Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Priority security lane for travel companion of a SEN/HON

Search this Thread

Old May 21, 2019, 12:02 am

Programs: LH M&M, BA EC, DL SM
Originally Posted by curt
Not in HAM. They‘ll send you to the normal security lines.
They do, but could not enforce it if you do not comply.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:48 am
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
The security inspection points are operated by the airports for the federal police and access to such facilities is open to all passengers as part of that. So they technically cannot enforce any restriction. But the signage repels enough of the crowd.
worldclubber likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 12:58 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by worldclubber

That‘s your opinion which is obviously not shared by many people and societies. When we still had a king, things were different ...
Quite a while since you had a King there

I do get the point that, what’s the point in earning status & paying for premium if the said facilities are open to all
JohnRain likes this.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:05 am

Geneva is tough - unless you can get the attention of security further down, it's a no-go.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:16 am

Originally Posted by chris63
Quite a while since you had a King there

I do get the point that, what’s the point in earning status & paying for premium if the said facilities are open to all
The airlines can differentiate the product that is within their control (lounge access, priority boarding, extra luggage for status pax, decent bubbly in premium classes etc.).

The security check, like immigration, is beyond the airline‘s control and thus technically the same for all. At the end of the day, the airlines would just have to stop advertising something they cannot deliver.

Old May 21, 2019, 1:44 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

The airlines can differentiate the product that is within their control (lounge access, priority boarding, extra luggage for status pax, decent bubbly in premium classes etc.).

The security check, like immigration, is beyond the airline‘s control and thus technically the same for all. At the end of the day, the airlines would just have to stop advertising something they cannot deliver.

Of course but they do promise those things currently
Old May 21, 2019, 2:00 am

Of course but they do promise those things currently
I hear you. But strictly speaking they are not even lying: They promise that status/premium pax get access to the "fast lane (wehere available)", but they do not promise that Y pax without status do not.

It is not just Germany, preferred access to security checks are discussed in many countries and things like "Gold Track" are built on soft legal grounds at many airports.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

I hear you. But strictly speaking they are not even lying: They promise that status/premium pax get access to the "fast lane (wehere available)", but they do not promise that Y pax without status do not.

It is not just Germany, preferred access to security checks are discussed in many countries and things like "Gold Track" are built on soft legal grounds at many airports.
Yes, of course, you & I know & understand that as seasoned travellers, confusing to others no doubt.
Old May 21, 2019, 2:28 am

Yes, of course, you & I know & understand that as seasoned travellers, confusing to others no doubt.
It's probably a good thing, particularly for us, that most people don't know and follow the signs. I have only once observed a discussion that a non-status pax flying in Y demanded that he get access to the fast lane (because at that particular airport it was the only security lane with a traditional metal detector, all the other lanes had a nude-o-scope).
Old May 21, 2019, 6:48 am

In Germany, customers on economy flex tickets have access to the priority security lane. Outside of Germany it is just business/first class and status holders.
Old May 21, 2019, 1:11 pm

Programs: LX SEN

Goldtrack in many places in the US is used for small kids, disabled and crews that overtake all passengers in line in that lane. Often it is worse than the regular lane. Often, I wonder if they are designed to impose social diversity on status passengers.
Old May 21, 2019, 3:24 pm

Originally Posted by Nic33
Goldtrack in many places in the US is used for small kids, disabled and crews that overtake all passengers in line in that lane. Often it is worse than the regular lane. Often, I wonder if they are designed to impose social diversity on status passengers.
The legitimacy of Gold Tracks is discussed in several countries.

In some places such as NRT it works really well.

Last edited by worldclubber; May 21, 2019 at 4:06 pm
Old May 21, 2019, 3:48 pm

Originally Posted by Nic33
well, that’s because they want you to pay for PreCheck or CLEAR
ISTFlyer likes this.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.