Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Austrian OS long haul experience [merged reports]

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9, 2013, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Programs: LH SEN, EK Gold,OW SIL, SPG GOLD.
Austrian OS long haul experience [merged reports]

After some registration delays it seems that the first refurbished B772 from Austrian will be in service from today to Malé. The new cabin includes new seats in C and Y and a new AVOD.

From next week on the first B763 will be in service to Dubai. Here the full interior was refurbished.

Post your experience with the new cabin.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 12:10 pm
Flying Blue Director

What is the new seating layout of the J cabin on the 772/763? The website and SeatGuru still seem to show the old ones.
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:38 pm
Moderator: Lufthansa Miles & More, India based airlines, India, External Miles & Points Resources

Programs: LH SEN
More here: http://www.flyertalk.com/forum/miles...-os-new-c.html
Old Jan 9, 2013, 1:40 pm
Original Poster

New OS long haul cabin experience

The layout for the 772 will be a 1-2-1 for the uneven rows and 2-2-2 for the even rows. 80% of the seats will have direct access to the aisles.
For the 763 it will be a 1-2-1 and all seats have direct aisles access.
You can see the layouts under my pictures.
Old Jan 10, 2013, 8:22 am
Original Poster

Here are the first pictures of the new C and Y cabin of yesterdays first flight to Malé with the 772 (taken from the Austrian facebook site):

I must really say that this is quiet an improvement to the old cabin. The dark blue and green seats are finally gone. I like the blue sky wall.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 4:05 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Looks wonderful.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 4:54 am

Programs: UA 1K, HH LTD
Is it the same NEK seat in Y as LH's new 744 seats?
Old Jan 11, 2013, 9:18 am

Programs: BAEC Gold, M&M Senator
From the pics it looks like Y is ten across in the 777. I'm sure that has already been mentioned somewhere (didn't see it in the other thread oliver2002 listed in post #3) and I know most of FT likes to travel in biz but 10 across in a 777 in Y is a deal breaker for me since our NGO will only pay for Y and M&M upgrades cost too much in miles. So I'll stick to LH, LX, UA [except on the 787] & AC on longhauls until they, too, further decimate their economy product by cramming in another seat during a refurb.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:39 am

Programs: A3 *G; AA EXP
Originally Posted by eefor jfp
From the pics it looks like Y is ten across in the 777. I'm sure that has already been mentioned somewhere (didn't see it in the other thread oliver2002 listed in post #3) and I know most of FT likes to travel in biz but 10 across in a 777 in Y is a deal breaker for me since our NGO will only pay for Y and M&M upgrades cost too much in miles. So I'll stick to LH, LX, UA [except on the 787] & AC on longhauls until they, too, further decimate their economy product by cramming in another seat during a refurb.
Well, that's no change from the previous config which also was 10-across

I have to say that this looks wonderful indeed! I can't wait to try it out.

The colors are well chosen I think, the cabin looks very elegant
Old Jan 11, 2013, 10:53 am

Programs: LH SEN, FB Plat., HH D.
Very nice indeed.

The pity is that there is no chance to find 2 Biz award seats for Male unless you are HON.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:02 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by more4less
Very nice indeed.

The pity is that there is no chance to find 2 Biz award seats for Male unless you are HON.
I don't think HON has any advantages on OS that I am aware of for reward tickets.
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:18 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
I don't think HON has any advantages on OS that I am aware of for reward tickets.
Hi TRAVELSIG,

I remember reading a couple of posts about HONs being able to force a couple of award seats in Biz

Last edited by more4less; Jan 11, 2013 at 11:22 am Reason: spell - blo...autocorrector
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:21 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by more4less
Hi TRAVELSIG,

I remember reading a couple of posts about HONs being able to focouple of award seats in Biz
On Lufthansa yes- on Austrian I don't think so (or at least I have never been able to do it).
Old Jan 11, 2013, 11:24 am

Originally Posted by TRAVELSIG
On Lufthansa yes- on Austrian I don't think so (or at least I have never been able to do it).
It was in the Male route(OS).

Good luck if you try it.
Old Jan 12, 2013, 7:21 am

Programs: LH SEN + many more
Seats in C, look more like a Dentist cabinet....(or the practice qubicles for Dentistry students)
Especially in picture #2.

The personal lights look like some tool or service hose for water, air or dishwasher.
White interior: a. looks too "alerting" to human eye. b. Will get dirty fast and all the imperfections will be more visible. Too much contrast in my opinion.

Last edited by VictorXray; Jan 12, 2013 at 7:29 am

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.