FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Please post your M&M award booking experience (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/585381-please-post-your-m-m-award-booking-experience.html)

irish mark Oct 16, 2010 11:01 am

Ok had a c class reward booked on lh dub to jnb; grabbed it months ago for next march, the a380 came on the route and seats opened up. We really wanted to flt to cpt but any time i checked online i can see no availability at all to cpt and very limited to jnb.

So this morning I said to myself why not phone up the local sen line and see what they say. It turns out that the uk line ( no irish line) is closed on weekends so i phoned up the sen line in Germany. Few guesses later ..wonder what this means...sure I will try press 1 here when some nice recorded voice says something in German and im through to an english speaking consultant. Sorry sir no availability...would u like to try being wait listed. I asked how long would that take ( thinking maybe in a few weeks two seats just might come up) ...and my chances...she tells me to hold on a second and makes a few encouraging noises, she makes a looking good noise and 30 seconds later my wait listing had cleared, not just mine but for two of us. Think she said that I'd the highest fare class was available I would have a good chance...so scored 2 reward ticked to cpt and even got row 1 outbound.

Must say seriously impressed here..

NewbieRunner Oct 17, 2010 5:27 am

Originally Posted by irish mark (Post 14956825)
So this morning I said to myself why not phone up the local sen line and see what they say. It turns out that the uk line ( no irish line) is closed on weekends so i phoned up the sen line in Germany...
...she tells me to hold on a second and makes a few encouraging noises, she makes a looking good noise and 30 seconds later my wait listing had cleared, not just mine but for two of us.

It was just as well the UK number was closed when you tried to call. I came to the conclusion that none of the agent I spoke to via the UK number of the HON Hotline knew how to waitlist for F awards on the A380. After wasting quite a lot of time I eventually called a number in Germany and the waitlist cleared within minutes.

thijsseh Oct 17, 2010 8:22 am

Originally Posted by irish mark (Post 14956825)
Ok had a c class reward booked on lh dub to jnb; grabbed it months ago for next march, the a380 came on the route and seats opened up. We really wanted to flt to cpt but any time i checked online i can see no availability at all to cpt and very limited to jnb.

I would have a good chance...so scored 2 reward ticked to cpt and even got row 1 outbound.

Must say seriously impressed here..

For a moment I though you got even more than you bargained for as I did this trip last year and then row 1 was in F (on a 346). But I see that they use a 744 on the CPT route now.......

NewbieRunner Oct 17, 2010 10:00 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 14960278)
For a moment I though you got even more than you bargained for as I did this trip last year and then row 1 was in F (on a 346). But I see that they use a 744 on the CPT route now.......

I think I got confused (as well?). I thought irish mark was looking for F awards but had to settle for C awards earlier and since he mentioned the A380 I jumped to the conclusion he was waitlisted for F awards on the A380. :o

Still the fact remains that it would be prudent to call Germany if you want awards waitlisted - and more importantly cleared. :p

irish mark Oct 17, 2010 10:07 am

Originally Posted by thijsseh (Post 14960278)

can live in hope; but ive very happy that availability was found. didnt know that they could "convert seats" like that.

SMK77 Dec 6, 2010 4:01 pm

120.000 miles for SQ SIN-EWR/LAX-SIN (both ultra-long-haul A345 flights with all-business class) in April 2011. Taxes close to 400 EUR. There were alternative dates as well while in general availability on those flights is pretty low.

demue Dec 7, 2010 2:23 am

Originally Posted by SMK77 (Post 15394244)
120.000 miles for SQ SIN-EWR/LAX-SIN (both ultra-long-haul A345 flights with all-business class) in April 2011. Taxes close to 400 EUR. There were alternative dates as well while in general availability on those flights is pretty low.

Definitely a nice one and still for the 120K. Book them while you can.

Shofar Dec 7, 2010 6:01 am

I am scheduling a RTW C award starting next July.

No SQ 777 availability in C.
No LX JFK-ZRH availability in C.

No domestic cross country in C on either AC or CO.

No new C on UA 747.

However all in all, I have gotten the stops that I wanted except having to go SEA-EWR in Y, all C. Maybe not the newest or the best but still at this years mileage rates.

Shofar

AHN Dec 14, 2010 2:28 pm

- Which route/airline did you book and which class?

OSL-FRA-NRT-FRA-OSLO on LH in F

- How many pax and how many award miles?

2 for 270K

- How many days/weeks/months did you book in advance?

5 months

- Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?

Yes, within one day on the inbound.

- Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)? How often did you have to check/call until you got the seats?

Very good service: When I first called, the agent said she was unable to waitlist me for O on the A380. I said it was possible to waitlist SENs and HONs, but she told me this was impossible. I thanked her and hung up. A few minutes later the same agent called me and told me she was wrong. A colleague had shown her how to waitlist O for the A380, and it cleared in a few minutes. She called me a third time to give the waitlist a few more minutes to clear on my preferred dates. I'm very impressed that she worked to correct her own mistake. ^

NewbieRunner Dec 14, 2010 2:43 pm

Originally Posted by AHN (Post 15449686)
I'm very impressed that she worked to correct her own mistake. ^

I'm glad to hear it's worked out for you. ^

Looking forward to seeing you both in TYO. :)

hein_b Dec 15, 2010 5:46 am

- Which route/airline did you book and which class?
BSL-ZRH-NRT-FRA-BSL (long-haul outbound in LX F, inbound in LH A380 F, short-haul in LH C)

- How many pax and how many award miles?
2 Pax, 270.000, taxes approx. 338 EUR/passenger

- How many days/weeks/months did you book in advance?
5 months

- Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?
Yes, I even would have had the choice of various dates

- Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)?
How often did you have to check/call until you got the seats?
Very helpful and friendly agent, just had to convince her that as a SEN I should be entitled
to get LH A380 F. Everything then went smoothly.

simonsmith Dec 16, 2010 1:38 am

2x Nov 2011 LHR-JNB-MRU return C SAA 90000 each

Longlegs Dec 16, 2010 2:02 am

Web booked two C FRA-SFO and LAX-FRA+Rail for summer 2011.
90K each. Outbound Swiss via ZUE. Have been unable to book the rail to FRA for the outbound feeder too. Backwards no problem. Straight away LH flights were hard to find first. Had even checked F:). Glad it worked finally.
Colleague had tried to find four eco seats for wife and family to the westcoast next summer. Nothing available at all.

lx343 Dec 20, 2010 8:12 am

just got two f awards for me and my friend on two seperate M&M accounts.

we fly LX F to HKG, HKG-ICN on OZ C, and then LH F ICN-FRA-ZRH.

180'000miles each plus around 450CHF in taxes.

Hotline was very easy and helpful, didnt expect it to be like that.

cant wait for my first F class flight

lx343

dre_techie Dec 22, 2010 3:37 pm

Which route/airline did you book and which class?
LH C OTP-FRA-HKG
How many pax and how many award miles?
2 pax. SEN companion award. Total 180k & $926.28 (708EUR, looks scary in USD)

How many days/weeks/months did you book in advance?
9 months in advance

Have you been able to book your preferred dates of travel?
Nope, booked bogus dates. Will call HON line after reaching status to change.

Were you happy with the award booking procedure (e.g. online/by phone)?
Since I did this when LH had decided to pull ALL award availability online, not really. But I had checked available dates before, and upon calling the SEN line I had these booked in 10 minutes.

How often did you have to check/call until you got the seats?

Just once, short wait on the phone, quick booking.