Wiki Posts
Search

OZ 542. Or LH712. Fra- Icn

Search this Thread

Old Jan 8, 2013, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: aeroplan E .HH.
OZ 542. Or LH712. Fra- Icn

LH 712. FRA- ICN. on a 346. Or OZ 542 . on a 74e. FRA- ICN I have a choice of award seats in Biz
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:04 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
OZ ^ as they have much better business class seat than LH crappy one.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 9:21 am

Programs: LH FTL, BA Bronze
From my own experience of the two airlines I cannot confirm that Asiana's sloping seats are dramatically better than Lufthansa's equivalent. In my view it is the service and staff attitude that really sets the two airlines apart and Asiana comes out as the clear winner.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 10:59 am

Programs: BA Gold
Originally Posted by planestupid
it is the service and staff attitude that really sets the two airlines apart and Asiana comes out as the clear winner.
Totally agree.
Old Jan 8, 2013, 6:59 pm

I prefer OZ as well, but with 60 biz seats on the LH 346 vs. 24 on the OZ 74E upper deck it is easier to get an empty seat next to you, especially in the second C cabin, when loads are low.

The seats are similar, although's OZ's higher seatback gives better privacy.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:23 am

Programs: BA, AA, SQ, UA, AC, WS, MR TIT
Originally Posted by planestupid
In my view it is the service and staff attitude that really sets the two airlines apart and Asiana comes out as the clear winner.
I disagree. Seat comfort is the most important thing for me while flying on an 12 hour flight especially with jet-lag. If you don't like any staff attitude just ignore him and life goes on.
Old Jan 21, 2013, 6:48 am

Programs: SEN**, Ex TK Elite+, Ex IB Sapphire, Hyatt Gold, Bonvoy, Meliá Platinum
Smile

Originally Posted by thaidai
LH 712. FRA- ICN. on a 346. Or OZ 542 . on a 74e. FRA- ICN I have a choice of award seats in Biz
OZ of couse!!!
Seats in older oz planes are similar to lh, but the service and the food are miles better on oz!
Old Jan 21, 2013, 10:08 pm

Originally Posted by NA-Flyer
I disagree. Seat comfort is the most important thing for me while flying on an 12 hour flight especially with jet-lag. If you don't like any staff attitude just ignore him and life goes on.
Yes, but the seats aren't markedly better between either option in C here as these are not new C configurations. So, soft product makes the difference here and that was the poster's point. OZ beats the LH service in C.
Old Jan 23, 2013, 1:34 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Clearly OZ!
Old Feb 5, 2015, 5:29 pm

Programs: UA Platinum
Reviving this thread to see if opinions are changed if the LH choice is a 380
Old Feb 8, 2015, 10:16 pm

Programs: United Premier 1K 1MM; AA Plat Pro; Hyatt Globalist; Marriott Platinum; Avis President's Club
My sister and I took the OZ flight in F class last March and it was outstanding! The F and C class had plenty of availability. In particular, as F class passengers we got a lot of extra attention. As compared to US carriers, either is a good option but OZ seems to have lower PAX #s so a better experience. Also a lot of F class award availability seems option throughout the year...just something to consider.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.