Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Questions for official LH lurker, LHrelate

Search this Thread

Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:23 am

Programs: Disgruntled HON**, Indifferent EK Gold, skeptical BA Silver
I just felt compelled to say:
To the few people who seem to mistake this for the official LH customer relationship management forum. Let me tell you, it is not. This is FT. And I exactly expect from a valued member of this forum what LHRelate continuously and with great passion and effort is giving to this community. Empathic feedback and advice in a friendly manner, on an eye to eye level. And on top, the valuable bonus and promise of meaningful back channel activity.

Your not ending support of us here at FT, despite the things that from time to time are thrown at you as a rep of LH or like just recently as a person, is just amazing and greatly appreciated.

Thanks Michelle. Seriously: You rock.

And here is my question to you. Can you please make the Terror Cloud from Reijkjavik go away? KTHXBAI!

Last edited by mamb0; Apr 16, 2010 at 1:29 am
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:27 am

Programs: M&M SEN**; FB Silver; IHG Platinum
Originally Posted by mamb0
And here is my question to you. Can you please make the Terror Cloud from Reijkjavik go away? KTHX!
Well we should ask the Russians - they have this "magic powder" to chase clouds away whenever they need sunny weather for a manifestation
Old Apr 16, 2010, 1:35 am

Programs: M&M SEN, Amex Plat, Club Carlson, Marriott, HHonors & Accor Gold, Velocity Silver, Qantas Bronze
To the few people who seem to mistake this for the official LH customer relationship management forum. Let me tell you, it is not. This is FT. And I exactly expect from a valued member of this forum what LHRelate continuously and with great passion and effort is giving to this community. Empathic feedback and advice in a friendly manner, on an eye to eye level. And on top, the valuable bonus and promise of meaningful back channel activity.

Your not ending support of us here at FT, despite the things that from time to time are thrown at you as a rep of LH or like just recently as a person, is just amazing and greatly appreciated.

I want to express my gratitude too. Michelle, you are the best asset this forum has!!!

Last edited by vbroucek; Apr 16, 2010 at 1:58 am Reason: To make clear that Michelle is best asset, not mamb0 :-)
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:31 am

While my question relates to my itinerary, I think there are a lot of folks with similar issues.

I was on Ft 447 Den-Fra last Monday. I was (am) booked to go Den-Fra, then Fra-Cdg. I return several weeks from now going Cdg-Mun, Mun-Bos, Bos-Den. This trip was booked as a UA award; all the flights are on LH metal except the Bos-Den leg, which is on UA.

When I got to Fra last Tuesday, no LH flights were going Fra-Cdg, and none were on the board for Wednesday or any day at that point. At the LH ticket gate at Fra, a LH employee told me that there were no flights to Cdg and I would have to come back to the airport every day until there were flights and they could get us on one. Then she told me that I might prefer to book a train, which we did. I asked her whether missing the Fra-Cdg leg would impact our return flights (noting that they were on a UA award) and she said the reservation for the return flights would not be impacted by missing the Fra-Cdg leg since it was involuntary on our part.

My question is how I can check that indeed our reservations and seat assignments are intact for our return. Could someone please advise the easiest way to get absolute assurance that we are still set on this,. I would prefer to do this by email if there is a way to do that.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
Old Apr 24, 2010, 11:34 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by Mountain Trader
While my question relates to my itinerary, I think there are a lot of folks with similar issues.

I was on Ft 447 Den-Fra last Monday. I was (am) booked to go Den-Fra, then Fra-Cdg. I return several weeks from now going Cdg-Mun, Mun-Bos, Bos-Den. This trip was booked as a UA award; all the flights are on LH metal except the Bos-Den leg, which is on UA.

When I got to Fra last Tuesday, no LH flights were going Fra-Cdg, and none were on the board for Wednesday or any day at that point. At the LH ticket gate at Fra, a LH employee told me that there were no flights to Cdg and I would have to come back to the airport every day until there were flights and they could get us on one. Then she told me that I might prefer to book a train, which we did. I asked her whether missing the Fra-Cdg leg would impact our return flights (noting that they were on a UA award) and she said the reservation for the return flights would not be impacted by missing the Fra-Cdg leg since it was involuntary on our part.

My question is how I can check that indeed our reservations and seat assignments are intact for our return. Could someone please advise the easiest way to get absolute assurance that we are still set on this,. I would prefer to do this by email if there is a way to do that.

Thanks in advance for the advice.
The quickest way is to give LH a call. If your flight was indeed cancelled then this will be noted in the booking.
I think you should be ok.
Old May 2, 2010, 7:30 am

Programs: LH G, CO G, BA B, HH G, PC P, SW G, Sixt P, Hertz G and YES A|Club G :)

And here is my question to you. Can you please make the Terror Cloud from Reijkjavik go away? KTHXBAI!
^^^^^^^^^^^^^ and FB I like...
Old May 2, 2010, 2:23 pm

Programs: GS, 3 MM, Hilton Diamond
I raised this question in the United MP thread but the only answer I received was to PM the Lurker or post a message in the LH forum.
I requested an upgrade from C to F on a continuing LH flight to the middle east. UAL handled the change and LH confirmed the space. However, when I try to reserve a seat from LH they tell me that I hold duplicate reservations in C and in F on the LH flight. They are unable to save a seat assignment in F. After spending an hour on the phone with the 1K desk, they said that they changed my reservation in a way that should remove the duplicate booking. LH then tells me I still have duplicate reservations but that upon arriving in FRA I should be able to sort out the problem. LH is unable to delete the duplicate reservation because UAL controls the PNR. The 1K desk tried to work over the phone with LH to fix the problem but no success. It seems like a finger pointing exercise. What should I do? When I check in for the UAL flight to FRA should I ask that they not check me into the LH flight in order to avoid losing the upgrade? Is it possible that I will completely lose my reservation because a seat can't be assigned in either cabin until the problem is resolved? Any advice would be welcome.
Old May 3, 2010, 2:54 pm
DML

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Claim for compensation - address?

Hi Michelle

I wonder if you could help me. My family and I got caught up in the volcanic ash situation midway through a return trip on LH booked via bmi Diamond Club in I class. I would like to make a claim under EU regs for the additional hotel expenses we incurred but can't seem to find an address for an appropriate LH office to contact (I'm based in the UK but happy to post overseas if necc). Could you please advise? Many thanks
Old May 3, 2010, 6:59 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
nigos: handled by PM

DML:
Sorry about your trip That was a real catastrophe for everyone! Go to LH.com > Help & Contact > Complaints & Compliments > via post or fax and choose your country to get the right address. Probably will be our LPL office.

Best
Michelle
Old May 4, 2010, 3:59 pm
DML

Programs: QF Plat, VA Plat, HHonors Diamond
Thanks Michelle. You are a star ^^
I was almost there but looking in the wrong place on LH.com
Have to say apart from the hassle which was outwith LH's control, our flights were great
Old May 7, 2010, 2:54 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, Marriott Plat
How many names fit on a SEN card?

Hi Michelle,

I ran into a problem over the weekend with the U.S. SEN line and I was wondering if you shed some light on the issue:

I booked an award ticket to Europe and provided my full name (first name, two rather long middle names, and my last name) as requested since a couple of years for my flight booking. When I tried to get my seat assignments I was slightly puzzled when the agent told me that she couldn't proceed as the name on my SEN card (only my first and last name) was not matching my travel itinerary (all four names). I'm a SEN for ten years (with the same name on the card) and even after the requirement to have your full name stated on the ticket I never ran into this problem.

The agent told me the new rules are in effect since April, but I never heard of them or received any communication in this regard. She offered to send me a new card with my full name which I accepted and changed my SEN profile accordingly.

Could you confirm the change? What happens when your names are too long for the SEN card? My four names have 24 letters all in all

Finally, when I checked my SEN profile the other day I noticed that the helpful agent enter my second middle name in the last name column which makes me wonder if you only have so many letters available in your system for names to begin with and the whole exercise is totally worthless!

As always, thanks for your help in advance!

linhard04
Old May 9, 2010, 1:07 am
Hyatt Contributor Badge

Programs: QR G, A3 G, EK G, IHG Amb, GHA Black, WOH LT something
Hi Michelle,

I wanted to tell you that I didn't have any problems last time I was there. They even now carry the invitation cards. So thank you so much for fixing this situation. It really makes a difference to me, and yes I know I am a nicotine addict, among way too many other things lol

synd

Originally Posted by LHrelate
Hi synd,

I checked with global product and also with CDG station management; both have confirmed that SEN with Star boarding pass is allowed in the Star lounge in any airport. CDG management mentioned that most do not want it because it is inconveniently located compared to LH lounge. (However for coffee and cigarettes I certainly understand, eh?

I've been assured that the staff will be reminded of this allowance. Let me know how it goes next time you pass through.

Best,
Michelle
Old May 9, 2010, 1:08 am

Programs: UA Plat-2MM, Marriott Life Titanium, Hyatt something
Minor issue: AVOD movie programs on the website

Michelle,

Thanks for all you do for FlyerTalkers (and LH). I really appreciate your presence here.

This is a minor issue but it's been bothering me for quite a while. It seems like the website display of the AVOD programs (business/first) by month does not agree with the actual in-flight schedule. I have not done a detailed comparison with the printed guide but it seems something like some months are accurate and other months reflect the schedule a month behind. It's been this way for quite a while.

http://www.lufthansa-inflightenterta...=2&zeitraum=50

Could you pass this on to the website or entertainment folks to have them review it?

I use the online guide to check which movies not to rent from Netflix because they will be shown on my upcoming flights. Fortunately or not (depends on your perspective) I have at least 2 long hauls on LH every month.

Charles
Old May 10, 2010, 2:48 pm
Company Representative - Lufthansa Airlines

Programs: Official LH Real Person
DML, synd: Glad to hear on both counts, thank you for the update!

linhard04: Could you please copy/paste that into the form at http://www.lufthansa-usa.com/relate along with your personal details (card number etc)? Then I can try to find out what went wrong for you.

LAX UA 1K: I can bring it up but without specific examples (flight number/date + what was missing or wrong) they probably can't help me. If you have that info from your last flight please send it to me by email and I'll look into it - if not let me know if it happens again.

Best,
Michelle
Old May 10, 2010, 7:21 pm

Programs: LH SEN, UA 1K, Marriott Plat
Originally Posted by LHrelate
DML, synd: Glad to hear on both counts, thank you for the update!

linhard04: Could you please copy/paste that into the form at http://www.lufthansa-usa.com/relate along with your personal details (card number etc)? Then I can try to find out what went wrong for you.

LAX UA 1K: I can bring it up but without specific examples (flight number/date + what was missing or wrong) they probably can't help me. If you have that info from your last flight please send it to me by email and I'll look into it - if not let me know if it happens again.

Best,
Michelle
Hi Michelle,

Filled out the online form and look forward to your reply. Thanks for looking into the matter!

linhard04

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.