Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Lufthansa Longhaul Menu Thread (business class / first class)

Search this Thread

Old Jul 13, 2011, 5:12 am

Programs: LH SEN, SPG Plat, Hyatt Plat
Originally Posted by Flyingfox
No such luck - you'll have the EXACT menu for the first meal.

The starters sound odd.

The Swiss noodle dish is pretty basic - probably can't go too wrong there.

You might have luck if you call them and order a special meal (at least a special main?).
Not sure a special meal will be much better. Anybody have experience with that? Don't want to necessarily complicate things...

Otherwise I guess I will stick to the sole (first time I'll order fish on a flight) and ask for an extra serving of caviar

Still very much looking forward to flying the A380...
Old Jul 13, 2011, 6:41 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Originally Posted by German-FLyer
Otherwise I guess I will stick to the sole (first time I'll order fish on a flight) and ask for an extra serving of caviar

Still very much looking forward to flying the A380...
Why don't you eat in the FCT/FCL before the flight and just ask for caviar on the plane?
Old Jul 13, 2011, 6:56 am

Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
Why don't you eat in the FCT/FCL before the flight and just ask for caviar on the plane?
Because the flight leaves 9:55 AM and I wouldn't mind a decent Lunch onboard (not too much into breakfast, although my weight might indicate otherwise... ).
Old Jul 13, 2011, 7:08 am
Senior Moderator, Moderator: Community Buzz and Ambassador: Miles & More (Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, and other partners)

Programs: LH SEN** HH Diamond
Because the flight leaves 9:55 AM and I wouldn't mind a decent Lunch onboard (not too much into breakfast, although my weight might indicate otherwise... ).
A doggy bag?

I must say the menu ex-Germany does sound bizarre. The menu ex-US looks quite nice. ^
Old Jul 13, 2011, 7:48 am

Programs: M&M , HHONORS Diamond

I must say the menu ex-Germany does sound bizarre. The menu ex-US looks quite nice. ^
I thought exactly the same
Old Jul 13, 2011, 8:26 am

Originally Posted by dschnitz
I thought exactly the same
+1 ^

Call me a traditionalist, but I believe a carrier should offer at least one choice of a standard meat (e.g. chicken, pork, veal, beef). I would gladly swap the ex-Germany menu for the ex-US menu...
Old Jul 13, 2011, 8:27 am

A doggy bag?
Not sure they offer one, but I guess I could ask .

The Wiener Schnitzel in the FCT has become one of my favorite meals there. But not sure I should have one for breakfast though...
Old Jul 13, 2011, 9:59 am

Programs: UA Platinum, AA Platinum Pro, Marriott Platinum
+1 ^

Call me a traditionalist, but I believe a carrier should offer at least one choice of a standard meat (e.g. chicken, pork, veal, beef). I would gladly swap the ex-Germany menu for the ex-US menu...
This is what I had posted a couple of weeks ago. So since this menu is going to probably not be favored by traditional meat eaters (sorry I don't eat lamb, fish, or for that matter pigeon), has anyone had any experience with special meals that resulted in something a little more appetizing? Meaning has anyone ordered a LFML and got some sort of chicken, or ordered a No Fish Meal (as stated on the LH website) and ended up with some sort of steak?

At least in C there is a goulash. Not saying I cant eat the Pizokel but my wife has problems with cheesy consistency (i.e. lasagna, potatoes...etc).
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:25 am

Programs: AA Platinum (2.4MM), DL Gold, Marriott Gold, Starwood Platinum (Lifetime), Hilton Gold
I am flying EWR to FRA in F next spring and was wondering if caviar was a staple on the flight. It is the 10:05pm. Due to the late departure, is there a full dinner service or is it smaller?
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:37 am

Originally Posted by CO_Bulkhead
I am flying EWR to FRA in F next spring and was wondering if caviar was a staple on the flight. It is the 10:05pm. Due to the late departure, is there a full dinner service or is it smaller?
There's normally always caviar in LH F, so you should be fine...
Old Jul 27, 2011, 9:55 am

Programs: SK Diamond
Just got off LH 450 FRA-LAX, and I was a bit surprised with the second service, the "Lufthansa Barbecue." While I was shocked at the prospect of an American outdoor barbecue on the plane, I was actually pleasantly surprised with the ribs, they were very good, as was the potato and corn on the cob. Is this F class food? Certainly not, but was it good nonetheless? Yes. Also, in the middle of the flight there was an ice cream cart that came down the aisle. I had the Lemon Sorbet with champagne and it was quite good.
Old Jul 27, 2011, 10:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Thats the 'special moments' catering LH has on a few select routes.^
Old Jul 28, 2011, 5:38 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (BlackBerry; U; BlackBerry 9800; en) AppleWebKit/534.8+ (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0.0.576 Mobile Safari/534.8+)

Anyone has the Aug (assume it's same as Jul) wine list in F? Have a few flights next week. Thanks!
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:06 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Menu (english) LH F FRA - BKK JUL/AUG 1st service

For everyone's enjoyment, here the whole menu for the 1st service.
Breakfast and vinothek will follow.

Front: Cuisine

P1: Starchefs
In harmony with today's Star Chef menu and the wonderfull Swiss holiday region of Hediland _ our current inflight entertainment Programm

ListenRelax > CD selection
Francine Jordi - Das gonn ich mir
Sophie Hunger - 1983
Christian Zehnder Quartett - Schmelz

WatchEnjoy > Movies
Die Herbstzeitlosen / Late Bloomers
This popular Swiss film is a hilarious comedy about 4 women in the "prime of their lives" who shake up their sleepy villeage with their charm, heart and tenacity.

P2: Welcome on board
It is my tremendous honor to be responsible for the culinary facet of your flight here abourd Lufthansa First Class today. The international feature of modern air travel is synonymous with the cosmopolitain approach we Swiss take when it comes to our culinary traditions, which involves incorporating a wide range of influences from around the world.

Nature has provided us with an extraordinary diversity of tastes and flavours. As a chef, one of the major challanges i face is realizing the full potential of those flavours through preparation, combinations and refinement. Doing so requires a healthy dose of imagination, for each dish and its many subtle nuances must first develop as an idea before becoming reality in the kitchen. Today, it is my pleasure to be able to demonstrate my vision of authentic culinary pleasure for you. Guten Appetit!

Roland Schmid

PS if you like to learn more about my cuisine and recipes, i recommend taking a pek into the culinary world of Lufthansa at www.lufthansa.com/starchefs.

P3: <illustration>
P4: <menu in deutsch>
P5: <illustration>
P6: Dreamer's delight
use the time on board to get some restfull sleeping the form of our dreamer's delight, a select meal served in one course.

Cold gourmet plate
Roulade of Char on Artichoke Salad
Hard cheese filled with Swiss herbs
Kholrabi salad, grilled Zucchini

or

Hot Speciality
Glazed breast of veal, honey apricots flavored with lavender, green pea mousseline

Cheese and dessert
Saint Nectaire, Appenzell cheese and Roquefort garnhished with grapes and pecan nuts

Fresh fruit

Menu

Choice of Hors d'oeuvres
Caviar with the traditional garnishes
King prawn confit with strawberry salad and green pepper
Jellied veal with chervil, snow pea salad and lime vinaigrette
Zucchini and bell pepper terrine with basil sour cream

Salad
Mixed lettuce with pumpkin, bell pepper, cherry tomatoes and pumpkin seeds
presented with your choice of french dressing or herb vinaigrette

Choice of main courses
Medium rare sadle of lamb crusted with gorgonzola cheese and herbs, vegetables au gratin and potato blini
Pizokel, noodles Swiss style with mushrooms, savoy cabbage and appenzell cheese sauce
Pigeon strudle in port sauce served with brocoli and mashed jerusalem potatoes

Lufhtansa classics

In july: filets of trout meuniere with almond butter and potatoes
In august: filets of sole a la florentine with sauce mornay, leaf spinach and potatoes

Selection of cheese and dessert
Saint Nectaire, Appenzell cheese, Roquefort, Fougerus and Tete de Moine with fig mustard, grapes, pecan nuts

Cold elderflower soup with mixed wild berries and cassis sorbet

Schmid's chocolate dream: Pave, sorbet and port chocolate sauce

Lufthansa ClassicsRediscover the charm of traditional recipes. We are happy to offer you the choice of a favorite dish from international cuisine in addition to the suggested menu of our star chef

P7: <illustration>
P8: <blank>
P9: <information about Grand Resort Bad Ragaz in Deutsch>
P10: Roland Schmid. Tradition with a dash of avant-garde
Roland Schmid made his way through innumerable high-end establishments, both in his native Switserland and abroad, on his way to the highest tiers of gastronomy. Those stations included Badrutt's palace hotel in St. Moritz, Hotel Alpenhof in Zermatt, Mosimann's in London and the Schwarzwaldstube in Baiersbronn, Germany. And even with so much sophistication and creativity, Roland Schmid's trademark is still a genuine appreciation of authenticity. For over 7 years, Schmid has been celebrating his Rvo Nova culinary style as chef de cuise at the grand hotel hof Ragaz Abtestube restaurant. Using the finest regional products, he creates dishes that engages all senses, yet come across as familiar and unpretentious. That doesn't mean though, that the chef - named Swiss chef of the year 2011 by the groBe restaurant and hotel guide - doesn't include many avant-garde encounters that take the palate by surprise.

Gourmet destination and luxury resort in Switserland's magnificent Heidiland regionn
Thanks to its 17 points in the renowed gault millau guide, the Abtestube restaurant at the historic grand hotel hof Ragaz is not only one of Switserland's oldest restaurantsa, but also one of its finest. Amond numerous reasons for that distinction is its exquisite wine cellar filled with outstanding wines from the world's best producing regions, which attracts discerning gourmets to the celebrated Heidiland region in eastern Switserland. This is the very area whose breathtaking mountain panaromas inspired author Johanna Spyri to write the world renowned children's book classic Heidi. The grand resort bad Ragaz and its one of a kind combination of luxury hotellerie, gastronomy and well-being offers an unforgetable experience. The grand resort boasts private thermal baths, excersioze facilities, business amenities and a golf course. The exclusive resort's philosophy - tranquility - space - time - is a fitting description for the oasis of harmony, movement aND relaxation.

It is our pleasure to invite you to enjoy a very special mnu that demonstrates Roland Schmid's concept of down to earth sophistication. Today on board Lufthansa First Class

Grand resort bad Ragaz
CH 7310 Bad Rgaz Switserland
tel: +41 (0)81 303 30 30 www.resortragaz.ch

Last edited by HadesNL; Jul 29, 2011 at 2:14 pm
Old Jul 29, 2011, 1:11 pm
Hilton Contributor BadgeMarriott Contributor Badge

Programs: Lufthansa: Senator || IHG: Diamond Royal Ambassador Inner Circle || Plutonium Status
Menu (english) LH F FRA - BKK JUL/AUG 2nd service

Front: Breakfast

P1: < menu in Deutsch>
P2: Cold and hot specialities

Freshly squeezed orange juice

Fresh fruit

Yoghurt, granola, Cornflakes, Hopney gold flakes, Milk

Smoked trout, Norwegian smoked salmon, Back bacon, Pepper salami and air dried beef, cheddar and cream cheese.

Scrambled eggs freshly prepared upon your request with your choice of bacon or chives and mushrooms

Selection
Coffee from the highlands
Espresso
Cappucino
Assam
Earl grey
Green tea
Peppermint tea
Fruit infussion
Roobos thee

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.