Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Lufthansa Longhaul Menu Thread (business class / first class)

Search this Thread

Old Sep 16, 2022, 12:46 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by oliver2002
How pathetic
Old Sep 16, 2022, 3:11 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by ex-koelner
How pathetic

What were you expecting?

Maybe my standards and expectations are low: the food looks fine to me!
Old Sep 16, 2022, 6:02 am

Programs: LH FTL
Originally Posted by IAN-UK

What were you expecting?

Maybe my standards and expectations are low: the food looks fine to me!
My comment refers to the main dish only and mainly the way it is presented, there is no garnish whatsoever. The cake looks fine indeed ;-)
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:07 am

Programs: LH HON
I do not recall…but was it always so that the menu for FIRST and Business on longhaul ist exactly the same for the food (except the caviar) on inbound flights? I saw that for my flight JFK-MUC today.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:42 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
We had this a few times... it reads as if its the same menu but it is different in practice.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 9:43 am

Programs: AA Lifetime Platinum (3MM), QF Lifetime Gold, Bonvoy Lifetime Platinum, Ex-Hyatt Diamond
Originally Posted by shipsmail
I do not recall…but was it always so that the menu for FIRST and Business on longhaul ist exactly the same for the food (except the caviar) on inbound flights? I saw that for my flight JFK-MUC today.
While BOS-MUC had the same entree selections for business and first, MUC-BOS had completely different menus. So, LH clearly recognizes the concept of at least trying to provide something more special/different for F pax, despite the fact that they didn't bother to try BOS-MUC.

For BOS-MUC, I tried the lacquered pork which consisted of two very thin slices of pork in a not so special sauce.

For MUC-BOS, I opted for the veal schnitzel, which was disappointingly soggy. (The sea bass was the winner on that menu.)
Old Sep 26, 2022, 11:32 am

Programs: LH HON | UA 1K
I had fantastic food on YYZ-MUC two weeks ago, I feel like food in Biz improved a lot post-covid.
Old Sep 26, 2022, 12:24 pm

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by nologic
While BOS-MUC had the same entree selections for business and first, MUC-BOS had completely different menus. So, LH clearly recognizes the concept of at least trying to provide something more special/different for F pax, despite the fact that they didn't bother to try BOS-MUC.

For BOS-MUC, I tried the lacquered pork which consisted of two very thin slices of pork in a not so special sauce.

For MUC-BOS, I opted for the veal schnitzel, which was disappointingly soggy. (The sea bass was the winner on that menu.)
Usually LH has different menus for J and F outbound from FRA/MUC and similar menus inbound. However, there are always different starters in F, and inbound portion sizes of the mains differ and there is usually one main that is not available in J.
theKrafty1tar likes this.
Old Oct 19, 2022, 12:15 am

LH 474 MUC-YUL October 2022

October 2022
Lufthansa Business Class
LH 474 Munich to Montreal

Photo link:
https://app.photobucket.com/u/Carfie...9-228fe7ec03d2

Pre-takeoff beverage of orange juice or champagne was offered, along with printed menus

Hot towel was served prior to dinner

Beverage with almonds

After Takeoff
Appetizers
Prawn Confit on Fennel and Orange Salad with green Mojo Dip

Marinated Black Angus Carpaccio enhanced by Truffle Potato Cream, Arugula and Parmesan Cheese

Carrot Tartare with Horseradish Sauce, Gherkins, and Bread Chips

Main Courses
Fried Chicken with Potato Salad

Roasted Salmon Steak with Lemon Sauce and Moroccan Couscous Pasta

Porcini Pasta with Truffles accompanied by Nut Butter Jus and Root Vegetable

Cheese and Dessert
Lenggenwil Country Cheese, Montagnolo Blue Cheese and French Soft Goat Cheese garnished with Date Seasame Honey Chutney and Grapes

Bee Sting Cake garnished with mixed berries

Express Service
If you need more time to work or relax we offer you a cold Express meal at any time instead of the complete multi-course dinner, your choice of appetizer, cheese and dessert upon your request.

Before Landing
Cold Main Course
Beef Pastrami with Coleslaw and Garden Cress

Or
Warm Main Course
Vegetable filled Ravioli with Rape Blossoms

Dessert
Citrus Fruit Salad on Cream Yogurt, Chocolate Granola

Champagne
Champagne Heidsieck Monopole Blue Top, France

White Wine and Rosé
2021 KALLFELZ Riesling – Hochgewächs trocken, Mosel, Germany
2018 Hunn vom Löss, WeiBburgunder, Kilian und Martina Hunn, Germany
2021 LOU Rosé, Peyrassol, Provence, France

Red Wine
2015 Chateau Tour Prignac, Médoc Cru Bourgeois, France
2017 Ugaba, Anwilka Vineyards, Stellenbosch, South Africa
2018 Maria de Moya Bobal, Laurijssens Family, Utiel-Requena, Spain
cesco.g, sltlyamusd, zeer0 and 3 others like this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 5:37 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Pretty much the same as above.

worldclubber and gioannis13 like this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 8:06 am

On Wednesday JFK-MUC in F: while the LH website shows a new menu for October, this flight has the old menu of September, but new wine list. Food was very disappointing. I know that food from outstations is not comparable to ex FRA/MUC, but for the second time on this route the main course was hardly edible. Menu was again the same in Business and First, just presented differently. Today I have rebooked my coming TATL flights to Swiss therefore.
chris63 and worldclubber like this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 9:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
On Wednesday JFK-MUC in F: while the LH website shows a new menu for October, this flight has the old menu of September, but new wine list. Food was very disappointing. I know that food from outstations is not comparable to ex FRA/MUC, but for the second time on this route the main course was hardly edible. Menu was again the same in Business and First, just presented differently. Today I have rebooked my coming TATL flights to Swiss therefore.
Do let your HON PA know, LX are opening a clear advantage in catering over LH both intra Europe & on Longhaul & in FCL terms FRA lags way behind but MUC is still good
demue and worldclubber like this.
Old Oct 22, 2022, 11:58 pm

Originally Posted by chris63
Do let your HON PA know, LX are opening a clear advantage in catering over LH both intra Europe & on Longhaul & in FCL terms FRA lags way behind but MUC is still good
Must be a website glitch as sep/oct are supposed to be the same menu…

regarding PA - most of us (including myself) don’t have one anymore
worldclubber likes this.
Old Oct 23, 2022, 12:01 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by daumueller
Must be a website glitch as sep/oct are supposed to be the same menu…

regarding PA - most of us (including myself) don’t have one anymore
Good point, website glitch with LH IT, how is that possible

My PA still very much there, i must have been lucky….
Old Oct 23, 2022, 2:48 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
That's very sad, but don't wait for better food in Nov/Dec. Will fly in a few days and just downloaded the Nov F menu: not impressed by neither food nor drink choices.

Wines are so so; second champagne also seems to be gone now and again just offering what LX always offers (LPGS) is not very original.
chris63 likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.