FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Let's open a Masterthread ... M&M Changes (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/69352-lets-open-masterthread-m-m-changes.html)

Kiwi Flyer Mar 12, 2004 2:13 pm

Flying biz on *A other than LH/OS/LO/UA earning rate falls from 250% to 200% - 20% reduction. Similarly first falls from 375% to 300% - also 20% reduction.

flamboyant 1 Mar 12, 2004 2:13 pm

No need to save a program that changed so badly...made my weekend as well.

ralfkrippner Mar 12, 2004 2:35 pm

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by Kiwi Flyer:
Flying biz on *A other than LH/OS/LO/UA earning rate falls from 250% to 200% - 20% reduction. Similarly first falls from 375% to 300% - also 20% reduction. </font>
Did you recognize that F minimum miles were also cut down 50%? For a short intra US F segment on US-Air you get 3750 miles at the moment as FTL/SEN and 1500 miles after Aug 1st.

And intra Europe long distance fliers also get punished: E.g. earning is capped at 1.000 miles.

Kiwi Flyer Mar 12, 2004 3:37 pm

No, I'm still trying to take this in. But you're right. SIN-KUL is another example.

[This message has been edited by Kiwi Flyer (edited Mar 12, 2004).]

jongar Mar 12, 2004 3:59 pm

dear lufthansa,

well, it was great while it lasted, i mean thats a four year relationship, a record of any kind for me. Well I knwo i ran up my overdraft to 140,000 miles and i know I have been very slow to repay, but that recent round the world should of helped, but now you tell me my intra europe flying is worth nothing - I will continue to enjoy the benifits of my SEN card, (valid till next Feb and FTL after that, but I will not put another mile into the account - sorry about the deficit, but you just devalued the currency by 85% - even bob mugabe cant beat that

yours

jon gar,
oh and I sold the house you send stuff to 2 years ago

Jon

ws8n Mar 12, 2004 6:51 pm

That's hilarious, Jongar!!!

Not only has LH cut mileage accrual, they jacked up redemption rates. This is not a good time to stab our back LH.

Are there any other *A FFP that has generous bonus for C/F fares?

lewinr Mar 13, 2004 12:28 am

by the way, I think I understand LH's reasoning on the upgrade award costs.

I guess there are many people who fly for work in eco, and their employers limit them to eco. Those people use their miles to upgrade to biz.

I guess LH is targetting these fliers with this increase. LH understand that most people will burn their miles and get a RT award in C in the first place, if they can. But those people who fly for work will have no choice: the employer will only pay for an economy ticket, so their only chance to get into C is to burn their miles on upgrades.

tcswede Mar 13, 2004 2:52 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by vivamuci:
i wonder what the feedback for lh re the senator vouchers will be. i personally fly alone on lh 400.000 miles plus each year and that would mean a loss of 14 upgradevouchers in two years time .. hard to accpet that for any sen I bet.</font>
I can only second that - to point out that thes chaneges are to the customers advantage - meaning more fair - especially in lieu of the SEN 50 K vouchers. It is not only hard to accept - it is almost impossible to comprehend. Last Year I received 16 and this year I would based on planned travel pattern have even more (before taking the consequences of the enhancement of the programme into consideration) So instead of receiven 35 - 40 vouchers for the period I would receive two - also an interesting view on fair - I would not receive more than anybody else. Great - I knew there was a reason to leave Sweden and all the equalitarian aspects but they seem to have caught up with me again ....

Cheers

Thomas

Snoopy Mar 13, 2004 3:01 am

Can someone help me with the executive bonus?
I can't figure out what is happening. ON the web page they say in future it will be only 25% of the basic flown miles, but in the calculator they say you can use, it still takes into account the class of service (i.e. C-class = 2x).

Even the example they use: Frankfurt - Singapore gives a different result in the calculator to the example on the web page.

Have I missed something?

tcswede Mar 13, 2004 3:09 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:
Funny to see that they made the effort to STILL display a Europe-Hawaii award in their award chart when, according to their interpretation, you cannot get to Hawaii from Europe without using a 3-region-award. Apparently, they do not read Flyertalk attentively enough.</font>
Ther is on posibility actually: If you can get a seat on UA from LHR via LAX to HNL there is a flight with one singular flight no 935 - with this you get away with special Europe - Hawaii award.

Cheers

Thomas

flamboyant 1 Mar 13, 2004 3:54 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by ralfkrippner:
Did you recognize that F minimum miles were also cut down 50%? For a short intra US F segment on US-Air you get 3750 miles at the moment as FTL/SEN and 1500 miles after Aug 1st.

And intra Europe long distance fliers also get punished: E.g. earning is capped at 1.000 miles.
</font>
This sucks. This sucks, this sucks.

3750 min. miles in F on UA was great.

It all was great and now it is catastrophic.

As for those who will not get the upgrade vouchers, this is a huge step in the back of premium customers who accumulate more than 200000K miles on LH. http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/frown.gif

[This message has been edited by flamboyant 1 (edited Mar 13, 2004).]

lhrpete Mar 13, 2004 4:32 am

As things stand, I have already qualified as a SEN until Feb 2007 and assuming nothing changes a FTL until Feb 2009. Long haul business travel in C is likely to keep me qualifying as far in the future as anyone can predict these days.

To a point I mind losing the exec bonus when flying with another *A carrier but I can live with that. I'm not aware of any other *A programme that offers anything as generous as M&M does until 1st August.

What I really do mind that will not affect my ability to qualify in any way is the level of mileage I might now earn for a cheap short-haul in Europe. What LH are effectively saying to me is that they want me and my money when I have lots to spend, but if it's my own money and I'm looking for a bargain they really don't give a stuff about me. That's a really good message to give to 'a distinguished customer of Lufthansa'.

I'm sure they will continue to be able to sell discounted fares to others and in future instead of maybe spending a few pounds more to fly with LH or a *A partner, I'll buy the cheapest ticket I can find when it's my own money. Who knows, I might get to like some of the alternatives and I might just move my longhaul C travel to them. I don't suppose LH really care about that either in the long run though.

IMO they should have left award levels untouched for SENs and FTLs - but then, they never value individual opinions about anything do they!

Football Fan Mar 13, 2004 4:59 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by tcswede:
Ther is on posibility actually: If you can get a seat on UA from LHR via LAX to HNL there is a flight with one singular flight no 935 - with this you get away with special Europe - Hawaii award.

Cheers

Thomas
</font>

Thanks, that's great to know!

Jensens Mar 13, 2004 6:44 am

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="2">Originally posted by attorney28:
Over at Delta, they started a "Save Sky Miles" initiative.

Are we going to do something about these changes here?
</font>
I can only second that. We should do something similar. If only to show LH that this is simply not the right way to communicate such a large scale change to the programme. I think it would be better for both, FFs and LH if some of the proposed changes were not implemented.

Any ideas what would be the best to do? I think setting up a website would be a start ...

Cheers Jensens

flamboyant 1 Mar 13, 2004 7:15 am

Great, then do it.

I have written two e-mails to LH with some examples of their strange mathematical skills when caculating return upgrade levels that are higher than award tickets, the voucher rule, minimum miles in Germany and in F on short hops in the US, etc.

No reply yet.