Wiki Posts
Search

Indian Airlines miles???

Search this Thread

Old Jul 25, 2007, 7:47 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH gold, BA silver, AF silver, EK silver
Indian Airlines miles???

Hi, I'm going to fly with Indian Airlines (domestic and international flights). I've check on their website they are partners of LH, but on LH websites nothing is mentioned. On LH Air India is partner of LH, but it is a different airlines, am I right? So I can't collect miles with LH for Indian Airlines flights, do I? Or Air India and Indian Airlines both permit to collect miles with M&M?
The flights code is IN.....not AI
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:02 am

Programs: BA bronze, Marriott silver
The flight code you are looking for is IC. And no, IC doesnt as yet earn miles on LH miles and more. Only AI flights earn award miles.

IC and AI (Indian Airlines and Air India) are going to merge by the end of this year, after which it remains to be seen what the mileage earning setup is going to look like. IC sells some heavily discounted fares that probably won't earn you miles, and most flights within india are fairly short (2:30 hrs max) ..
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:13 am
Original Poster

Thank you for your quick answer.....what is strange is tht with IC frequent flyer program you can earn miles on LH flights....
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:16 am

Well that's because it is a joint FFP with AI - "Flying Returns".
Old Jul 25, 2007, 8:18 am
Original Poster

Thanks again!
Old Jul 26, 2007, 7:49 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Unfortunately, I will be on them also, HKG-BOM. Nothing else out of our favorite portfolio available.....
Old Jul 26, 2007, 7:52 pm

Originally Posted by IsleSeat
Unfortunately, I will be on them also, HKG-BOM. Nothing else out of our favorite portfolio available.....
HKG-BOM is not IC - that only flies domestic and to some locations closer to india (bkk, kul, persian gulf <- though IX / air india express seems to be taking over most of AI's persian gulf traffic, using lcc configured, new 738s)

HKG-BOM is operated by AI - and by the way it has a hour long stopover in DEL (and the route is actually KIX-HKG-DEL-BOM if I dont miss my guess).

You'd have been better off flying CX on that route.
Old Jul 26, 2007, 8:01 pm

Programs: AA LT Plat, IHG Plat., former LH HON (now Silver), Bonvoy Titanium
Originally Posted by hserus
HKG-BOM is not IC - that only flies domestic and to some locations closer to india (bkk, kul, persian gulf <- though IX / air india express seems to be taking over most of AI's persian gulf traffic, using lcc configured, new 738s)

HKG-BOM is operated by AI - and by the way it has a hour long stopover in DEL (and the route is actually KIX-HKG-DEL-BOM if I dont miss my guess).

You'd have been better off flying CX on that route.
you're right! Just looked it up. I guess I get some double dipping on that curry then..
Old Feb 23, 2009, 2:48 pm

Programs: TK/QR Gold, Marriott/Accor Plat, IC Dia Amb, Avis/Hertz PC
Any update on earning m&m miles on IC-coded flights? Isn't the AI-IC merger completed already?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.