Life-long Senator status [merged lifetime SEN]

Search this Thread

Old Dec 24, 2013, 3:19 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by juan516
... what is the maximum of stars ???...
maximum is 5, but currently max achieved (HON) could be 3. I have 2 also, and they show on my new again extended (life-time) SEN card (valid until feb 16).

Regarding perks for Stars: miles&more did announce in october 2013, that they will inform about (possible?) perks for Stars in early 2014. I am waiting for this.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 7:41 am

Programs: LH 1*SEN
Originally Posted by Rudi
maximum is 5, but currently max achieved (HON) could be 3. I have 2 also, and they show on my new again extended (life-time) SEN card (valid until feb 16).

Regarding perks for Stars: miles&more did announce in october 2013, that they will inform about (possible?) perks for Stars in early 2014. I am waiting for this.
Exactly! ^
Old Dec 24, 2013, 3:13 pm

rudi, with all respect, but this is exactly what they have ruled out: additional benefits for stars !
what they have anounced to be unvailed in jan is some more recognition for their "most valued customers", and, from all we know now, it's gonna be the pax paying insane money for highest classes of a mediocre (at best) product, not for frequent clients as we knew it...
welcome to the new age of FT programs.
Old Dec 24, 2013, 5:17 pm

Originally Posted by sunseeker
rudi, with all respect, but this is exactly what they have ruled out: additional benefits for stars !
Do you really think LH is that crazy? To take their best and most loyal decades customers for fools and idiots? NO! I am NOT willing to believe that!
Old Dec 25, 2013, 2:50 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK

I think the heady possibility of further (?) perks was focused on valued passengers, rather than star-struck passengers.

Now the bestarred could be a subset of the valued. But I doubt it: a number of the starry ones might find themselves valued - but for most of us, the stars are our final horizon.
Old Dec 25, 2013, 12:14 pm

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
maximum is 5, but currently max achieved (HON) could be 3.
What does that mean ?

SEN existed 4016 days before HON did and HON is now 3615 days old. So the
"best HON" can have 8032+10845 points or 3 STARS.
So where does the 5 come from?
Old Dec 25, 2013, 12:35 pm

Originally Posted by weero
What does that mean ?

SEN existed 4016 days before HON did and HON is now 3615 days old. So the
"best HON" can have 8032+10845 points or 3 STARS.
So where does the 5 come from?
5 is the maximum to achieve (in the future). By now, there is NOONE with 5 stars and 3 is the current maximum (as you said).
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:39 am

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
Life time Senator

My Dad is a Senator with LH since 2000 and has over 3 Mil. Status miles ans is over the age of 60 can anyone advise how to get lifetime status

Thanks

Last edited by solma; Oct 30, 2014 at 8:47 am
Old Oct 27, 2014, 6:56 am
Original Member
Original Poster

Programs: miles&more, MileagePlus
Originally Posted by solma
My Dad is a Senator with LH since 2010 and is over the age of 60 can anyone advise how to get lifetime status

Thanks
in the 'old' days, life time SEN status was granted on request only when:

- 10 years uninterrupted SEN (at age > 60 & at the time of application to be 'granted' that lifetime status) &
- min 1.000.000 status miles&more miles accrued
- no automatisme, costumer must apply

it seems that a year ago now, that request possibility for being 'automatically granted lifetime Sen status disappeared (and your Dad, being a SEN 'only' since 2010, has also not yet fulfilled the 10 years of uninterrupted SEN status).

Last edited by Rudi; Oct 27, 2014 at 7:08 am
Old Oct 28, 2014, 8:22 am

Programs: KrisFlyer Gold>>>Silver>>>Blue, Finnair Silver, Royal Caribbean Diamond
in the 'old' days, life time SEN status was granted on request only when:

- 10 years uninterrupted SEN (at age > 60 & at the time of application to be 'granted' that lifetime status) &
- min 1.000.000 status miles&more miles accrued
- no automatisme, costumer must apply

it seems that a year ago now, that request possibility for being 'automatically granted lifetime Sen status disappeared (and your Dad, being a SEN 'only' since 2010, has also not yet fulfilled the 10 years of uninterrupted SEN status).
My father became lifetime SEN back in 2012 and the letter he received highlighted that he had been SEN for over 10 years and had accumulated over 1 mln status miles. It also stated that the min. age was 60 for this status.

He did not send in any request beforehand (as we had no clue that such a scheme even existed, let alone that he had fulfilled all criteria) - he actually received an invitation letter to join.
Old Oct 30, 2014, 8:48 am

Programs: United 1K, EL AL Silver
sorry i ment to write since 2000 he is a senator for 14 years with 3 mil. Status miles
Old Oct 31, 2014, 9:19 am

Programs: LH SEN/*G
I'm looking for a point of clarification, that I haven't found from trawling this thread.

I have:
  • Ten years uninterrupted SEN
  • >1m Status Miles earned

but I'm a few decades off being 60. So my question is, do the 10 years of uninterrupted SEN need to start from age >50 years, or just 10 years of uninterrupted SEN during your entire LH M&M 'career'?

I'm not intending to still be flying >100k miles a year when I'm 59....
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:01 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller
I'm looking for a point of clarification, that I haven't found from trawling this thread.

I have:

but I'm a few decades off being 60. So my question is, do the 10 years of uninterrupted SEN need to start from age >50 years, or just 10 years of uninterrupted SEN during your entire LH M&M 'career'?
There are - as far as I know- no "fixed" rules. I never heard that 1m miles or 10 years SEN would "qualify" for Lifetime SEN. I even would doubt it that it's so easy to get the lefetime SEN.
Old Oct 31, 2014, 10:53 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON, BA Gold, EK Gold
Originally Posted by BristolTraveller

I have:

I'm not intending to still be flying >100k miles a year when I'm 59....
Dr Huber confirmed last night tha the lifetime status has not been scrapped.
Tehnically you do however need ten years uninterupted SENhood before you reach the age of 60.
Lots of flying in your 50's then!
Old Oct 31, 2014, 2:51 pm

Originally Posted by Rambuster
Dr Huber confirmed last night tha the lifetime status has not been scrapped.
Tehnically you do however need ten years uninterupted SENhood before you reach the age of 60.
Lots of flying in your 50's then!
Do you know if you need to apply or is it automatic?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.