Wiki Posts
Search

Good things LH does

Search this Thread

Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:42 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
Good things LH does

So, some of us spend a bit of time here complaining about LH management decisions or LH service. I haven't come across a thread that collects pleasant experiences on LH, though.

I thought perhaps we could use a thread to post when LH does something especially well, or we had an especially good experience.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 10:49 pm
Original Poster

Programs: LH-SEN, DL-Platinum
What motivated me to start this thread was the crew on LH 402 (FRA-EWR) on 1 Dec 08 and LH 402 (EWR-FRA) on 2 Dec 08. I had the pleasure of flying both flights.

While most LH crews tend to be efficient, this crew was both efficient and just incredibly helpful and friendly. The head purser and particularly the Y purser were just delightful. Sitting in 30C (exit row across from the jump seat) on both flights, I got to chat with the Y purser a fair bit.

On both flights, the crew were very attentive without being overbearing, and overall just extremely friendly and good-natured. They made the one-day turn around worth it.
Old Dec 4, 2008, 11:08 pm
Moderator: Asiana & Qantas Frequent Flyer
Aman Contributor Badge

Programs: QF Lifetime SG, LH HON, OZ Lifetime Diamond +, HH Diamond, Marriott Lifetime Platinum
They gave me a chocolate advent calendar.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:22 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

In general, the LH crews are excellent.
Service in C in particular is better than most competitors.
Personally, I have a pretty good overall experience in F as well.
I think LH wins the award for "minimum variability" in service- which, for me is very important.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:34 am

Programs: LH SEN
What I like about LH is their good SMS and Outlook calender integration. So far I haven't seen that with LX. I don't know with other airlines like SQ if they have such features which I didn't activate.
But so far only with LH I can just insert all flight details in my calender, get SMS about flight status and get check in by just replying to that SMS.
LX, please copy.

W
Old Dec 5, 2008, 4:14 am

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by Wombelero
What I like about LH is their good SMS and Outlook calender integration..
So now they conspire with the Evil Empire !

Oops that is the playing nice thread ... ok, LH never weighs my handluggage whereas TG and SQ do .
Old Dec 5, 2008, 4:40 am

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I think LH wins the award for "minimum variability" in service- which, for me is very important.
Consistent service is a good thing when "on average" they're good. A standalone "consistent" doesn't mean too much.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 5:31 am

They're pretty good with kids. Nice entertainment kits on all flights (including short-hauls), reasonable children's menu, decent bassinets with advance seat assignments for infants, and staff tends to be friendly. They will try to save a seat for lap infants (with no assigned seat), unless the flight is full. Oh, and kids can collect miles from the age of 2.

FRA is a terrible hub to connect in, but my kids seem to like the tunnel (with the retro lights...)

Shuly
Old Dec 5, 2008, 5:36 am

Fly Smart awards. After the continuing devaluation of miles, the only good thing left is the ability to fly from TLV to Europe, in business class, for 25,000 miles (++, of course; and for members based in TLV only, but that's easy, right?) You can't beat that, and no other airline program I know provides such good value.

Shuly
Old Dec 5, 2008, 6:19 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: lots of shiny metal cards
I liked the way they handled a liability case I had on board. One of my teeth broke on the crispy crust of their rolls, and it was handled very professionally. The purser reported it to HQ (?) we had a few email/fax exchanges and basically I just sent them the dentist's bill and they reimbursed me.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 1:16 pm

Programs: OW Emerald, *A Gold
Originally Posted by econprof
So, some of us spend a bit of time here complaining about LH management decisions or LH service. I haven't come across a thread that collects pleasant experiences on LH, though.
There is a simple reason for this kind of behaviour. We are not here to praise LH but to give feedback to improve things. This definitely implies to let LH (and partner airlines) know what is good but it is even more important to inform us (the FT community) about problems and areas of improvement.
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by totti
There is a simple reason for this kind of behaviour. We are not here to praise LH but to give feedback to improve things. This definitely implies to let LH (and partner airlines) know what is good but it is even more important to inform us (the FT community) about problems and areas of improvement.
I think it is slightly different - it is simply much easier to scream bloody murder than to praise - human nature...

To keep the spirit of the OP - today I used the award booking gurantee to secure two seats to CPT during peak christmas / new year time flights to get the last 2 available seats that were still offered in J and on top managed to secure seating in row 1 and 2 both ways.... That is what is great with LH ^^^
I could not care less about the time in the lounge nor what type of car will take me to the flight...

Cheers

Thomas
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:40 pm

Originally Posted by totti
This definitely implies to let LH (and partner airlines) know what is good but it is even more important to inform us (the FT community) about problems and areas of improvement.
thats the way i generaly see it, but you have to agree that there is some pretty silly threads and over the top complaints out there, the "i'm not getting the porsche to the plane" thread comes to mind

plus one tends to get a lot of heat if one dares to write something positive about LH and/or M&M... so ^^ for the OP!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 2:53 pm

Programs: :enrolleyes:+, :drôleyes:
Originally Posted by tcswede
I think it is slightly different - it is simply much easier to scream bloody murder than to praise - human nature...
I'm afraid I'll agree with totti here.

Plus one more reason: when one observes (or is used to) a consistently good performance then that single incident of bad performance comes across as a major shocker, while a good/better-than-usual performance comes as no surprise . Granted, the better you are the harder it gets to outdo yourself and/or live up to the hype. It's all a matter of perception w.r.t. relative performance.

Originally Posted by tcswede
I could not care less about the time in the lounge nor what type of car will take me to the flight...
As long as it's not broken!
Old Dec 5, 2008, 11:30 pm

Programs: BA Silver, LH SEN
Originally Posted by shuly
decent bassinets
The world's best bassinets! They are extremely solid and have good seatbelts!^

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.