Go Back  FlyerTalk Forums > Miles&Points > Airlines and Mileage Programs > Lufthansa, Austrian, Swiss, Brussels, LOT and Other Partners | Miles & More
Reload this Page >

Gazeta Polska [available in LOT lounges] to distribute "LGBT-FREE ZONE" stickers

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Gazeta Polska [available in LOT lounges] to distribute "LGBT-FREE ZONE" stickers

Search this Thread

Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:34 am
Original Poster

The Polish conservative newspaper, Gazeta Polska, has said it will distribute "LGBT-free zone" stickers with its next issue.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49037275

As you may know "Gazeta Polska" is one of a few newspapers distributed in LOT Lounges and onboard their airplanes, so if you are interested in witnessing a neo-nazi style propaganda in 21st century, they possibly have you covered. In case you would like to express your gratitude: https://www.facebook.com/PllLOT/
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:56 am

This has nothing to do with LOT, you got the wrong forum (unless you wish to discuss this in the OMNI section).

G
mmff, Isochronous and hugolover like this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 11:56 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Apart from the fact that Poland isn’t a Far Left stronghold anymore (beautiful Communism loved by the Western Left, murdered millions, has been defeated) LOT will do no such thing!

How can they? When many of their male cabin crew are gay? Like any carrier.

Lets not be ridiculous.

Basia is purveyor of Lindors (currently out of stock) not of Hate.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:06 pm

Also, the thread’s header is deep BS territory (not to say inflammatory) and literally states that LOT is to distribute such stickers. The thread has already been reported and I suggest the OP to drink a few pints of water instead of high % spirits in such hot weather conditions.

G
hugolover, airoli and Dover2Golf like this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:12 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by AlicorporateUK
Also, the thread’s header is deep BS territory (not to say inflammatory) and literally states that LOT is to distribute such stickers. The thread has already been reported and I suggest the OP to drink a few pints of water instead of high % spirits in such hot weather conditions.

G
What do you expect? When Basia fills her lounge with premium Do&Co desserts that the OP doesn’t realise how popular she is with Members of the Club?!

Rather than Basia being a pariah of the Club, I would say she is a peak attraction.

Do&Co desserts and Lallier plonk, hook it to my veins!
AlicorporateUK and iLied like this.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 12:28 pm
TPJ

Programs: TK*G (E+), IHG Plat Ambassador
Finally a meaningful LO thread. Why to discuss Dreamliners, MAX'ex, cancelations, BUD 'hub' insanity, yet another summer from hell, when we can discuss stickers provided by a newspaper available in the lounges.
Old Jul 23, 2019, 1:32 pm

Oh boy. The newspaper selection in Polonez really does seem to deserve it's own FB profile (klapa bemera as well).
Old Jul 23, 2019, 10:54 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA 1K
Maybe Basia's plan it to get some people to boycott so there will be some seats available in the lounge.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 12:17 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Hilton, IHG - BA, GA, LH, QR, SV, TK
Originally Posted by zdeneksme
The Polish conservative newspaper, Gazeta Polska, has said it will distribute "LGBT-free zone" stickers with its next issue.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-49037275

As you may know "Gazeta Polska" is one of a few newspapers distributed in LOT Lounges and onboard their airplanes, so if you are interested in witnessing a neo-nazi style propaganda in 21st century, they possibly have you covered. In case you would like to express your gratitude: https://www.facebook.com/PllLOT/

Sorry you ran into a shower of florid criticism for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully the airline is fully aware of this shameful publicity stunt by Sakiewicz.

The stickers represent distasteful propaganda from a reactionary group through its right-wing rag. I'd rather hoped such malice, a clear incitement to hatred based on life-style, was as unlawful as it is despicable within Europe. I'd hope the airline is aware of the situation and will exert its influence to ensure the magazine is binned, or the offensive stickers removed before it is distributed within the airport.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 1:55 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by IAN-UK
Sorry you ran into a shower of florid criticism for bringing this to our attention. Hopefully the airline is fully aware of this shameful publicity stunt by Sakiewicz.

The stickers represent distasteful propaganda from a reactionary group through its right-wing rag. I'd rather hoped such malice, a clear incitement to hatred based on life-style, was as unlawful as it is despicable within Europe. I'd hope the airline is aware of the situation and will exert its influence to ensure the magazine is binned, or the offensive stickers removed before it is distributed within the airport.
Life-style? So being gay is a lifestyle choice?
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:27 am

Originally Posted by IAN-UK

The stickers represent distasteful propaganda from a reactionary group through its right-wing rag. I'd rather hoped such malice, a clear incitement to hatred based on life-style, was as unlawful as it is despicable within Europe
As much as one could agree (or not) with the above statements, you are way off-topic and into OMNI territory here, with the whole discussion based on something which hasn't happened yet and probably will not even happen. The Daily Mail has been doing distasteful propaganda for as much as I can remember and, still, it is being distributed in airports and lounges across Britain on a daily basis.

Moving on.

G
hugolover likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:45 am

Programs: BA, KLM, Alitalia
How is discussing that an airline is distributing a facist rag off topic on a FF forum that discusses airlines. If you can complain about filthy cabins you sure can complain about a facist publication promoting the idea of gay free area's, been distrubuted by an airline how filthy is that.
IAN-UK, ksu, marcoos and 1 others like this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 2:46 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Basia's cabins aren't filthy. There's no link.

You need the BArb forum!
Dover2Golf likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 3:09 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Here's a link to the stickers on the Insta (total followers 901)

With all the coverage this is getting outside of Poland (a magazine I personally had never heard of nor noticed) you'd have thought they could have printed them in English!

Seems a real oversight!

The Left once again boosting the profile of something that should have been left to die and wither... their circulation is less than my local free Shopper magazine. Their editor needs to come up with a shock campaign and they can be on CNN and BBC too!
AlicorporateUK likes this.
Old Jul 24, 2019, 4:47 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
German news covered the topic in depth yesterday but also mentioned that you now get counter stickers that proclaim the opposite from the Wiosna/Spring party. So maybe get a bunch of those and put them inside any Gazeta you can find in the lounge(s)?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.