Community
Wiki Posts
Search

The Lufthansa Longhaul Menu Thread (business class / first class)

Search this Thread

Old Dec 18, 2019, 2:39 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by NewbieRunner
LH2500 MUC-MAN 08:45 departure, block time 2h10m
Your photo makes that look almost a meal

Which IME of it, it’s not
NewbieRunner likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 7:45 am

Programs: BA Gold, Hilton Diamond
Food and Caviar service out of DEL

Sorry if this covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it. First time flying First on LH from DEL to FRA. Since it leaves really early in the morning (0335) and arrives into FRA at 0745, was not sure what food they serve and if they still have the caviar service?
Old Jan 12, 2020, 8:10 am

Programs: LH HON
Originally Posted by Dselvan
Sorry if this covered elsewhere but I couldn't find it. First time flying First on LH from DEL to FRA. Since it leaves really early in the morning (0335) and arrives into FRA at 0745, was not sure what food they serve and if they still have the caviar service?
regular dinner incl caviar plus breakfast... though most people don’t eat on those flights.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 9:25 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
When it gets closer to your flight date, you can look up the menu here:

https://www.lufthansa.com/de/en/menu-card

Just enter LH761 and select First and the month of travel.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 1:27 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller
regular dinner incl caviar plus breakfast... though most people don’t eat on those flights.
Originally Posted by worldclubber
When it gets closer to your flight date, you can look up the menu here:

Just enter LH761 and select First and the month of travel.
Thank you both. I am never one to say to no to Caviar and champagne even at 4am😀 One of the few perks left in First class travel.
Its good to know that it is regular dinner with caviar since looking at some of the trip reports, I was under the impression there was a reduced dinner service on take off. (Even the wiki at the bottom says the same). Am reassured from your replies.
Did try to put the dates into that menu link but it gives no first class menus for January or February, only business class menus which was a bit odd.
I will keep an eye on it. Thank you once again
Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:39 pm

Programs: LH HON
Thank you both. I am never one to say to no to Caviar and champagne even at 4am😀 One of the few perks left in First class travel.
Its good to know that it is regular dinner with caviar since looking at some of the trip reports, I was under the impression there was a reduced dinner service on take off. (Even the wiki at the bottom says the same). Am reassured from your replies.
Did try to put the dates into that menu link but it gives no first class menus for January or February, only business class menus which was a bit odd.
I will keep an eye on it. Thank you once again
DEL currently has no F - that’s why no F menu comes up
Old Jan 12, 2020, 2:53 pm

Originally Posted by daumueller
DEL currently has no F - that’s why no F menu comes up
Ah, that would make sense. Thank you for that. I am normally a oneworld person so LH long haul is all new to me.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:21 pm

Ah, that would make sense. Thank you for that. I am normally a oneworld person so LH long haul is all new to me.
When I tried it, the system said “no F” on that route, which is why I wrote that it only works closer to your travel dates, i.e. for months with F service.

The food will be similar to LH 755, which also leaves around 3:30. The menu of LH 755 should give you a good impression what you can expect.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:26 pm

Originally Posted by worldclubber
When I tried it, the system said “no F” on that route, which is why I wrote that it only works closer to your travel dates, i.e. for months with F service.

The food will be similar to LH 755, which also leaves around 3:30. The menu of LH 755 should give you a good impression what you can expect.
Thank you very much.
worldclubber likes this.
Old Jan 12, 2020, 3:26 pm

Thank you very much.
Anytime!
Old Jan 19, 2020, 4:32 pm

Programs: AA Gold, Marriott Gold

First time flying Lufthansa on 1/14. PRG->FRA. Flight time of 1h 15 min but ours came in under that (I think they were also really trying to make up time since the flight was late). Was in biz and very surprised to get a meal for such a short flight. Didn't need it or eat much as was connecting internationally in Frankfurt but I thought it was quite good. I especially liked the charcuterie which sort of reminded prosciutto although less salty. There was also sausage, cheese, some roasted veggies, multigrain roll, chocolates and tiramisu.
travelalot2 likes this.
Old Aug 11, 2020, 1:09 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Just flew SFO-MUC in J on the A350. You wouldn't have known anything was amiss in the world if not for all the masks being worn. Service and catering were pretty much identical to regular times, the only difference I noticed was appetizer&main served together. The food was pretty good, particularly the short rib. Everyone was served both breakfast choices, the muesli was far better than the powdered eggs. Orange juice was still fresh squeezed and pulpy, always lovely to see.

On a side note, the current brown amenity kit is the dumbest design I've ever seen. It fits almost nothing and barely buckles together.

cesco.g, 8420PR and swgsword like this.
Old Sep 1, 2020, 6:26 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
Looks like the usual menu card link is dead... and it seems there is a new environment...

Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:23 pm

Programs: OZ Diamond (*G), KQ Asante Gold (ST+), Hilton Diamond, IHG Diamond, Marriott Gold
Flew IST-FRA-LAX this past week. Service and food were pretty good. The IST-FRA flight was packed, while FRA-LAX was completely empty. Once again props to Lufthansa for offering proper service in J during these times, unlike Turkish and United.

IST-FRA breakfast. Sweet crepes with peaches and jam. 2 yoghurts, fruit, rolls, cheese, ham. Very hearty and tasty breakfast.

FRA-LAX menu.

Spiced salmon with avocado mousse. Very good, salmon tasted fresh.

Prawns with rice and vegetables. Very salty, didn't eat anything except the prawns.

Cheese and fruit. Excellent cheeses, liked having 4 instead of the usual 3.

Arrival Meal: Tuna Poke. Not the best poke bowl I've ever had but not bad for an airplane. Loved the warm German pretzels, only available during the 2nd meal.
Old Sep 9, 2020, 2:36 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite Plus,BAEC GGL,ITA Executive, AFKL Gold,QR Gold,HH Diamond,Bonvoy Gold,ALL Gold
Originally Posted by zeer0
Flew IST-FRA-LAX this past week. Service and food were pretty good. The IST-FRA flight was packed, while FRA-LAX was completely empty. Once again props to Lufthansa for offering proper service in J during these times, unlike Turkish and United.

IST-FRA breakfast. Sweet crepes with peaches and jam. 2 yoghurts, fruit, rolls, cheese, ham. Very hearty and tasty breakfast.
Thanks for sharing, I remember having the same exact tray last year on IST-FRA and remember that the crepes were delicious; however, the crepes were with raspberry instead of peach.
It's also nice to see that Sancak Catering started catering hot meals at IST as most non-Turkish carriers were loading food from their hubs for their flights departing from IST.
starflyergold likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.