FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   New Biz Seats on Privatair BBJ´s! (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/967045-new-biz-seats-privatair-bbj-s.html)

jetsett Jun 21, 2009 8:08 am

New Biz Seats on Privatair BBJ´s!

Hello all,

somebody from LH told me yesterday, that Privatair will get new Aircraft and more interesting the "new" LH Business Class seats with IFE.
Can somebody confirm that or has news, when it will be available?
The LH girl said something about this summer. This will be then quite interesting,
since the product from Privatair will get a 100% quality boost.

Cheers

baggage tag Jun 21, 2009 9:40 am

With LH removing business capacity on their own longhaul aircraft they probably have a lot of spare seats which could be used for Privatair.

fly747first Jun 21, 2009 11:04 am

Originally Posted by baggage tag (Post 11943802)
With LH removing business capacity on their own longhaul aircraft they probably have a lot of spare seats which could be used for Privatair.

Is it just me but LH's J on 744 aircraft has always been excessively big?

El_Duderito Jun 21, 2009 11:26 am

Originally Posted by jetsett (Post 11943481)
Can somebody confirm that or has news, when it will be available?

Today I am fresh off PNQ-FRA on the PTI 319LR and it still had the old non-IFE seats.
But ... I asked PrivatAir before and have written confirmation that starting
on the 8th of July the PNQ flight will be operated by 737-800 metal with 56 LH C-seats. The seats will feature the latest Panasonic IFE which may not be fully available during the introduction phase.

This seems to be confirmed in various other messages as well as verbal confirmation from the crew.

P.S. I can PM the full email or contact information.
P.P.S. FRA-PNQ a week ago: 20 pax, return today 15 pax. The flight was totally worth the ~400E I paid thanks to the attentive crew ;)

oliver2002 Jun 21, 2009 6:53 pm

There are anout 17 types of C seat assemblies with LH to cover the use in the 343/333, 346, 744. Sadly these are too heavy to use on the BBJ and A319 that Privatair uses :(

CubaLibre Jun 21, 2009 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by El_Duderito (Post 11944232)
The seats will feature the latest Panasonic IFE which may not be fully available during the introduction phase.

apparently, Private Air is learning from Lufthansa...who seems to be sometimes still in an introduction phase of the actual rockwell IFE...

TeflonMan Jun 22, 2009 3:40 am

Hi everybody. Been lurking for a while, but whenever I could have contributed, somebody faster and/or more knowledgeable usually beat me to it. So in time-honored fashion, the newby starts out with a question:

Is anybody aware whether they will also put new seats into the aircraft they use for the flights they operate for Swiss?

ordogg Jun 22, 2009 10:07 am

Originally Posted by El_Duderito (Post 11944232)
Today I am fresh off PNQ-FRA on the PTI 319LR and it still had the old non-IFE seats.
But ... I asked PrivatAir before and have written confirmation that starting
on the 8th of July the PNQ flight will be operated by 737-800 metal with 56 LH C-seats. The seats will feature the latest Panasonic IFE which may not be fully available during the introduction phase.

This seems to be confirmed in various other messages as well as verbal confirmation from the crew.

P.S. I can PM the full email or contact information.
P.P.S. FRA-PNQ a week ago: 20 pax, return today 15 pax. The flight was totally worth the ~400E I paid thanks to the attentive crew ;)

400 euro? thats a great deal

TRAVELSIG Jun 22, 2009 12:46 pm

Originally Posted by fly747first (Post 11944139)
Is it just me but LH's J on 744 aircraft has always been excessively big?

Perhaps just you? (but maybe because you are always in first based on your handle). No- on the longhaul flights where LH uses the 744, I have found that business is often "waiting list", and LH oversells business quite agressively- so I don't think their cabin is excessively big. At the moment, with some companies requesting their employees not to travel or to travel in economy, there may be a bit of excess capacity- this being said, however, I have been waitlisted for 4 flights in a row in business to MEX and GRU- which leads me to believe that there is not THAT much extra capacity- now flights to America and Canada- I believe they are a different story...

agadasch Jun 22, 2009 1:47 pm

Originally Posted by ordogg (Post 11948651)
400 euro? thats a great deal

Do you know which fare this was?

El_Duderito Jun 23, 2009 9:43 am

Originally Posted by agadasch (Post 11949992)
Do you know which fare this was?

It was through their auction website. I just got lucky and used 80E/10k miles as base for the calculation. I am not a big newspaper subscription guy but if it buys me the ticket for 400E I am in ;)