New Biz Seats on Privatair BBJ´s!

Old Jun 21, 2009, 8:08 am
Original Poster

New Biz Seats on Privatair BBJ´s!

Hello all,

somebody from LH told me yesterday, that Privatair will get new Aircraft and more interesting the "new" LH Business Class seats with IFE.
Can somebody confirm that or has news, when it will be available?
The LH girl said something about this summer. This will be then quite interesting,
since the product from Privatair will get a 100% quality boost.

Cheers
Old Jun 21, 2009, 9:40 am

Programs: LH HON, Hyatt Globalist
With LH removing business capacity on their own longhaul aircraft they probably have a lot of spare seats which could be used for Privatair.
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:04 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AA CONCIERGE KEY & 1MM, HILTON DIAMOND
Originally Posted by baggage tag
With LH removing business capacity on their own longhaul aircraft they probably have a lot of spare seats which could be used for Privatair.
Is it just me but LH's J on 744 aircraft has always been excessively big?
Old Jun 21, 2009, 11:26 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by jetsett
Can somebody confirm that or has news, when it will be available?
Today I am fresh off PNQ-FRA on the PTI 319LR and it still had the old non-IFE seats.
But ... I asked PrivatAir before and have written confirmation that starting
on the 8th of July the PNQ flight will be operated by 737-800 metal with 56 LH C-seats. The seats will feature the latest Panasonic IFE which may not be fully available during the introduction phase.

This seems to be confirmed in various other messages as well as verbal confirmation from the crew.

P.S. I can PM the full email or contact information.
P.P.S. FRA-PNQ a week ago: 20 pax, return today 15 pax. The flight was totally worth the ~400E I paid thanks to the attentive crew
Old Jun 21, 2009, 6:53 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
There are anout 17 types of C seat assemblies with LH to cover the use in the 343/333, 346, 744. Sadly these are too heavy to use on the BBJ and A319 that Privatair uses
Old Jun 21, 2009, 9:50 pm

Originally Posted by El_Duderito
The seats will feature the latest Panasonic IFE which may not be fully available during the introduction phase.
apparently, Private Air is learning from Lufthansa...who seems to be sometimes still in an introduction phase of the actual rockwell IFE...
Old Jun 22, 2009, 3:40 am

Hi everybody. Been lurking for a while, but whenever I could have contributed, somebody faster and/or more knowledgeable usually beat me to it. So in time-honored fashion, the newby starts out with a question:

Is anybody aware whether they will also put new seats into the aircraft they use for the flights they operate for Swiss?
Old Jun 22, 2009, 10:07 am

Programs: UA MM, Premier Plat, Costco EM
Originally Posted by El_Duderito
Today I am fresh off PNQ-FRA on the PTI 319LR and it still had the old non-IFE seats.
But ... I asked PrivatAir before and have written confirmation that starting
on the 8th of July the PNQ flight will be operated by 737-800 metal with 56 LH C-seats. The seats will feature the latest Panasonic IFE which may not be fully available during the introduction phase.

This seems to be confirmed in various other messages as well as verbal confirmation from the crew.

P.S. I can PM the full email or contact information.
P.P.S. FRA-PNQ a week ago: 20 pax, return today 15 pax. The flight was totally worth the ~400E I paid thanks to the attentive crew
400 euro? thats a great deal
Old Jun 22, 2009, 12:46 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by fly747first
Is it just me but LH's J on 744 aircraft has always been excessively big?
Perhaps just you? (but maybe because you are always in first based on your handle). No- on the longhaul flights where LH uses the 744, I have found that business is often "waiting list", and LH oversells business quite agressively- so I don't think their cabin is excessively big. At the moment, with some companies requesting their employees not to travel or to travel in economy, there may be a bit of excess capacity- this being said, however, I have been waitlisted for 4 flights in a row in business to MEX and GRU- which leads me to believe that there is not THAT much extra capacity- now flights to America and Canada- I believe they are a different story...
Old Jun 22, 2009, 1:47 pm

Programs: LH SEN, AA
Originally Posted by ordogg
400 euro? thats a great deal
Do you know which fare this was?
Old Jun 23, 2009, 9:43 am

Programs: BAEC GGL/GfL, Lufthansa SEN, Hilton Diamond, misc other stuff
Originally Posted by agadasch
Do you know which fare this was?
It was through their auction website. I just got lucky and used 80E/10k miles as base for the calculation. I am not a big newspaper subscription guy but if it buys me the ticket for 400E I am in

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.