Wiki Posts
Search

Lufthansa Interline with Qatar on separate itinerary

Search this Thread

Old Jun 5, 2022, 8:48 am
Original Poster

Programs: CX SL, Hyatt Explorist, Hilton HHonors Diamond
Lufthansa Interline with Qatar on separate itinerary

Just wanted to check for example for I'm flying from FRA-ZRH on Lufthansa and ZRH-DOH on Qatar on separate itineraries, will Lufthansa be able to tag the bag all the way to Doha? Or do I need to collect the bags in Zurich and re-check in?
Old Jun 5, 2022, 11:02 am

Programs: LH HON
They can but have no obligation… so all depends on the agent etc
Old Jun 5, 2022, 1:55 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
Unlikely as it is not star alliance; but give it a try,
Old Jun 5, 2022, 2:26 pm

Programs: LH HON, QF CL, SQ TPPS, AF Plat, VS Gold, VA Plat, EK Gold, HH Diamond, WoH Globalist, Marriott Plat
I actually find LH Group surprisingly flexible on this. I regularly check through bags LH/LX through to EK on a separate ticket and there’s never been pushback.
That said, I’m always flying a premium cabin and have status, so ymmv. You can definitely try.
chris63 likes this.
Old Sep 17, 2022, 8:56 am

Programs: KLM Plat for Life , BA Gold, HH Silver, (Other half Diamond), IHG Gold
Originally Posted by btang
Just wanted to check for example for I'm flying from FRA-ZRH on Lufthansa and ZRH-DOH on Qatar on separate itineraries, will Lufthansa be able to tag the bag all the way to Doha? Or do I need to collect the bags in Zurich and re-check in?
Did you manage to do this?
Old Mar 15, 2024, 7:20 am

bag checkthrough with lufthansa then qatar

Hi All

would appreciate some advice if bag check would be possible otherwise i will go with cabin baggage only.
i am travelling from LHR on 20/03 with lufthansa on LH921, LAND IN FRANKFURT AT 09:05
my next flight is from FRA on 20/03 with qatar on QR070 is at 10:35
my final flight is from DOH on 20/03 with Qatar on QR556 is at 20:45

so my question is if i could use lufthansa checkin at LHR and ask them to check my bag through without having to pick it up in FRA to my final destination of BOM?

many thanks
Old Mar 15, 2024, 7:26 am

Programs: OW Sapphire, *A Gold
LH will not check your bag on a separate PNR to an OW airline.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:20 am

Programs: LH HON*****, AF/KL Gold; HHilton Diamond; Marriott Gold; IHG Platinium; Avis PresClub
1h30 from LH to QR on 2 seperate tickets (even with hand luggage only): impossible!!
Old Mar 15, 2024, 9:26 am

Programs: LH SEN
Originally Posted by athome
1h30 from LH to QR on 2 seperate tickets (even with hand luggage only): impossible!!
This TBH.

You need to change terminals, go through security at the gate. and that is presuming you can OLCI.

OP, if you try this you are braver than I am...
athome and DiamondMile like this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:25 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Pieter Kleynhans
Hi All

would appreciate some advice if bag check would be possible otherwise i will go with cabin baggage only.
i am travelling from LHR on 20/03 with lufthansa on LH921, LAND IN FRANKFURT AT 09:05
my next flight is from FRA on 20/03 with qatar on QR070 is at 10:35
my final flight is from DOH on 20/03 with Qatar on QR556 is at 20:45

so my question is if i could use lufthansa checkin at LHR and ask them to check my bag through without having to pick it up in FRA to my final destination of BOM?

many thanks
Was this booked as one booking lhr fra doh...
or two bookings, lhr fra then fra doh ...??
Old Mar 15, 2024, 10:35 am

Programs: Der 5* FTL
Originally Posted by scottishpoet
Was this booked as one booking lhr fra doh...
or two bookings, lhr fra then fra doh ...??
Definitely not one booking.
Deckter likes this.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 11:14 am

Programs: BAEC Silver, Miles and More(FTL), IHG(Platinum), Accor, HHonors(Diamond), SPG, Hertz Five Star
Originally Posted by Fabo.sk
Definitely not one booking.
how do you know? does it fail fra mct? I often get bookings *A onto QR in waw, vie, muc, fra and reverse all on one booking with my bag checked through. Granted my start point is not lhr, but i have no doubt a ta could book that on one ticket provided it meets fra mct
Old Mar 15, 2024, 11:22 am

Programs: LH SEN
how do you know? does it fail fra mct? I often get bookings *A onto QR in waw, vie, muc, fra and reverse all on one booking with my bag checked through. Granted my start point is not lhr, but i have no doubt a ta could book that on one ticket provided it meets fra mct
Someone would not be expressing uncertainty of through-checking a bag if it wasn't separate tickets.

And MCT means something completely different for a single ticket with protection vs separate tickets with no protection.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:03 pm

Programs: Der 5* FTL
LH doesn't interline to QR. niether LH nor QR sell this itinerary.
Old Mar 15, 2024, 12:41 pm

Originally Posted by supine
And MCT means something completely different for a single ticket with protection vs separate tickets with no protection.
this i know, i was asking how people knew it was separate tickets and if mct was the give away as you would not be able to sell a through ticket below mct.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.