FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Please post your M&M award booking experience (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/585381-please-post-your-m-m-award-booking-experience.html)

asienflieger Apr 21, 2008 3:03 pm

Originally Posted by SK AAR (Post 9606880)
How did you book this for 180k miles only? It appears to be 3-region-award in F as you combine Japan/China w/ Thailand/SIN? Nice routing though ^

As I have no flight between this 2 regions in this award booking it is 180.000 miles. From Europe to CentralAsia is 180.000 for a return F ticket as well as from Europe to SouthEastAsia.
If you fly to one region and return from another region with different amounts of miles, Miles & More will charge you the miles for the highest award (Europe-SEA // India-Europe will be 180.000 miles in F).

flo-e Apr 30, 2008 3:02 am

- Which route/airline did you book and which class?
HAM-FRA-BLR (LH) // DEL-VIE-HAM (OS) all in C

- How many pax and how many award miles?
1 passenger, 90,000 miles

- How many days/weeks/months did you book in advance?
2,5 months

- Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?
Yes, however I was flexible with dates. But still, seats were available almost any day.

- Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)?

Yes, very hassle free. Booked online. Except the taxes & fees (252euro) are a lot...

flysurfer Apr 30, 2008 3:08 am

Originally Posted by flo-e (Post 9654878)
Except the taxes & fees (252euro) are a lot...

Well, have the ticket issued in the U.S. and pay in USD, much cheaper.

rampant Apr 30, 2008 3:10 am

Which route/airline did you book and which class?
DRS-MUC-SFO(LH)//SFO-LAS(US)///LAX-JFK(UA)///JFK-FRA-DRS(LH)

1x140,000

2,5 months

Affirmative. However, tried to got to LAX first but juggled it around now. Just didn't want to go through FRA

Well, the first lady told me she could not find a seat on the DRS-MUC flight all day! Hung up and re-dialed - asked for it again and I got the whole routing as planned![B]

Tirreg Apr 30, 2008 6:47 am

- Which route/airline did you book and which class?
FRA - BKK (LH F) - SIN (LX F) - BKK (LX F) - FRA (LH F)

2 passengers, 270,000 miles (Companion Award)

9 months

Yes.

Yes. Just called the SEN hotline, told them the dates of travel and everything was available.

JNBHEL Apr 30, 2008 7:22 am

HEL - FRA - JNB - FRA - HEL (LH F/C)

How many pax and how many award miles?

1 passenger, 140,000 miles (SAA voyager miles)

two weeks

Yes.

Yes, absolutely! Just called the LH to check availability, then SAA to have the award issued.

JNBHEL

Ms. HDPlayer May 1, 2008 9:48 am

ORD-FRA-OSL-FRA-OSL all in LH C

5 passengers, 90,000 LH miles each (courtesy of a very good friend!)

~4 months: booked on 3/7/08 for 7/2/08 departure

Almost - had to shift trip 4 days, but can still make 7/7 to 7/13 Norway cruise

Yes - did all online on LH website. Only tiny glitch is one passenger (me!) doesn't have a seat assignment on one leg.

natureofnorway May 15, 2008 2:13 pm

LHR-FRA-BKK-FRA-OSL all in LH C

1 X 120 000

How many days/weeks/months did you book in advance?

2 weeks

Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?

Yes, exact dates

Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)?

Yes, sent SMS to Runabout asking if he was at work. Replied me next morning. Called me. Waitlisting....a few hours later...Called and confirmed and already assigned me to 9K on both legs. I am extremly happy with what this guy can do...This is the third time he fixes an award for me^^....If u ever quit or start working for another program...Let me know as I have to consider switching too...:D
Krabi here we come...cant wait for a week of relaxation.....

oliver2002 May 16, 2008 7:05 pm

DTW-xFRA-ARN-MUC-xFRA-DTW all in LH C

1 X 90 000 -20% Xmas voucher, 1 INF

4 1/2 weeks

Yes, exact dates

Just researched using LH.com and expertflyer and called the LH US SEN desk. Snatched the last C award seat on the ob IC leg and found a flight with I availability on the IB fro the dates I wanted. Can't believe it myself. The new LH rule of not allowing hold on bookings (or the bad USD/EUR) must be working...

oliver2002 May 28, 2008 11:21 am

A little update on the above post:

after making the award reservation (of course I put on hold, you never know what the She.E.O. may decide otherwise :rolleyes:) I made arrangements for my Z ticket in parallel. On the day the award had to be ticketed I forgot to call in to release for ticketing. I realized this at 23.30 EST and made a frantic call to the US SEN, which of course had already closed for the day. So I proceeded to call the dreaded CPT line. The agent took all the details and supposedly sent the reservation for ticketing. 3 days went by and the reservation was still alive on checkmytrip and LH.com, but no ticket number or confirmation appeared. On day 4 the reservation was cancelled. A few missed heartbeats later (EF.com showed no I availability as expected) I called the SEN line and it turns out the CPT agent made some mistake and the booking never made it to ticketing :(

Surprisingly the agent managed to make a new booking and reinstate all I segments except for the first one which was waitlisted with a note to RM to release an I seat into inventory because LH made a mistake. A few agonizing days of waiting later (in the meantime the flight went from C9D9Z9 to C9D5Z2) the WL cleared last night^ Three cheers to the US SEN line! :)

whiskey_sk May 28, 2008 3:49 pm

BTS-MUC-ICN(lh)-KIX(oz)-AKL/WLG-SYD(nz)/SYD-ICN(oz)-MUC-BTS(lh) all in C

2 X 160 000

8 months

Yes, was flexible enough to take vacation according to availability within the month in question

Checked via ANA tool, and made the reservation using the local BTS LH office telling the agent the exact flight numbers and dates to book, snatching the last O seats for MUC-ICN and KIX-AKL. Was told the booking would hold for 7 days. Next day called US SEN hotline to have it ticketed. 6 days later no charge on CC, no etix number shown in the booking. PMed LHrelate who confirmed my worst fears, telling me some of the segments were to expire the day before, she made a note in the booking to issue ASAP and advised me to call the SEN hotline ASAP. Called the US SEN hotline immediately, the agent confirmed tix not issued yet, re-sent to ticketing and made a note for her manager to verify and make sure it gets ticketed. Next morning etix numbers showed in the booking ^
Jolly good job by the US SEN hotline agent when I called the second time and big thanks to LHrelate!

dreschen May 28, 2008 3:59 pm

MUC/FRA-NYC-SFO LAX-MCO-FRA/MUC in F

2* 140.000 miles

5 Month

Yes, exact dates

Just researched using KVS and called the LH FTL desk. I had a agent in CPT. He did everything I wanted. But during ticketing we had some problems, because CPT reserved more stopover than allowed. After 3 or more calls and using help of a friend, who is M&M employee, we got our tickets. :p

oliver2002 May 29, 2008 8:37 am

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 9789531)
A little update on the above post:

after making the award reservation (of course I put on hold, you never know what the She.E.O. may decide otherwise :rolleyes:) I made arrangements for my Z ticket in parallel. On the day the award had to be ticketed I forgot to call in to release for ticketing. I realized this at 23.30 EST and made a frantic call to the US SEN, which of course had already closed for the day. So I proceeded to call the dreaded CPT line. The agent took all the details and supposedly sent the reservation for ticketing. 3 days went by and the reservation was still alive on checkmytrip and LH.com, but no ticket number or confirmation appeared. On day 4 the reservation was cancelled. A few missed heartbeats later (EF.com showed no I availability as expected) I called the SEN line and it turns out the CPT agent made some mistake and the booking never made it to ticketing :(

Surprisingly the agent managed to make a new booking and reinstate all I segments except for the first one which was waitlisted with a note to RM to release an I seat into inventory because LH made a mistake. A few agonizing days of waiting later (in the meantime the flight went from C9D9Z9 to C9D5Z2) the WL cleared last night^ Three cheers to the US SEN line! :)

The saga continues: three days have passed and no ticket number appears, but my account was hit with a 90k deduction twice :eek: On calling the SEN line it appears the old booking was reinstated too and both tickets were issued :eek:.

szg Jun 25, 2008 4:22 am

SZG-FRA-DXB-MCT-FRA-SZG in C

90.000 miles (60.000 + 30.000 SEN companion)

6 months

Yes, exact dates.

Booked by phone, was waitlisted on my travel dates for 2 flights and it cleared within two hours.

archoftj Jun 25, 2008 5:23 am

1. trip BRE-FRA-LAX-LAS-SAN-LAX-FRA-BRE in C

2. trip BRE-FRA-MEX-SJD-MEX-FRA-BRE in C

1. trip 2 pax 90.000 miles each

2. trip 2 pax 105.000 miles each

1. trip 9 weeks

2. trip 14 weeks

Yes, exact dates for both

Booked by phone, everything went just the way I wanted.