FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Withdrawal of miles for taxes on European awards (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/850256-withdrawal-miles-taxes-european-awards.html)

railways Jul 30, 2008 11:52 am

Withdrawal of miles for taxes on European awards

Can anyone tell me where this was announced or when it happened?

I was just about to book a nice FlySmart award all inclusive for 25 000 miles, and the miles for taxes option has... gone!

oliver2002 Jul 30, 2008 11:59 am

Must be a technical glitch. Call the internet helpdesk and ask for it!

railways Jul 30, 2008 12:01 pm

The last page on the redemption booking engine seems to have been re-designed :(

Cyba Jul 30, 2008 1:08 pm

I used the offer 3 weeks ago so if there's been a change it must be very recent.

railways Jul 30, 2008 1:11 pm

Well, I called the internet help-desk and I must say, it was very un-German:

"If it's not there, you can't book it."

"It must have been withdrawn."

When pressed on this point: "Well, no-one has told us anything about it."

:confused:

olm022 Jul 30, 2008 1:12 pm

Just tried to do a dummy booking, and it offered me the option of paying taxes with miles...

olm022 Jul 30, 2008 1:14 pm

Originally Posted by railways (Post 10121743)
The last page on the redemption booking engine seems to have been re-designed :(

Really? It looks exactly the same as it has been a month ago for me (am based in JP)

Rambuster Jul 30, 2008 1:17 pm

Originally Posted by railways (Post 10122154)
Well, I called the internet help-desk and I must say, it was very un-German:

"If it's not there, you can't book it."

"It must have been withdrawn."

When pressed on this point: "Well, no-one has told us anything about it."

:confused:

...LH IT ...

railways Jul 30, 2008 1:21 pm

Still no dice for me (BUD).

Not a option on the web-site, and IT won't help.

Dennis Jul 30, 2008 1:28 pm

Today, I called the hotline to pay the taxes and fees for an award with this "miles option" and it was possible!
So, probably LH IT mistake. Aren´t they on strike, too? :eek:

Rambuster Jul 30, 2008 1:34 pm

I can't find any flysmart offers right now, but it will let me pay for taxes on regular award flights. I just looked at FRA-VCE on several dates and I could pay the taxes of GBP 85 (LH.co.uk) with 10.000 miles

railways Jul 30, 2008 1:41 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster (Post 10122298)
I can't find any flysmart offers right now, but it will let me pay for taxes on regular award flights. I just looked at FRA-VCE on several dates and I could pay the taxes of GBP 85 (LH.co.uk) with 10.000 miles

Problem is, whatever site I use, after I input my M&M number it defaults to the HU website - which now doesn't seem to offer "miles for taxes" on FlySmart or regular awards. It did yesterday!

skywalkerLAX Jul 30, 2008 2:02 pm

Originally Posted by railways (Post 10122343)
Problem is, whatever site I use, after I input my M&M number it defaults to the HU website - which now doesn't seem to offer "miles for taxes" on FlySmart or regular awards. It did yesterday!

Modify you adress or call M&L !

DownUnderFlyer Jul 30, 2008 3:11 pm

Originally Posted by Dennis (Post 10122269)
Arenīt they on strike, too? :eek:

No, otherwise the website would work properly.

railways Jul 31, 2008 1:04 pm

Well, I think I've found an explanation - at least in part.

The destination was AGP and involved one leg of the four on DE (AGP-MUC). However, when I checked this earlier in the week it was available to book with miles-for-taxes. Now it is not.