FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Survey: should visitors be allowed to the First cabin? (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2136901-survey-should-visitors-allowed-first-cabin.html)

Raul_R Sep 30, 2023 11:41 am

Bad idea.
(Even small F, but it is still available and it is CLASS ITSELF).
Replacing it with bar is just waste of money.
Even if they will charge for the drinks in such bar (also terrible idea), it will not generate revenue as F seats will.

Raul_R Sep 30, 2023 11:46 am

I also answered that Co-creaton hub "idea" with ABSOLUTE NO.
Firstclass MUST stay as it is. Class itself. And everybody should belong to the class they did purchase.

Actually I am quite sure, that sooner or later decision makers will find out, that 3,5 seats F on circumstacies, where as decribed by somebody here earlier "usually there are 3 F-fare paying clients on every plane", will cause LOT of problems due the lack of space for maneuvring.
I also sometimes fly full F fare. And the main reason is to be sure, that I can change my plans frankly on any minute as F (not A) is 99% available on any moment.
If on the plane is only 3 seats (that 1,5 can not to be sold in different bookings anyway), there will be almost immedeatley lack of the flexibility for all pax.
Who after that will move their money to another airline with F.
As currently there is no new F cabin even yet built, hopefully decisionmakers udnerstand it and we will see still 2 rows F cabins.

hugolover Sep 30, 2023 1:22 pm

If Allegris is going to be so few seats, it would be easily possible to book the cabin out and then have free roam to invite guests. I doubt the crew would refuse. With a full cabin, those of you relegated to C will be hoping for an invite from one of the Premium F pax to enjoy the luxury libations and the exclusive ambience.

chris63 Oct 1, 2023 2:13 am

Originally Posted by hugolover (Post 35625604)
If Allegris is going to be so few seats, it would be easily possible to book the cabin out and then have free roam to invite guests. I doubt the crew would refuse. With a full cabin, those of you relegated to C will be hoping for an invite from one of the Premium F pax to enjoy the luxury libations and the exclusive ambience.

Yes, that is clearly the way forward, i would be happy to invite you to my Party in Allegris suites.

Then we can start a M&M First suites Party meeting thread, HTH, :D

I have been scratching my head wondering where the rational was for Allegris but now it’s clear. :D

Harper50505 Oct 1, 2023 4:42 am

I can't see me ever choosing to fly F with LH because I have a choice, I have though answered the survey.

In F on another airline earlier this year - between LHR-SIN, I witnessed another passenger ask if a friend from whY might join him for a while. The crew member explained that it wasn't possible and that if they wished to meet, she could find him a spare seat in whY for a few minutes.

Nothing more was said and AFAIK, the meeting didn't take place. I remember years ago on that same airline, before I understood how they work being foolish enough to ask if a colleague who was in whY on a sector from PER-SIN could join me for a drink in business and I got a very firm no although it was coupled with the usual smile.

That's how it should be, anything else devalues the product.