Wiki Posts
Search

eu261 compensation

Search this Thread

Old Sep 14, 2022, 12:09 pm
Original Poster

eu261 compensation

hi, i would like to ask if in case below the protection from eu261 takes place:
- ticket issued by LO (miles award ticket)
- routing is bkk-vie-waw (from non eu to eu)
- first leg operated by BR (non eu airline)
- second leg operated by LO
- first leg is delayed so that connection was missed. moved to another LO flight and because of that arrived > 3hrs later

i think that because delay was caused by non eu airline flying to eu, eu261 does not work. but asking cost nothing, maybe i am wrong and fact that tickets is issued by eu carrier or fact that second leg is within eu prevails? if yes then, shall i try to get compensation from LO?
Old Sep 14, 2022, 8:07 pm
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: LH HON***,UA,BA.EK Gold,AV.
Originally Posted by mknalewo
hi, i would like to ask if in case below the protection from eu261 takes place:
- ticket issued by LO (miles award ticket)
- routing is bkk-vie-waw (from non eu to eu)
- first leg operated by BR (non eu airline)
- second leg operated by LO
- first leg is delayed so that connection was missed. moved to another LO flight and because of that arrived > 3hrs later

i think that because delay was caused by non eu airline flying to eu, eu261 does not work. but asking cost nothing, maybe i am wrong and fact that tickets is issued by eu carrier or fact that second leg is within eu prevails? if yes then, shall i try to get compensation from LO?
Your claim would be against the airline operating the delayed flight but as that is BR non EU carrier from non EU Country, Thailand, EU261 does not apply.
Old Sep 15, 2022, 1:06 am
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: TK Elite
I agree with the previous poster.

LO is not to blame here as it was the BR flight that was delayed. Under the regulation LO is not liable to pay comp. for delay of a flight of another carrier. And BR is not liable as this was a flight TO EU

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

This site is owned, operated, and maintained by MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Designated trademarks are the property of their respective owners.