Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Brussels SN Longhaul A330 Fleet

Search this Thread

Old Sep 11, 2019, 11:56 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Brussels SN Longhaul A330 Fleet

So as I understand it, there's currently five configurations out there for these 14 birds: (15, but one Eurowings is stored)

A330-200s with 22 seats in 1-2-1 and 2-1-2 alternating
  • OO-SFT
  • OO-SFU
  • OO-SFZ
ex-CX planes with 16 seats configured 1-2-1
  • OO-SFB
ex-SQ planes with 30 seats configured 2-2-2 sloped seats
  • OO-SFE
  • OO-SFF
  • OO-SFG
Eurowings planes with 30 seats configured 2-2-2 (flat?) seats
  • OO-SFJ
  • OO-SFK
  • OO-SFL
original SN config of 1-2-1 alternating 2-1-2
  • OO-SFW
  • OO-SFX
new "LX" config with 1-2-1 alternating 2-2-1
  • OO-SFC
  • OO-SFD

Did I get it right?

Last edited by ironmanjt; Sep 14, 2019 at 7:31 am
Old Sep 12, 2019, 5:20 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
It gets even more complicated. There is a nice overview here: https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels

As the S19 schedule is coming to an end the remaining A330 will be retrofitted to the new interior.
Old Sep 12, 2019, 7:05 am
Original Poster

Programs: UA GS, AS MVP 100K, DL Diamond, Marriot Lifetime Titanium, AmEx Centurion
Originally Posted by oliver2002
It gets even more complicated. There is a nice overview here: https://sites.google.com/site/lhgroupfleet/brussels
Super - fantastic resource - thanks for the point. Looks like there's only two ex-SQ 2-2-2s still out there, so chances are less than 10% of that garbage.

(Ironic, because two months ago I ....gasp.... flew Norwegian and got one and considered it a major upgrade)
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:16 am

SN OO-SFZ - Retrofitted with the "new" business class?

I'm scheduled to fly BRU-IAD tomorrow on SN515 in J/C, do you know if OO-SFZ has been retrofitted?
The seat map appears to be 5 rows, 1 2 1 and 2 1 2.
Old Sep 13, 2019, 4:27 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
SFZ has the business class that was retrofitted in 2012. Its the Vantage seat also found in the LX and OS business class, fitted around 2010-12.
Old Sep 14, 2019, 7:35 am
Original Poster

Just got a plane swap from SFF to SFW....fingers crossed it sticks! For a daytime flight, any advantage to 1A over 3K?

edit: Nm...now it's back to SFX - which is SQ but APPEARS to have been refitted to the Vantage? how many times can a plane swap in the last 48 hours LOL

Last edited by ironmanjt; Sep 14, 2019 at 9:34 am
Old Sep 23, 2019, 4:07 am

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Just got a plane swap from SFF to SFW....fingers crossed it sticks! For a daytime flight, any advantage to 1A over 3K?

edit: Nm...now it's back to SFX - which is SQ but APPEARS to have been refitted to the Vantage? how many times can a plane swap in the last 48 hours LOL
Thanks for putting this together. As someone who's currently commuting between Rwanda/Uganda and Europe with SN it's very helpful... playing the What-seat-layout-am-I-getting-today? game every time get's a bit tiring.

Did you end up flying on the SFX? And if yes, is it the 2-1-2/1-2-1 layout as per your overview or the ex-SQ 2-2-2 layout as per oliver2002's link?
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:19 am
Original Member, Ambassador: External Miles and Points Resources

Location: Digital Nomad Wandering the Earth - Currently in LIMA, PERU
Brussels Airlines A330 Business Class Mystery

I just got around to writing up a recent business class flight on Brussels Airlines from JFK-BRU and realized we must have been on an oddly configured A330. It was all 1-2-1 herringbone rather than the SWISS staggered rows.

Is this simply the old configuration? I've googled it but can't find anything.

Thanks!

Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:22 am

Programs: LH HON
See here
https://www.flyertalk.com/forum/luft...330-fleet.html
Old Sep 23, 2019, 6:28 am

Originally Posted by daumueller
Oh wow. THANKS!

All the TITAN bloggers make it seem like there is only 1 config....as does SeatGuru.

Sigh, why does the internet lie!?

Only FlyerTalk tells the truth.

ETA: Looks like we were on OO-SFC

Last edited by kokonutz; Sep 23, 2019 at 7:00 am
Old Sep 23, 2019, 11:20 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by js200
Thanks for putting this together. As someone who's currently commuting between Rwanda/Uganda and Europe with SN it's very helpful... playing the What-seat-layout-am-I-getting-today? game every time get's a bit tiring.

Did you end up flying on the SFX? And if yes, is it the 2-1-2/1-2-1 layout as per your overview or the ex-SQ 2-2-2 layout as per oliver2002's link?
I did indeed fly SFX, and it's the 2-1-2/1-2-1 layout....I was very happy in 3A

Unfortunately, I got SFF and the joys that came with it on the redeye back....very unhappy!
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:39 am

Posted about the flight here: https://readyjetroam.com/brussels-ai...sels-to-porto/

We were on a business class fare that had been BUD-MUC-IAD on LH and then JFK-BRU-BUD on Brussels. But in Brussels we changed our onward flight to Porto Portugal.

Brussels business class on that aircraft is really good. The seats are great and the food and service were perfect.

And of course I provided a link back to this thread for people who read that post and are wondering about the various business class configurations on Brussels Airlines. FlyerTalk is the BEST.

Disclaimer: that link is to an article I wrote on a website in which I have a financial interest.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 10:51 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kokonutz
We were on a business class fare that had been BUD-MUC-IAD on LH and then JFK-BRU-BUD on Brussels. But in Brussels we changed our onward flight to Porto Portugal.
Curious how you managed to just "trade in" without having them reprice the ticket to Porto.
Old Sep 26, 2019, 11:01 am

Originally Posted by ironmanjt
Curious how you managed to just "trade in" without having them reprice the ticket to Porto.
It was an odd process that I still don't quite understand and that's why I didn't write about it.

It was a United ticket so we had to call UA from BRU. We had already changed the return ticket once (and paid the rate and change fee). So we were on the phone with them for about 45 minutes as the agent kept checking with the rate desk and the rate desk couldnt figure out how to change it again.

In the end we just canceled the BRU-BUD segment and were charged 15k miles each for the BRU-OPO segment so it became an economy award ticket...but in Flex&Fast 'business class' seats...I think maybe because the agent made that happen coming off of the paid business class segment...? Dunno!!
Old Sep 26, 2019, 11:09 am
Original Poster

Originally Posted by kokonutz
In the end we just canceled the BRU-BUD segment and were charged 15k miles each for the BRU-OPO segment so it became an economy award ticket...but in Flex&Fast 'business class' seats...I think maybe because the agent made that happen coming off of the paid business class segment...? Dunno!!
Ah, gotcha. I know a couple people who've skipped the last segment and eventually got a bill from UA for a fare difference, usually outrageous because ending in a hub is more expensive. Hopefully UA formally cancelled it for you so yo won't have to worry that might happen!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.