FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Munich First Class Lounge [MUC FCL] (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/518060-munich-first-class-lounge-muc-fcl.html)

daumueller Mar 6, 2020 10:52 am

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32150111)
Wait, MY child? She is under 18, and (therefore) a child, but she's not mine.

they won’t ask for a birth certificate;)

worldclubber Mar 6, 2020 6:16 pm

Originally Posted by canadiancow (Post 32150111)
Wait, MY child? She is under 18, and (therefore) a child, but she's not mine.

The kids are supposed to be yours, but nobody will check. You can alternatively declare her your “partner”. ;)

chris63 Mar 7, 2020 6:14 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 32151759)
The kids are supposed to be yours, but nobody will check. You can alternatively declare her your “partner”. ;)

This is LH , they are now doing DNA testing at the lounge entrance :D

worldclubber Mar 7, 2020 10:22 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 32152924)
This is LH , they are now doing DNA testing at the lounge entrance :D

They would love to, but I am sure there is some German data protection law that keeps them from doing it. :cool:

MichielR Mar 10, 2020 11:07 am

According to the LH site, thy are closing some lounges in MUC temporary. It is not clear to me what is still open...

As per https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/flight-information

Due to the exceptional circumstances caused by the spread of the coronavirus and the associated decline in demand, Lufthansa is reducing the number of lounge facilities at Munich Airport. The following lounges are still available:

First Class Lounge, Terminal 2

Senator Cafe, Terminal 2

Business and Senator Lounge, Terminal 2

Schengen Area G-Gates and Non-Schengen Area H-Gates

Business and Senator Lounge, Satellite

Schengen Area K-Gates and Non-Schengen Area L-Gates

chris63 Mar 10, 2020 11:56 am

Originally Posted by MichielR (Post 32165121)
According to the LH site, thy are closing some lounges in MUC temporary. It is not clear to me what is still open...

As per https://www.lufthansa.com/xx/en/flight-information

Due to the exceptional circumstances caused by the spread of the coronavirus and the associated decline in demand, Lufthansa is reducing the number of lounge facilities at Munich Airport. The following lounges are still available:

First Class Lounge, Terminal 2

Senator Cafe, Terminal 2

Business and Senator Lounge, Terminal 2

Schengen Area G-Gates and Non-Schengen Area H-Gates

Business and Senator Lounge, Satellite

Schengen Area K-Gates and Non-Schengen Area L-Gates

They told me today that FCL Satellite is closing on Saturday until further notice.

canadiancow Mar 11, 2020 11:32 pm

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 32165339)
They told me today that FCL Satellite is closing on Saturday until further notice.

I was in there last Saturday and they told me it was closing "soon".

Edit: Sign outside the door says it's closing on March 14.

worldclubber Mar 12, 2020 3:15 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 32165339)

I hoped they would leave the nicer Sat lounge open. :(

More lounge closures and restriction of opening hours are already under way, including ZRH and GVA. Guess we will see a lot more once to entry ban to the US shows its full effect.

chris63 Mar 12, 2020 9:07 am

Originally Posted by worldclubber (Post 32173001)
I hoped they would leave the nicer Sat lounge open. :(

I hoped the same, I do understand the capacity issue though, they were both empty on Tuesday & that’s only going to get worse :(

lhrpete Mar 12, 2020 9:22 am

Originally Posted by chris63 (Post 32174266)
I hoped the same, I do understand the capacity issue though, they were both empty on Tuesday & that’s only going to get worse :(

Never mind, you have that nice, empty Aspire lounge now at MAN to make up for it! ;-)

chris63 Mar 12, 2020 3:07 pm

Originally Posted by lhrpete (Post 32174336)
Never mind, you have that nice, empty Aspire lounge now at MAN to make up for it! ;-)

Impossible to put MAN ‘ Aspire’ in any comparison to a LH group FCL , entirely different levels of service

nufnuf77 Jun 30, 2021 5:34 am

Is this lounge now fully reopened? is food and beverage back to pre-lockdown standard? I have an option to route CDG-MUC-FRA-GRU or just CDG-FRA-GRU and trying to decide for 2 weeks' time

oliver2002 Jun 30, 2021 5:43 am

See the FCL restart thread. Openfrom tomorrow (5a-19:45p) same service level as in FRA.

NYC1 Jun 30, 2021 9:50 am

Originally Posted by nufnuf77 (Post 33369515)
Is this lounge now fully reopened? is food and beverage back to pre-lockdown standard? I have an option to route CDG-MUC-FRA-GRU or just CDG-FRA-GRU and trying to decide for 2 weeks' time

I know that in the "best of times" of plentiful ducks, Champagne and bubble baths some people would do that (I wouldn't but to each their own), but why would you consider doing this these days? I have read nothing during the last 16 months that the LH experience on the ground is remotely close to what it used to be and frankly it's nothing to get excited about and it's asking for trouble (imagine there's some issue with your flight to FRA?). In fact, I'd avoid LH until it's fully sorted out.

nufnuf77 Jun 30, 2021 11:22 am

Originally Posted by NYC1 (Post 33370155)
I know that in the "best of times" of plentiful ducks, Champagne and bubble baths some people would do that (I wouldn't but to each their own), but why would you consider doing this these days? I have read nothing during the last 16 months that the LH experience on the ground is remotely close to what it used to be and frankly it's nothing to get excited about and it's asking for trouble (imagine there's some issue with your flight to FRA?). In fact, I'd avoid LH until it's fully sorted out.

I have been flying lufthansa longhaul every month to south america - as I cannot transit via USA and I would NEVER take IBERIA (famous last words....) I just booked 14 july CDG-FRA-ZRH-GRU as it has been a while since i did the LX F since Jan