FlyerTalk Forums

FlyerTalk Forums (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/index.php)
-   Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more-495/)
-   -   Covid 19: Lufthansa lounges reopening/status (https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/lufthansa-austrian-swiss-brussels-lot-other-partners-miles-more/2020608-covid-19-lufthansa-lounges-reopening-status.html)

sophialite Oct 10, 2020 2:08 pm

Been getting in just fine with my US passport and UK residence permit

chris63 Oct 10, 2020 2:26 pm

Originally Posted by view (Post 32737841)
Very happy to hear German border control doing their job and denying your selfish attempt to break the rules to enter a lounge of all things.

We are talking about within the same airport complex & not leaving it :rolleyes:

oliver2002 Oct 10, 2020 5:34 pm

Originally Posted by zeer0 (Post 32734308)
Yup, I can relate. I didn't mind that much because MUC was a ghost town both times I went through T2 a few months ago, BUT FRA was still very busy at the US gates, and still not a single non-Schengen lounge open. Completely unacceptable!

The FRA NS SEN lounge in B is open.

hdogan Oct 10, 2020 6:20 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 32738234)

Isn't it only open until 4 PM? From what I see, the only FRA lounge option after 4 PM is SEN A.

SFO777 Oct 10, 2020 8:28 pm

Originally Posted by hdogan (Post 32738299)
Isn't it only open until 4 PM?

Correct. Dragons make a "we are closing at 4pm" announcement at 3:45pm.

UAPremierGuy Oct 10, 2020 9:55 pm

Originally Posted by oliver2002 (Post 32738234)

Are they letting Business Class passengers in? I am flying LH Business between BEG-FRA-ORD this week, but only have *S status at the moment. I do have an AMEX Platinum Card if that helps (and dual Austrian citzenship, I guess, if worse comes to worse to cross into the Schengen area).

Buffles Oct 10, 2020 10:25 pm

Hello, I am a G*A and booked on Lufthansa ticket, Business on Z Class with route DFW-ORD (UA), ORD-FRA(LH), FRA-AUH (Etihad).
I have been told by someone (who flew on interline LH/Etihad) that I have to collect boarding pass for Etihad at FRA airport which only can be done 2hours before departure at the Gate counter.

I have 8hrs layover at FRA, can I access Senator Lounge at FRA with air ticket if I don't have boarding pass of Etihad in hand?

Appreciate your input for those who experienced interline travel of LH and its partner especially Etihad.

San Gottardo Oct 10, 2020 11:28 pm

Bumping my own question as i'll be travelling later today:

Quick questions on MUC as things change all the time:
  • HON are still in the Senator cafe? Because LH Lounge Site also states “First Class Lounge”. Bit confusing
  • Is the HON parking in front of T2 working where I can drop my rental car and they bring it back (AVIS)?

Thanks

oliver2002 Oct 11, 2020 5:32 am

Originally Posted by UAPremierGuy (Post 32738614)
Are they letting Business Class passengers in? I am flying LH Business between BEG-FRA-ORD this week, but only have *S status at the moment. I do have an AMEX Platinum Card if that helps (and dual Austrian citzenship, I guess, if worse comes to worse to cross into the Schengen area).

Yes its open to C pax.

sophialite Oct 12, 2020 3:44 am

Originally Posted by sophialite (Post 32737891)
Been getting in just fine with my US passport and UK residence permit

And I got in yesterday just fine.

Fully acknowledging this might change as of Jan 1 if a Brexit deal isn't reached...

theKrafty1tar Oct 13, 2020 5:57 am

I’ve got another question for you guys-

With LAX losing F this winter I was rebooked in F on LX with an additional stop in FRA in January. Routing is SFO-ZRH-FRA-WRO (originally booked SFO-LAX-FRA-WRO).

Which lounge would I have access to in FRA? I’m assuming just the senator lounge since I’m not flying LH F, any insight?

more4less Oct 13, 2020 6:15 am

Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar (Post 32743938)
I’ve got another question for you guys-

With LAX losing F this winter I was rebooked in F on LX with an additional stop in FRA in January. Routing is SFO-ZRH-FRA-WRO (originally booked SFO-LAX-FRA-WRO).

Which lounge would I have access to in FRA? I’m assuming just the senator lounge since I’m not flying LH F, any insight?

You will have access to the FCL because your TATL trip, on the same ticket, is on LX F

elsenor Oct 14, 2020 5:03 am

Originally Posted by zeer0 (Post 32734308)
Yup, I can relate. I didn't mind that much because MUC was a ghost town both times I went through T2 a few months ago, BUT FRA was still very busy at the US gates, and still not a single non-Schengen lounge open. Completely unacceptable!

I agree, just would've been nice to shower after our 5hr drive to Chicago, overnight flight, and 4hrs in MUC. Not to mention there were no food options open except for the coffee stand place. It definitely felt like a ghost time on our inbound. Outbound was a *little* bit busier (and one restaurant open), but overall still quite deserted feeling. No complaints there!

theKrafty1tar Oct 16, 2020 8:23 pm

Wondering whether the lounge in Boston is kept open for the Swiss evening flight. Flying In F, BOS-ZRH, next week and the website shows the lounge as being open from 14:30-17:00. Swiss flight departs around 20:00. Has anybody taken this flight since Swiss resumed service to Boston?

cfischer Oct 17, 2020 1:09 pm

Originally Posted by theKrafty1tar (Post 32753272)
Wondering whether the lounge in Boston is kept open for the Swiss evening flight. Flying In F, BOS-ZRH, next week and the website shows the lounge as being open from 14:30-17:00. Swiss flight departs around 20:00. Has anybody taken this flight since Swiss resumed service to Boston?

so far not the case. Probably not worth keeping it open since the time difference between the FRA and ZRH flights is too great with no MUC flight in-between. Would assume LX set up an arrangement with another lounge that is staying open later. Please report back!
Also, no LH flight on Fridays at all, so there is that problem with LX flying Fr/Su only