FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Lufthansa Interline with Qatar on separate itinerary (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2081874-lufthansa-interline-qatar-separate-itinerary.html)

btang Jun 5, 2022 8:48 am

Lufthansa Interline with Qatar on separate itinerary

Just wanted to check for example for I'm flying from FRA-ZRH on Lufthansa and ZRH-DOH on Qatar on separate itineraries, will Lufthansa be able to tag the bag all the way to Doha? Or do I need to collect the bags in Zurich and re-check in?

daumueller Jun 5, 2022 11:02 am

They can but have no obligation… so all depends on the agent etc

SK AAR Jun 5, 2022 1:55 pm

Unlikely as it is not star alliance; but give it a try,

vantage03 Jun 5, 2022 2:26 pm

I actually find LH Group surprisingly flexible on this. I regularly check through bags LH/LX through to EK on a separate ticket and there’s never been pushback.
That said, I’m always flying a premium cabin and have status, so ymmv. You can definitely try.

simonsmith Sep 17, 2022 8:56 am

Originally Posted by btang (Post 34308931)
Just wanted to check for example for I'm flying from FRA-ZRH on Lufthansa and ZRH-DOH on Qatar on separate itineraries, will Lufthansa be able to tag the bag all the way to Doha? Or do I need to collect the bags in Zurich and re-check in?

Did you manage to do this?

Pieter Kleynhans Mar 15, 2024 7:20 am

bag checkthrough with lufthansa then qatar

Hi All

would appreciate some advice if bag check would be possible otherwise i will go with cabin baggage only.
i am travelling from LHR on 20/03 with lufthansa on LH921, LAND IN FRANKFURT AT 09:05
my next flight is from FRA on 20/03 with qatar on QR070 is at 10:35
my final flight is from DOH on 20/03 with Qatar on QR556 is at 20:45

so my question is if i could use lufthansa checkin at LHR and ask them to check my bag through without having to pick it up in FRA to my final destination of BOM?

many thanks

Deckter Mar 15, 2024 7:26 am

LH will not check your bag on a separate PNR to an OW airline.

athome Mar 15, 2024 9:20 am

1h30 from LH to QR on 2 seperate tickets (even with hand luggage only): impossible!!

supine Mar 15, 2024 9:26 am

Originally Posted by athome (Post 36082681)
1h30 from LH to QR on 2 seperate tickets (even with hand luggage only): impossible!!

This TBH.

You need to change terminals, go through security at the gate. and that is presuming you can OLCI.

OP, if you try this you are braver than I am...

scottishpoet Mar 15, 2024 10:25 am

Originally Posted by Pieter Kleynhans (Post 36082364)
Hi All

would appreciate some advice if bag check would be possible otherwise i will go with cabin baggage only.
i am travelling from LHR on 20/03 with lufthansa on LH921, LAND IN FRANKFURT AT 09:05
my next flight is from FRA on 20/03 with qatar on QR070 is at 10:35
my final flight is from DOH on 20/03 with Qatar on QR556 is at 20:45

so my question is if i could use lufthansa checkin at LHR and ask them to check my bag through without having to pick it up in FRA to my final destination of BOM?

many thanks

Was this booked as one booking lhr fra doh...
or two bookings, lhr fra then fra doh ...??

Fabo.sk Mar 15, 2024 10:35 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 36082834)
Was this booked as one booking lhr fra doh...
or two bookings, lhr fra then fra doh ...??

Definitely not one booking.

scottishpoet Mar 15, 2024 11:14 am

Originally Posted by Fabo.sk (Post 36082870)
Definitely not one booking.

how do you know? does it fail fra mct? I often get bookings *A onto QR in waw, vie, muc, fra and reverse all on one booking with my bag checked through. Granted my start point is not lhr, but i have no doubt a ta could book that on one ticket provided it meets fra mct

supine Mar 15, 2024 11:22 am

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 36082975)
how do you know? does it fail fra mct? I often get bookings *A onto QR in waw, vie, muc, fra and reverse all on one booking with my bag checked through. Granted my start point is not lhr, but i have no doubt a ta could book that on one ticket provided it meets fra mct

Someone would not be expressing uncertainty of through-checking a bag if it wasn't separate tickets.

And MCT means something completely different for a single ticket with protection vs separate tickets with no protection.

Fabo.sk Mar 15, 2024 12:03 pm

Originally Posted by scottishpoet (Post 36082975)

LH doesn't interline to QR. niether LH nor QR sell this itinerary.

scottishpoet Mar 15, 2024 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by supine (Post 36082991)
And MCT means something completely different for a single ticket with protection vs separate tickets with no protection.

this i know, i was asking how people knew it was separate tickets and if mct was the give away as you would not be able to sell a through ticket below mct.