FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lufthansa lounge at Washington Dulles [IAD] [merged] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/679150-lufthansa-lounge-washington-dulles-iad-merged.html)

juan516 Aug 11, 2007 12:08 am

Admission to VS Lounge

Thank you, Oliver2000 and YWTGW.

For admission to the VS Lounge and/or to the NW Lounge at Dulles, do I only have to flash my IADFRA LH O-Class BP to the receptionist or do I need to hand in an invitation - if invitation is needed where do I get it airside at IAD ?

Wiggums Aug 11, 2007 10:32 am

Just a ticket is good enough.. I was in "F" class on the way to FRA.

essxjay Aug 12, 2007 3:06 pm

Question re: LH "invitation" to UA RCC @ IAD near C-7 -- Flug LH419 only

I've had this nice but odd/unusual RCC pass for quite some time (6 or 7 years???), which reads thusly:

Invitation/Einladung

.:: LH logo ::. Lufthansa .:: UA logo ::.
United Airlines Red Carpet Club
United Terminal C-7

.:: *A logo ::.

__________________________________________________ ______________
| Name {left blank, meant to be filled in by hand???}........................................|
| .................................................. .................................................|

| Flug / Datum LH419.................................................. ................|
| .................................................. .................................................|

On the reverse is simple map of the RCC's location relative to the LH gate (C-2) and to the shuttles.

That's it, that's all the text and/or notation on it. What I'm wondering is, 1) how I can find out (short of calling LH or the RCC directly) whether these are still handed out, or 2) whether this pass would still be valid?

Any help would be appreciated.

N.B. Yes, this will be going up on Coupon Connection if I discover it is valid. (You heard it here first. ;))

demiurg Aug 12, 2007 3:18 pm

The last few times I was on a LH flight from IAD, they always left from (I think) B45. You receive an invitation to the NW lounge. For me, this is a welcome change. B is nicer than C or D and everything is better than a RCC.

I would therefore doubt that the invitation can still be used - although it may be interesting to watch the lounge personell when you hand over the old invitation card :p.

essxjay Aug 12, 2007 11:18 pm

Thanks for the reply, which reminded me that I failed to mention that LH419 departs IAD for FRA @ ~5:45 p.m. local time. Is gate C-2 no longer used by LH (as implied on the back of the invitation)?

And yes, it would be fun to be a fly on the wall near the RCC front desk. :D

iadh Aug 12, 2007 11:57 pm

LH 419 has been leaving from concourse B since October last year (not quite sure; but thereabouts...). No LH flight at IAD leaves from concourse C any longer. I'm willing to bet half a beer (my maximum bet -- I'm not a betting man :) ) that your voucher is no good any longer. -- If you wish I can send you some RCC drinks vouchers from several years ago that are no good any longer either. :rolleyes:

juan516 Aug 17, 2007 7:24 am

Dulles Lounge Access for LH F or C connecting to UA Domestic ???

The title contains the question.

I will arrive IAD with LH on a UA First Award, but LH Metal and LH Flight Number, connecting same day to UA Domestic US.

Am I allowed into the UA Intercontinental F lounge at IAD (if yes where is the F lounge located now) or even the VS Club House or one of the three RCC my only option ?

Thank you for claryfying this.

oliver2002 Aug 17, 2007 6:45 pm

I learnt recently that as arriving *A F pax you can use the UA IFL:

http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/showthread.php?t=723923

Location of the IAD IFL is between C3 and C5:
http://www.united.com/page/article/0,6722,1124,00.html

juan516 Aug 20, 2007 1:17 am

*A F arriving admitted at UA IFL IAD

Thank you, oliver2002, for this info.

Arriving with LH F BP and continuing on UA Y Domestic US within three hours after arrival, with the entire itinerary ticketed as UA F award, I have been admitted to IFL near Gates C3/C5 at Dulles, but the receptionist insisted that this was a one time exception to the rules, courtesy of UA.

Good luck.

juan516 Sep 10, 2007 6:20 am

Virgin Clubhouse at Dulles

Just to report that my LH F BP IAD to Germany allowed me to enter the Clubhouse which has been a nice experience, though I found the Johannesburg Clubhouse facility food- and servicewise superior.

Just my thoughts and all the best.

Always Flyin Sep 11, 2007 12:15 am

Originally Posted by Ted (Post 7537251)
You might want to make sure this still applies but as of a couple of years ago F passengers on SQ from JFK were invited to the VS lounge there.

SQ has one daily flight JFK-FRA, leaves about 9:00pm.

Still applies. The lounge is nothing to get excited about.

weero Dec 7, 2007 2:48 pm

what are these partner lounges actually good for?

Lufthansa.com lists a respectable array of lounges accessible to SENs which are not *G lounges.

My recent bad experience with one of those was now in IAD where LH conspires with Northwest. The agent gave us different arguments why we could not use the lounge from being on a flight not operated by LH, to having too long a connection, to having a guest, to not having an invitation.
Looking back, I never managed to get into any of these extra-alliance lounges which LH officially contracts.

Now I wonder if they are for real or if they are just another sale scam to trick travelers into thinking that the SEN or better card brings them into more lounges than the *A nework seems to offer.

Another SQ-esque experience for weero. And time to revalue the ownership of the SEN card.

skywalkerLAX Dec 7, 2007 2:53 pm

In DFW you get an invitation stamp for the airport lounge even when travelling in Y as a SEN or FTL. Inclusive Partner for SEN !

This is only valid when travelling on LH and you must go to the counter since only there they have the stamp available.

red star Dec 7, 2007 6:58 pm

Maybe I`m stupid but LH.com actually states the requirement of a LH bp for lounge access at IAD. I am far from defending the Wolf but to me it sounds pretty clear.

f0zzyNUE Dec 8, 2007 1:23 am

almost all contract lounges i know require a lounge invitation voucher from your airline. usually you get them during checkin. the SEN card alone will not grant you access in these kind of lounges.