm

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner (Post 12364511)
Why should they? Do UA ever include anything other than UA metal in their DEQM promotion? :confused:

I didn't think about that, but you're correct. Maybe codeshares count for the promos?

I was more referring to the inability to earn LH DEQMs from the US. According to what I'm reading about the promotion, it doesn't count TATL flights :( which I do actually have on LH metal scheduled.

TheAirman Sep 13, 2009 10:14 am

Problem with LX portion double status miles

Hi there,

had a same-day flight ABC-ZRH-DEF both flights under LX/LX code, but actually operated by LH/LX.
The double status miles for the LH portion have posted, but not for the LX portion yet.
Anyone with the same experience ?

Cheers
TheAirman

djohannw Sep 13, 2009 10:25 pm

Could it be that the LH portion credited on sunday evening while the LX portion only credited last monday - ie your flights were on Saturday? That would be the reason as the batch adding the extra status miles did run sometime Monday during the day for all flights credited until that time...

Greetings - Dirk

TheAirman Sep 14, 2009 8:26 am

Originally Posted by djohannw (Post 12375880)
Could it be that the LH portion credited on sunday evening while the LX portion only credited last monday - ie your flights were on Saturday? That would be the reason as the batch adding the extra status miles did run sometime Monday during the day for all flights credited until that time...

Greetings - Dirk

Well both flights were on Sept. 5th, so if you are right it should be credited sometime today. I am not sure when the LX part did show up on my statement, could have been on Sunday 6th already.

LHSebi Sep 14, 2009 1:23 pm

To me it does seem as though the extra miles are credited later. I have 2 flights that already posted on my online M&M account (Swiss), and only the normal miles have posted.

I called M&M to make sure that I was signed up, and they confirmed it.

marbe166 Sep 14, 2009 2:14 pm

Does anyone know if it is possible to get the double miles for flights taken before signing up? I took one flight on Air Dolomiti last week but only signed up today when I saw the promo...

TheAirman Sep 14, 2009 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by marbe166 (Post 12379331)
Does anyone know if it is possible to get the double miles for flights taken before signing up? I took one flight on Air Dolomiti last week but only signed up today when I saw the promo...

That should work with no problem - you should get credit soon.

malinche Sep 15, 2009 2:21 am

Originally Posted by LHSebi (Post 12379040)
To me it does seem as though the extra miles are credited later. I have 2 flights that already posted on my online M&M account (Swiss), and only the normal miles have posted.

I hope you are right. Both for me and a friend no doubles miles posted yet. For me, this is less of a problem, as I already requalified. But for her, it would ease it a lot. So, I hope they will eventually post...

Fredrik74 Sep 15, 2009 12:21 pm

Originally Posted by LHSebi (Post 12379040)

From the link

Terms and conditions:

NB: you will only earn double status miles in this Miles & More promotion; award and HON Circle miles for flights during the promotional period will not be doubled. The credit for the additional status miles will be made approximately four weeks after the promotion finishes.

samere99 Sep 15, 2009 5:34 pm

clarification of promotion

Can someone clarify if intercontinental flights qualify for this promotion or is it just flights originating in Europe and ending there?

I fly a few times a year from Canada to the middle east on Business class and would be missing a few K for senator status this year.

marbe166 Sep 16, 2009 1:23 am

Originally Posted by samere99 (Post 12386496)
Can someone clarify if intercontinental flights qualify for this promotion or is it just flights originating in Europe and ending there?

Intra-European flights only.

From the website:

Sie erhalten vom 1. September bis 31. Oktober 2009 doppelte Statusmeilen für Ihre Linienflüge innerhalb Europas.

ms1664 Sep 16, 2009 10:56 am

Originally Posted by Fredrik74 (Post 12384726)
Terms and conditions: The credit for the additional status miles will be made approximately four weeks after the promotion finishes.

Well the T&C are wrong, I've now been credited with additional status miles for all the 8 segments I've flown so far since Sep. 1st.

malinche Sep 16, 2009 3:17 pm

Yes, I have today received the extra miles for the flights last Friday and Saturday.

tidu Sep 19, 2009 7:51 am

Originally Posted by ms1664 (Post 12390132)
Well the T&C are wrong

yes, seems so ... I also received the extra status miles about 1 week after the flights.

LHSebi Sep 20, 2009 4:12 am

Same here! It took a few days with me too, but I have my double miles.

agadasch Sep 22, 2009 12:41 am

Is there someone who has NOT yet been credited the extra miles 7 days after the actual flights?

I was on LX flights and the regular miles did already took 3-4 days to post.

SwissHON Sep 22, 2009 2:31 am

Originally Posted by agadasch (Post 12417297)
Is there someone who has NOT yet been credited the extra miles 7 days after the actual flights?

I was absent minded and joined yesterday. I wonder if they are going to retroactively give me the double miles on the segments I flew since September 1st.

f4freeJunior Sep 22, 2009 9:08 am

Originally Posted by SwissHON (Post 12417483)
I was absent minded and joined yesterday. I wonder if they are going to retroactively give me the double miles on the segments I flew since September 1st.

SwissHON, the promo is only good for status miles. No HON miles and no award miles which, I guess, are of much higher interest in your case than status miles.

zara Sep 22, 2009 9:10 am

I can not see any double status miles for flights I took within the last two weeks. I registered weeks ago, just out of curiosity. Maybe M&M does not double them because I a) do not need to requalify this year (SEN until 02/12) and b) have already more then the 130k needed anyway?

SwissHON Sep 22, 2009 9:59 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 12418687)
SwissHON, the promo is only good for status miles. No HON miles and no award miles which, I guess, are of much higher interest in your case than status miles.

OK OK gotcha. I logged 580'000 miles since January anyway. Will fly to Seoul next week and will re-qualify 16 months prior to deadline.;)

NewbieRunner Sep 22, 2009 10:06 am

Originally Posted by zara (Post 12418695)
I can not see any double status miles for flights I took within the last two weeks. I registered weeks ago, just out of curiosity. Maybe M&M does not double them because I a) do not need to requalify this year (SEN until 02/12) and b) have already more then the 130k needed anyway?

I was going to say you should have registered for the double award miles promotion but all the links to this promotion posted in the M&M promotions thread no longer seem to work. :confused: It was a rather confused and confusing promotion in any case.

Has anyone successfully registered and received double award miles?

f4freeJunior Sep 28, 2009 2:35 pm

Here! I am waiting since more than a week now for 4 biz flights and one Y flight. All LX. Hope they will credit soon.

f4freeJunior Oct 14, 2009 8:44 am

Just got a friendly reminder that the current double status miles promo is still valid until end of Oct. and that I can also buy a SEN extension for €2,000 (for 1 year). Probably some of you got the same useless email.

SuperFlyBoy Oct 14, 2009 9:10 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 12632597)
Just got a friendly reminder that the current double status miles promo is still valid until end of Oct. and that I can also buy a SEN extension for €2,000. Probably some of you got the same useless email.

Ha, ha! Me too!! :p

:td:

I should have banked my miles somewhere else then, and just bought up to SEN!

(Actually, I can't fly any European sectors until November, so let's hope they reinstate it...if I decide to requalify!)

IAN-UK Oct 14, 2009 9:24 am

Originally Posted by f4freeJunior (Post 12418687)

I wish someone kind like you had reminded me. I have an astonishing number of status miles credited, but need not one of them: It's my "holiday" year (I requalified last year). A reminder to read T&C more carefully ...

SmilingBoy Oct 29, 2009 5:33 am

This has apparently been extended to the end of the year, at least for me. Brussels Airlines is now also on the list. Just in by e-mail:

Dear SmilingBoy,

The end of the year is getting ever closer – and with it the deadline on which your Miles & More account balance will decide your future status.

So why not take advantage of this last chance to increase your balance by earning plenty of status miles? Lufthansa, SWISS, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, LOT Polish Airlines, Adria Airways, Air Dolomiti, Croatia Airlines and Luxair are offering you double status miles* on all scheduled flights within Europe until 31 December.

You can then let the time fly by, secure in the knowledge that you can continue to enjoy many benefits and privileges.

We are looking forward to welcoming you on board very soon.

Yours sincerely,

Hubert Frach
Vice President Marketing
Deutsche Lufthansa AG

SuperFlyBoy Oct 29, 2009 5:41 am

I might try to do this, if they extended for me as well, but maybe I just go down to FTL - then I'll probably end up not flying LH at all...

bartek Oct 30, 2009 2:28 am

Originally Posted by SmilingBoy (Post 12730177)
This has apparently been extended to the end of the year, at least for me. Brussels Airlines is now also on the list. Just in by e-mail:

SmilingBoy, any sign-up link for this offer?

Cedos Oct 30, 2009 3:36 am

Time to get miles credited is very inconsistent for me.

I got all my double status miles credited very easily until 16th October (within 5 working days): 10000 miles in total.

I then took: 2 flights on 17th Oct and 3 flights on 20th Oct for which I should have received double status miles but nothing has been credited yet. I just called M&M and introduced a request. The lady said they would come back to me with a correction or explanation within a week...

I need those miles to requalify for SEN, I really hope they will appear soon.

Fredrik74 Oct 30, 2009 4:12 am

I have a few flights that haven't been credited either so maybe they changed something. I just hope it's not because I signed up to get more award miles and that I then cancelled the extra status miles.

mawi Oct 30, 2009 6:07 am

Originally Posted by Cedos (Post 12736162)
Time to get miles credited is very inconsistent for me.

I got all my double status miles credited very easily until 16th October (within 5 working days): 10000 miles in total.

I then took: 2 flights on 17th Oct and 3 flights on 20th Oct for which I should have received double status miles but nothing has been credited yet. I just called M&M and introduced a request. The lady said they would come back to me with a correction or explanation within a week...

I need those miles to requalify for SEN, I really hope they will appear soon.

Same with we, all "double status miles" until 16th October are credited. Since then nothing happened though I had quite a couple of flights.

The good news is that the promotion seems to be extended until 31st December 2009 as stated in an email I received from Lufthansa.

"Jetzt doppelte Statusmeilen sammeln!
Wir wollen Sie dabei unterstützen, Ihren Miles & More Status zu erhalten: Melden Sie sich jetzt zu unserer Aktion „Double Status Miles“ an und sammeln Sie für Ihre Lufthansa Flüge innerhalb Europas bis 31. Dezember 2009 doppelte Statusmeilen. Auf diese Weise können Sie besonders leicht Ihren Frequent Traveller oder Senator Status verlängern."